There are 202 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
HOW IS this guy worse than Boobie?

boobie can play sp teams, rb and fb if need be. lmj needs gore to be tired and hunter to be hurt to get out there.
Originally posted by dj43:
I disagree that James can't block. First of all, we don't have much to look at but on a couple of the very few plays he was in, he did a decent job blocking.

However, the main point it, we have never seen Harbaugh run any of the screens or swings or RB curls that would all be great routes for James. When James has been in, he is usually running the same plays Gore would run. James is not a "poosy" but he is not even close to the strength of Gore, very few are. But James can run stretch plays to great advantage and certainly could command a great deal of respect from LBs if allowed to run some pass routes out of the backfield. Roger Craig could probably teach Harbaugh a few things about that. Now that I think of it, Rathman should have a few routes that he could add. It just seems obvious Harbaugh is not interested in any of it.

Yep. James is an entirely different runner than Gore or Hunter but they pretty much call the same plays for him as they do the other two.
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
I think a few things on this:

1) I think his blocking is suspect perhaps so he can;t be on the field more, he won't unseat Gore or Hunter on that
2) If all we did was throw a screen or run pistol then as soon as he came on the field the defense would know the call.
If he would play as good as he b***hes he might have a bigger roll. Brandon jacobs was a terrible influence on him last year.
Rashaun Woods. He couldn't even make a bad Niners team!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
HOW IS this guy worse than Boobie?

I think he is... at this point, Boobie has value because of his short-yardage ability. I just don't see James having value when Hunter seems like he's better and they're both very similar.
Dixon's value is on special teams, that's it. He even sucks at short yardage, dances around too much.
The change of pace works. Gore can't be there all of the time and when he's out, there is still production. James needs to show me more though (He was a stud for me in Madden 13 lol.)
Originally posted by Buchy:

1) I think his blocking is suspect perhaps so he can;t be on the field more, he won't unseat Gore or Hunter on that
2) If all we did was throw a screen or run pistol then as soon as he came on the field the defense would know the call.

Exactly!

Gore and Hunter can go inside and outside. James screams of a one dimensional player and the D would know it. If Latt comes back 100% I would bet we resign Dixon cheap and dump James. Actually we could probably trade him to Philly.
Originally posted by jreff22:

Exactly!

Gore and Hunter can go inside and outside. James screams of a one dimensional player and the D would know it. If Latt comes back 100% I would bet we resign Dixon cheap and dump James. Actually we could probably trade him to Philly.

Yeah. James gets arm tackled. Doesn't mesh with our power running game. He wasn't active for games last year until hunter went down and its happening again this year.

Baalke's 2012 draft was a complete disaster. Not even one player starting or promising.

Exactly!

Sproles doesn't scream one dimensional?
My thoughts? Roman is trying to form Kap to be a legit pocket passer. To do this, the last thing Kap needs is new cogs around him. He needs vets who know how to improvise in case plays do not go as planned. Until then, don't expect guys like LMJ, kYle Williams, Baldwin or Patten to contribute.
[ Edited by Joecool on Oct 20, 2013 at 1:03 AM ]

Originally posted by Joecool:

Exactly!

My thoughts? Roman is trying to form Kap to be a legit pocket passer. To do this, the last thing Kap needs is new cogs around him. He needs vets who know how to improvise in case plays do not go as planned. Until then, don't expect guys like LMJ, kYle Williams, Baldwin or Patten to contribute.

LMJ isn't close to Sproles' talent level.

Exactly!

They are not even similar...

I really get tired of repeating myself in this thread.
Well, I would rather have LMJ out there than Kyle Williams.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

Exactly!

They are not even similar...

I really get tired of repeating myself in this thread.

Sproles as 1 dimensional? HAHA....

Sproles is probably the most dynamic back in the entire NFL. AP doesn't even catch the ball as well as Sproles does and Sproles can legitimately run anywhere on the field and line up at WR and HAVE to be accounted for.

Hell even up until 2 years ago when the Saints started using randoms on kick returns Sproles was one of the best returners in the league as well.

Aside from James' pretty awesome kick return against the pats, a play nobody would remember if we didn't score, much less have Crabtree take it to the house in 1 play and his TD in the NFCCG James has been invisible. Whether that is his fault or the coaches doesn't matter, the point is that we need to stop comparing him to Sproles.
[ Edited by sfout on Oct 20, 2013 at 5:37 PM ]
  • Liono
Here is a reel of ever LMJ touch last year. Can't you guys see his talent? He's much more explosive than anyone we have. When he gets a seam he's productive. Now they ran him to the outside alot, and outside runs are by nature boom or bust. How is Kendall Hunter better?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dQ6_xF3HFw
[ Edited by Liono on Oct 20, 2013 at 5:42 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone