There are 175 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
AJ, and LMJ...ugh! I was hoping for Fleener, and Turbin! Well neither of them is lighting the league on fire, but I still think those two would have better draft picks! I like LMJ, and think he has some potential, but with Hunter on the roster, he is redundant, he is the back ups back up, what a waste of talent, and waste of a second round pick!
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
if they're gonna trade him, at least get him out there, let him produce so that his trade value can go up.

Trading him does kindda make sense with Lattimore getting healthy.

Right Latamore, Hunter and DIxon, will all be ahead of LMJ on the depth chart, maybe we can get a 7th round pick for him, we sure as hell don't need some cast off from another team...looking at you Baldwin!
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Baalke talking trade deadline and LMJ in the same context. IMO LMJ is as good as gone!

I thought he categorically said LMJ won't be traded, no ?

Just going by the past. How many times have we heard a coach or a GM swear they are not interested in trading a player and next thing you know he is traded or released?
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Baalke talking trade deadline and LMJ in the same context. IMO LMJ is as good as gone!

Just going by the past. How many times have we heard a coach or a GM swear they are not interested in trading a player and next thing you know he is traded or released?

If you are right and means we will land Josh Gordon, I am all for it !!

That would be great but with Manningham close to returning and Crabs possible return next month, is there really room for another WR?
  • Rascal
  • Veteran

That would be great but with Manningham close to returning and Crabs possible return next month, is there really room for another WR?

Absolutely. The truth of the matter is those fans who are opposed to the trade simply think both Mario and Crab will be 100% at the top of their game immediately after their return which is just unrealistic. We also need to think further ahead, we couldn't beat the Seahawks when we had Crab last year, there is no doubt in my mind we will need a legit deep threat to give us a chance. The problem is all we have right now is Vernon for the deep routes who is already a bit banged up and they will be able to key in on him to shut him down. We need another deep option to spread out their secondary. Just look at how the Colts beat them, TY Hilton was the difference. He managed to consistently beat out Sherman to get open. Josh Gordon can do the same.

Absolutely. The truth of the matter is those fans who are opposed to the trade simply think both Mario and Crab will be 100% at the top of their game immediately after their return which is just unrealistic. We also need to think further ahead, we couldn't beat the Seahawks when we had Crab last year, there is no doubt in my mind we will need a legit deep threat to give us a chance. The problem is all we have right now is Vernon for the deep routes who is already a bit banged up and they will be able to key in on him to shut him down. We need another deep option to spread out their secondary. Just look at how the Colts beat them, TY Hilton was the difference. He managed to consistently beat out Sherman to get open. Josh Gordon can do the same.

This^^^
I agree^^^^^ the unwillingness to pull the trigger will cost us. Balke is gun shy and it's frustrating
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Broseph6:
I agree^^^^^ the unwillingness to pull the trigger will cost us. Balke is gun shy and it's frustrating

If we are serious about making a run for the Super Bowl, we will need to be gutsy enough to make such a bold move and frankly the situation calls for it.
  • buck
  • Veteran
I am pretty sure that the 49ers are actually making a run for the Super Bowl.

Bold moves can be highly overrated.

Least we forget, Tampa Bay made many bold moves this off season.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:
I am pretty sure that the 49ers are actually making a run for the Super Bowl.

Bold moves can be highly overrated.

Least we forget, Tampa Bay made many bold moves this off season.

yes,, remember goldson was their missing piece.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

If we are serious about making a run for the Super Bowl, we will need to be gutsy enough to make such a bold move and frankly the situation calls for it.
what "situation". we have won four in a row,, finally figured out what we are supposed to do on offense, special teams and defense are at a very high level and we got guys on both sides of the ball coming back soon which will make us stronger... maybe i missed something but is there some "dire situation" we are in right now that calls for bold moves and trades?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
guns can blow up in your face. we are not in desperation mode and this "trade" will not and should not take place
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
what "situation". we have won four in a row,, finally figured out what we are supposed to do on offense, special teams and defense are at a very high level and we got guys on both sides of the ball coming back soon which will make us stronger... maybe i missed something but is there some "dire situation" we are in right now that calls for bold moves and trades?

Looks like you have neglected to talk about the passing game. When you have time, watch the Colts vs Seahawks game and you will have a far better idea what is required in order to beat the Seahawks.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:

Looks like you have neglected to talk about the passing game. When you have time, watch the Colts vs Seahawks game and you will have a far better idea what is required in order to beat the Seahawks.
i believe with the addition of mario and maybe crabs the passing game, which is getting better each week,,,, will be better in two months than it is now. I know good posters like you disagree and thats ok. i just do not think we are in such a dire need that we need to make some knee jerk trade . if i am wrong,, well it will not the first time and i will step up and admit it. hell i thought the niners were screwing the pooch for not signing david boston back in the day so what do i know?
Share 49ersWebzone