There are 133 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

LaMichael James is a Niner

Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
The LaMichael James experiment is over. Chalk this in as another draft bust.

Right, because it's his fault the imbeciles scheming/calling plays don't utilize him properly. Wake me up when finally decide to throw him some screens, swings, split him out wide or in the slot, have him run reverses, etc. But you're probably right, only give him 1 or 2 plays from scrimmage, jam him up the middle and then declare him a bust....sound reasoning, well done.
exactly!!! LMJ was impressive today, except the dropped punt. But overall he was excellent.....draft bust? u cant be serious ?!! Did u even watch the game. Hes improving every game with lil experience really
so glad this dude is finally getting some touches. It's just a matter of time before he starts breaking some long returns. It'll come with experience.
  • Liono
I told you guys LMJ would be a spark in the return game! He needs to get some quality touches on the offense as well. He's so much more explosive than Kendall Hunter....what exactly has Hunter done all year?
Its not that LMJ is a bust, its that he was picked one or two rounds too high. He is a 4th round talent and the 49ers REACHED too high for him. He does have some skills but the more I see any Ducks players in the NFL, the more I see its their system and not so much the players.
The current schemes doesnt allow for LMJ, nor Hunter for that matter, to succeed offensively.
We didnt reach for him. Roman simply doesnt know how to use him properly. Back then, though it's still prevailing, we needed some speed in our offense. LMJ was indeed a good talent, who would have been drafted by the 4th round, imo.
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
The LaMichael James experiment is over. Chalk this in as another draft bust.

Living up to your moniker, that is for sure
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
The current schemes doesnt allow for LMJ, nor Hunter for that matter, to succeed offensively.

You nailed it. We need a more diversified passing offense that uses them like Sproles for them to flourish. I have the feeling we are going to be progressively forced to morph our offense into something more like New England, Denver and New Orleans run. Much more spread and running out of these types of sets. The reason we went back to traditional I formation was because it is Gore's strength. That offense is just not the most potent anymore and we can't continue to put it all on Frank. Old dying philosophy. I really hope Harbaugh and Roman completely remake their offense philosophy in the offseason. They will have to for this team to take the next step.
Yea its like night & day in the return game
still needs to be involved in the offense more, one play a game isnt enough and a crappy play at that haha..good returns though
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch

#49ers LaMichael James has 130 punt-return yards in three games, 69 more than Kyle Williams had in eight games.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:

#49ers LaMichael James has 130 punt-return yards in three games, 69 more than Kyle Williams had in eight games.

lololol go LaMichael
Originally posted by barrymartin:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

You nailed it. We need a more diversified passing offense that uses them like Sproles for them to flourish. I have the feeling we are going to be progressively forced to morph our offense into something more like New England, Denver and New Orleans run. Much more spread and running out of these types of sets. The reason we went back to traditional I formation was because it is Gore's strength. That offense is just not the most potent anymore and we can't continue to put it all on Frank. Old dying philosophy. I really hope Harbaugh and Roman completely remake their offense philosophy in the offseason. They will have to for this team to take the next step.

Hit the nail on the head. 100% spot on!

Obviously it's too late to see drastic changes in our offense this season but I do hope after how atrocious our offense has looked this year, Jim and Roman realize that they must change, adopt new offensive concepts/philosophies and keep up with the times to survive and remain a contender in this league; they must revamp and modernize this offense in the offseason.
Originally posted by Jcool:

lol
Oh and I also think it's unfair to call LMJ a bust. How could we possibly know what he has when our OC and coaches are stuck in the f**king Stone Age and don't even utilize him? Guarantee if he was in the following systems: Denver, Patriots, Saints - his career would be flourishing by now. Him not having an expanded role on offense is 100% on the coaches IMO.
[ Edited by NeonNiner on Nov 26, 2013 at 8:03 AM ]