LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by carlgo:
Social media is a disease and people who use it lose any good sense and they get progressively worse. Recovery involves isolation from it and from people who are similarly affected by it, sort of like the plague.

Yes. Why do players have to make idiots of themselves on twitter?
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
You've never had food poisoning...come on, admit it! Worst feeling I've ever had...worse than the worst flu...I've never died so I can't compare the two...but I wanted to!

If you suit up, you play. If he was ill he shouldn't have suited up. No excuses.
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
He still does not look comfortable back there returning punts. I am afraid to think about what could happen in the crucial moments of a playoff game....

Same here. I keep having these nightmares over and over again.....
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
LMJ is still crap especially with KR/PR, I don't care what anyone says, he lacks explosiveness, speed, vision and decisiveness.
Originally posted by Rascal:
LMJ is still crap especially with KR/PR, I don't care what anyone says, he lacks explosiveness, speed, vision and decisiveness.

Top of my list for the offseason is a CB or WR with elite speed, good hands, and KR skills. Top three rounds...is a must. Hell, I might take two one for the D and one for the O....we need a slot corner and guy to run the deep bomb.

I could see LMJ gone as well, I dont think he is as bad as you, but he doesnt bring anything to the table that somebody else cant Gore gets one more year in the sun, Lattimore is the bell cow of the future, Hunter is the change of pace, and Dixon is the utility guy and special teams ace....all LMJ brings is inconsistant kick return skills and an RB skill set not suited to our offense. I could see him doing well in Philly, Carolina or Miami where the run game is more finese based and designed around getting to the edge or in space quickly. Ball carrier vision is too critical to our game plan and he is just an open space kind of runner.
Originally posted by English:
You've never had food poisoning...come on, admit it! Worst feeling I've ever had...worse than the worst flu...I've never died so I can't compare the two...but I wanted to!

If you suit up, you play. If he was ill he shouldn't have suited up. No excuses.

Yes, they could have used KW...er...I guess not. James obviously felt pressure to get out there, and I don't blame him. Sit down with an injury on this team and someone takes your job...just the way it is in pro sports. And he did a decent job...didn't lose any of those muffs. So, again, should he keep quiet and let others make excuses for him? Yes...especially after a win. If he had lost a fumble and the game went down with it, then that might be startling enough to make excuses...but even then...naw, just shouldn't do it. Stand up and take the heat...he will be a good player and have plenty of chances to bask in the light!
Not happy about the muffed punts but it happens. That's just the reality, even Josh Cribbs muffed several punts during his rookie season, Ted Ginn when he was with the Dolphins, muffed 6 punts and lost 2 of them. Now people would say he's a fairly dependable returner. These guys have to be allowed to play, they'll make mistakes but they'll also learn from and develop, you can't really develop a returner from the bench, they need to get as much hands on time during the preseason and the regular season in actual games. So far nothing James has done has cost the 49ers, he's given them some decent returns and shows the ability to take one deep as well. As long as he learns from his mistakes and continues to work on his focus, securing the ball before looking to take off downfield, he'll be fine.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Top of my list for the offseason is a CB or WR with elite speed, good hands, and KR skills. Top three rounds...is a must. Hell, I might take two one for the D and one for the O....we need a slot corner and guy to run the deep bomb.

I could see LMJ gone as well, I dont think he is as bad as you, but he doesnt bring anything to the table that somebody else cant Gore gets one more year in the sun, Lattimore is the bell cow of the future, Hunter is the change of pace, and Dixon is the utility guy and special teams ace....all LMJ brings is inconsistant kick return skills and an RB skill set not suited to our offense. I could see him doing well in Philly, Carolina or Miami where the run game is more finese based and designed around getting to the edge or in space quickly. Ball carrier vision is too critical to our game plan and he is just an open space kind of runner.

Hunter is not a "change of pace." He's a similar physical runner as Gore. James and Hunter couldn't be more different in terms of their running styles. If used properly, I think James could be a contributor on this offense, if he's traded and Roman stays, it makes no difference, that just proves that the offensive coaching staff continually doesn't know how to use their players properly. Good teams find or create roles for guys to contribute, you don't think James could go to New England, New Orleans, Seattle or Denver and be utilized regularly in the offense? Those teams would find a way to get him the ball in space, to use running plays that go to his strengths.

Meanwhile jackass is up in the booth, having James run up the middle as if he was Gore and having Dixon run to the outside like he's LeSean McCoy.
Muffed punts happen. Just like in any other sport; mistakes happen. It's the repetition of mistakes that's a red flag like kW.

LMJ has talented as hell and definitely isn't being used to his potential.

Most people, including me, thought Bush was a BUST! But Detroit has found way to get the most out of him.

Doubtfully Roman can do the same - yet there's always hope.

If he isn't going to use him effectively then we should try to get something for him and get a chance to find a player who'll they'll use.Nothing against LMJ but if we aren't going to use him then why keep him?
I feel comfortable with him returning punts... just not catching them!

I was hoping to see that he'd improved in this area when we stuck him in there last week, but no. He hasn't improved. He's still running up and back to field them. Yeah, he hasn't cost us a game, yet, but it could so very easily happen. I don't want another NFCCG mishap or worse yet, a Super Bowl mishap!

Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
@LaMichaelJames: Dear all who sent me hate tweets I hate you too go head butt a field goal post I was out there playing a game with food poison

LMJ just needs to shut up. He almost blew the game then blamed it on sickness. How does food poisoning affect whether you muff a punt or not? Idiot.

I've had it, still had to go to work (only making 18 dollars) not 18k and did not b***h about it

Dudes complains about not playing, when he does, complains about people on twitter lol
Originally posted by ghostrider:
I feel comfortable with him returning punts... just not catching them!

I was hoping to see that he'd improved in this area when we stuck him in there last week, but no. He hasn't improved. He's still running up and back to field them. Yeah, he hasn't cost us a game, yet, but it could so very easily happen. I don't want another NFCCG mishap or worse yet, a Super Bowl mishap!

It was James who fumbled the ball on 10 yard line in the Super Bowl.

Personally I don't like LMJ. I don't think he suits this physical style of running because he can't break a tackle. He's not as fast or agile as people make him out to be either. Comparing him Sproles or Cobb is ridiculous.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
I've had it, still had to go to work (only making 18 dollars) not 18k and did not b***h about it

Dudes complains about not playing, when he does, complains about people on twitter lol

Exactly. His complaints about not playing rubbed me the wrong way.
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Not happy about the muffed punts but it happens. That's just the reality, even Josh Cribbs muffed several punts during his rookie season, Ted Ginn when he was with the Dolphins, muffed 6 punts and lost 2 of them. Now people would say he's a fairly dependable returner. These guys have to be allowed to play, they'll make mistakes but they'll also learn from and develop, you can't really develop a returner from the bench, they need to get as much hands on time during the preseason and the regular season in actual games. So far nothing James has done has cost the 49ers, he's given them some decent returns and shows the ability to take one deep as well. As long as he learns from his mistakes and continues to work on his focus, securing the ball before looking to take off downfield, he'll be fine.

It happens? Yes. If it happens once a game, it's a huge problem. Can't trust him to catch the ball right now. I want him to be good, unfortunately that's not enough.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Hunter is not a "change of pace." He's a similar physical runner as Gore. James and Hunter couldn't be more different in terms of their running styles. If used properly, I think James could be a contributor on this offense, if he's traded and Roman stays, it makes no difference, that just proves that the offensive coaching staff continually doesn't know how to use their players properly. Good teams find or create roles for guys to contribute, you don't think James could go to New England, New Orleans, Seattle or Denver and be utilized regularly in the offense? Those teams would find a way to get him the ball in space, to use running plays that go to his strengths.

Meanwhile jackass is up in the booth, having James run up the middle as if he was Gore and having Dixon run to the outside like he's LeSean McCoy.

This team is dedicated to power running...period! Drives me crazy but everything revolves around that principle and James is not a great blocker in the jumbo packages nor is he a power runner...at least not nearly as good as Gore.

Last week we saw what James can do in open space with his returns but this week they covered much better. He can do the same thing as a RB but only with some dedicated plays to use his skill. It's as if the coaches say...OK...we have X amount of time in practice to learn new plays and not enough time to devote to skills that can't be run by every back....from Dixon to James.
Share 49ersWebzone