There are 149 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

LaMichael James is a Niner

Originally posted by diablo:
I feel that LMJ is grossly overrated. He looks nothing like Sproles. Hunter is signficantly better than LMJ.

This. He should be traded if we can get something reasonable for him.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
I feel that LMJ is grossly overrated. He looks nothing like Sproles. Hunter is signficantly better than LMJ.

of course this is the truth, and he b***hes to much on social media, f**k him, trade him and get a 6th rounder
  • Liono
I don't understand the assertions that "Kendall is clearly better" than LaMichael. Kendall is averaging 3.7 yards per carry since returning from injury. The only thing that is clear is that LaMichael is the most explosive athlete we have on the team.
  • bors
  • Veteran
This thread should be renamed ....lmj is kinda of a 49er
Either trade him or activate him and trade Kyle.
Originally posted by Liono:
I don't understand the assertions that "Kendall is clearly better" than LaMichael. Kendall is averaging 3.7 yards per carry since returning from injury. The only thing that is clear is that LaMichael is the most explosive athlete we have on the team.

Based on what?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by Liono:

Based on what?
one kickoff return last year. and some carries in garbage time.
So now we don't like LaMichael James.

oh ok
ive always thought he looked solid..who knows
Now there is a story that the Niners have put Dixon on the trading block.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/report-49ers-looking-deal-dixon

This would make it more likely LMJ would be activated on game days (if the trade is made and Dixon's spot on the roster is taken by a player that still needs a bit of time to fully recover/become game ready)

Was this the plan the whole time? (Give LMJ a bit more time to fully heal and be very fresh for second half of season)
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by defenderDX:
So now we don't like LaMichael James.

oh ok

i turned on him two days ago when he kept b***hing on social media about his lack of playing time... i then thought about his body of work and opted that it is not tragic if we get rid of him
I'd be more pissed if we hot rid of boobie and kept LMJ. Boobie has been great at short distance runs and is awesome on special teams. LMJ does neither.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by NJNiner:
If we do land a WR like Gordon, who do you think will be send packing? I am betting Kyle Williams gets the axe!

Kyle Williams will not get the axe. The coaches like him as a returned otherwise James would be returning...

I think this just changed!
Can LMJ even be considered a Niner? I'm starting to forget what he looks like.

How do we know this. There is a huge difference in the way Sproles is used in NO versus the way LMJ is used here. Here we have a few spread plays that are add-ons to our basic offense. So LMJ is basically an add-on also, and opposing D's are more easily able to predict the play when he is in the game. In NO Sproles is completely integrated into the offense and is on the field 2/3 of the time. He is motioned all over the place, works out of the slot, etc. He's a continual Wild Card. It's the same with Tavon Austin with the Rams. He's having a miserable year considering his talent and draft position. Why? Because he too is an addendum to their basic offensive strategy. They pepper him in occasionally on certain plays but he is not continually a dynamic playmaking potential. Until Roman and Harbaugh figure out how to keep him on the offense at least a third to half of the time where is moved all over the place and is given the ball from many different formations we will never find out his capacities.