• Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by kidash98:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
AJ Jenkins was the worst pick in 49ers and arguably NFL history.

derp!

Ryan Leaf
JaBustus Russell
etc
etc.

And even if he was talking about the 49ers:

Gio Carmazzi
Mike Rumph
Rashaun Woods
Israel Ifeanyi
Glen Coffee
Taylor Mays

etc.
etc.
etc.

carmazzi was a 3rd round pick
Rumph was better than AJ and will prove to have a longer career
Woods was absolute garbage but still had better numbers than Aj
Ifyani was a second round pick
Coffee was better than AJ but just didnt wanna play no more and also a 3rd pick.

We said worst pick and not based on where they were picked.

but draft status matters because then you would have to include 6-7th round picks who never even make the team. A 1st round is expected to become a solid starting player for years to come.

Okay... You got me there.

YES !!!

susweel - 1................... kiddash - 1,545,294

Hey, I did say it was arguable...

The dude was a WR and our core was depleted and still couldn't beat out guys who aren't even in the league anymore. Never seen a draft pick who not only had trouble playing WR, he had trouble staying on his feet!

[ Edited by Young2Rice on Oct 15, 2013 at 11:49 AM ]
James wasn't a bad pick. He was not a high pick. He has talent and was worth a try. Turns out he simply doesn't fit the plan right now.
Probably the worst draft i've seen in my lifetime. Only one guy left within 2 years who barely makes the active roster.

I don't want to get another warning, so I will refrain from saying anything other than ... this is the type of post that loses someone all credibility. Particularly since the player is still young, in the league and could eventually do something. Also, it wasn't like he was the first player selected in the draft that year, or a high first rounder (Hi Jamarcus, Mr. Leaf). He was a late first rounder.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Probably the worst draft i've seen in my lifetime. Only one guy left within 2 years who barely makes the active roster.

I don't want to get another warning, so I will refrain from saying anything other than ... this is the type of post that loses someone all credibility. Particularly since the player is still young, in the league and could eventually do something. Also, it wasn't like he was the first player selected in the draft that year, or a high first rounder (Hi Jamarcus, Mr. Leaf). He was a late first rounder.

NOOOOOO, not my internet fan forum credibility!

NOOO!

But seriously though. I said it was arguable. Never seen a draft pick do absolutely nothing, including being able to run without falling down. That's all.

Have you ever seen a healthy WR who can't stay on his feet and had 0 career catches in 3 years?
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Oct 15, 2013 at 12:07 PM ]
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

NOOO!

But seriously though. I said it was arguable. Never seen a draft pick do absolutely nothing, including being able to run without falling down. That's all.

Have you ever seen a healthy WR who can't stay on his feet and had 0 career catches in 3 years?

3 years?
Originally posted by boast:

NOOO!

3 years?

My bad. 2 years
I wasn't aware James was unhappy with his playing time. Surprised the news didn't make it on here. He's a good player but I can't seem to forget his fumble in the Bowch.
  • dj43
Originally posted by 49erWay:
James wasn't a bad pick. He was not a high pick. He has talent and was worth a try. Turns out he simply doesn't fit the plan right now.

THAT is the problem. He didn't fit the plan then, or NOW. It looks like Baalke and Harbaugh were on completely different planets at the time of the draft. Baalke saw what James was at Oregon and saw great potential for him in the NFL to be something similar to Reggie Bush or Darren Sproles. The problem is, Harbaugh has nothing in his playbook even close to what those guys are doing. As a consequence, James has wasted his first two years sitting on a team that has no plan or no way to use him. He is a round peg sitting next to a board that has only square holes. Not his fault. Baalke should try to trade him to New Orleans. He could probably get a 7th round pick for him and Peyton could turn him into a star player in his system.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
I've always thought the 2012 draft was a reaction to the Alex Smith Niners. They needed to add some speed and probably overdid it in regards to talent and fit. I don't think at the time they thought Kaep would be this good, at least not this fast. I do think they could at least have some packages for James, but it's obvious they don't trust him at all in pass protection and I'm sure they know other coaches pick up on that and see James in and know that means run. If you can't be multiple, JH doesn't seem to want to use you. I do wonder why we never run screen plays at all with 3 backs who would seem adept at them.

OR maybe LaMichael James just isn't very good. I'm sorry but I refuse to believe that the coaches are just sitting him on the bench because they don't have anything in the playbook for him. That's ridiculous. I had high hopes for James too but what we've seen from him as NOT been impressive. AT ALL! Who knows, if he stays in the weight room and can actually come in on passing downs and block without getting killed he might be able to work his way into some sort of consistent role on offense. If you can't block, you can't play RB at this level. The qb has to be able to check to a pass play from a run play without feeling like his RB is going to get him killed. James is a poosy!
Originally posted by NinerG94:
OR maybe LaMichael James just isn't very good. I'm sorry but I refuse to believe that the coaches are just sitting him on the bench because they don't have anything in the playbook for him. That's ridiculous. I had high hopes for James too but what we've seen from him as NOT been impressive. AT ALL! Who knows, if he stays in the weight room and can actually come in on passing downs and block without getting killed he might be able to work his way into some sort of consistent role on offense. If you can't block, you can't play RB at this level. The qb has to be able to check to a pass play from a run play without feeling like his RB is going to get him killed. James is a poosy!

I don't totally agree with all of what you said, but I think it's pretty obvious that we over-drafted James and he has limited NFL skills... man the 2012 draft blew chunks!!
HOW IS this guy worse than Boobie?
  • dj43
Originally posted by NinerG94:

I disagree that James can't block. First of all, we don't have much to look at but on a couple of the very few plays he was in, he did a decent job blocking.

However, the main point it, we have never seen Harbaugh run any of the screens or swings or RB curls that would all be great routes for James. When James has been in, he is usually running the same plays Gore would run. James is not a "poosy" but he is not even close to the strength of Gore, very few are. But James can run stretch plays to great advantage and certainly could command a great deal of respect from LBs if allowed to run some pass routes out of the backfield. Roger Craig could probably teach Harbaugh a few things about that. Now that I think of it, Rathman should have a few routes that he could add. It just seems obvious Harbaugh is not interested in any of it.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
HOW IS this guy worse than Boobie?

I think he is... at this point, Boobie has value because of his short-yardage ability. I just don't see James having value when Hunter seems like he's better and they're both very similar.
Share 49ersWebzone