There are 120 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

LaMichael James is a Niner

Count me as one of those who think he can be used the way Sproles and Bush were in NO. He is no way as good as them right now, but he does have some of the physical skill they do, speed, agility, quick, elusive, more so than anyone else on offense really. Can he catch? I don't know, he hasn't been asked to. Catching can be improved if you tell a player that's his role. we need help in the pass catch dept., its worth trying
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by theduke85:
Originally posted by iLL49er:
has LMJ ever shown he can catch the ball consistently?
Well no, but, he's short, black and fast, so we should automatically assume he possesses all of the ability and strengths of Darren Sproles.

Bingo.

About sums up the logic and intelligence that Ninertalk possesses.

Forget Sproles, I immediately wrote him in as Barry Sanders 2.0
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by theduke85:
Well no, but, he's short, black and fast, so we should automatically assume he possesses all of the ability and strengths of Darren Sproles.

Bingo.

About sums up the logic and intelligence that Ninertalk possesses.

I think he was being sarcastic, as was I. But yes, I know a handful of people here saw a quick, small running back and immediately said SPROLES!

Oh I know he was being sarcastic. I thought what he wrote was funny
On KNBR 680 FITZ&BROOKS yesterday BrOOKS said that LMJ struggled during TC returning punts. So were would he fit in during game days? he wont take snaps from Gore and Hunter is cemented as #2 also keep in mind that LMJ Failed to overtake Hunters #2 spot even though Hunter was coming back from injury.
  • Liono
No doubt, LaMichael could be one hell of a return man as long as he doesn't have issues with ball security, and it stands to reason the coaches have observed that in practice since they'd put such an inferior athlete in as KR instead of LMJ.

But maybe they can start him off on kick off returns, let him get some time under his belt then field punts.
I was Kyle Williams style (almost) nervous anytime he went to return when he was at Oregon.
LMJ sucks at fielding punts. I seent it in preseason.
Why did we draft this guy? No place for him on the roster, quick but not very strong, seems to go down easy upon contact. Maybe they thought he'd be another Darren Sproles, but the guy isn't nearly as tough to tackle.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
I was Kyle Williams style (almost) nervous anytime he went to return when he was at Oregon.

This. He was a playmaker there for sure, but just did not look comfortable at all catching punts. He's much better suited as. KR and, IMO, would thrive in the roll like Gio Bernard's in CIN.

This. He was a playmaker there for sure, but just did not look comfortable at all catching punts. He's much better suited as. KR and, IMO, would thrive in the roll like Gio Bernard's in CIN.

i love bernard. started peeping in on a few bengals games last year. they play fun football, their games are almost always entertaining. already they had two tied games won with a field goal this year. all dat football drama.

I like how they use bernard in cincinatti because it plays to his strengths. what I dont like is how they use the law firm. every time he comes on the field the defense loads up the box because they know its going up the middle. f**king Ray Charles could see that

Our coaches are to stubborn to put him in a role like that. They won't add plays for him at all.
I hate when people are comparing one player to an other just cause tha size maybe about tha same ... sproles has fought for every play N yard when james b*tchz N crys about not being in there ill hello get to work N earn it ...plain N simple truth is he would be in there if he was better then gore but hes not N he cant even take over hunters spot...i wish we ciukd have traded him N be done with him N this thread.....

they could leave him at KR and activate Cox for punts. he wasnt bad at all when he got a shot to return some punts
That's what I'm wondering because if he could get the ball in space, get the extra point team out there.
Lets give the coaching staff a little credit here. I'd like to believe that he hasn't been playing because he hasn't been ready. If all the talk about him getting into the action on offense and ST is real, we should see him soon enough and when we do it will because he's earned it by his work on and off the 49ers practice field. Nothing is given in this league and what he did in college mean nothing.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home