LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 304 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Trade LMJ and a 3rd rounder for Josh Gordan!
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
How would you know? Dude is given next to no opportunity. Yet we have passes thrown to Miller, screens to Dixon, and Kyle Williams returning kicks.

Are you serious? You can't be serious. I've seen enough of James to know he's nowhere near the player Sproles is. Hunter is much more accurately compared to Sproles and for good reason. James = Leon Washington only not as good on special teams. You act like our coaches are morons. If James was all that, he'd be getting guaranteed touches just like that guy in New Orleans. The guy we all want James to be but just honestly isn't. I'm sorry dude but its not even close.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Niners Nation ‏@NinersNation

Harbaugh: LMJ development has been fine. He'll be back playing. I know the talk about "insurance", etc and it's no slight to LMJ

Harbaugh: He's a talented player, valuable member of the team

But Harbaugh is going with the hot hand instead.

Sounds like he'll be traded soon. You don't want compliments from Jim. Doubt he's that "valuable," if he's not playing.
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Niners Nation ‏@NinersNation

Harbaugh: LMJ development has been fine. He'll be back playing. I know the talk about "insurance", etc and it's no slight to LMJ

Harbaugh: He's a talented player, valuable member of the team

But Harbaugh is going with the hot hand instead.

Sounds like he'll be traded soon. You don't want compliments from Jim. Doubt he's that "valuable," if he's not playing.

The kiss of death from Harbaugh. LMJ should pack his bags now.
Harbaugh on Alex Smith: 'Alex is not out of this ... he is one of our guys'
Harbaugh on LMJ: 'He's a talented player, valuable member of the team"
'LMJ development has been fine. He'll be back playing (with another team). I know the talk about "insurance", etc and it's no slight to LMJ
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
anyone think lmj should stay out of the weight room and become a slot receiver?
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Just stop with the Sproles comments already! James couldn't hold one strap from Sprole's jock. I'm so tired of that comparison. Sproles is an absolute freak athlete and an even better football player. James is NOT EVEN CLOSE!

How would you know? Dude is given next to no opportunity. Yet we have passes thrown to Miller, screens to Dixon, and Kyle Williams returning kicks.

The fact of the matter is that LMJ has not been explosive and does not make eye popping plays. He is limited in what he can do and when his butthole tightens every time a defender gets near him he will never develope. He ran through 10ft wide holes at Oregon and was then able to use open field ability to his advantage. He simply has not transitioned into a change of pace back or a decent returner. It happens to a lot of talented college players.
Originally posted by pete98146:
Trade LMJ and a 3rd rounder for Josh Gordan!

I wish.
why can't we have James and Hunter on the field at the same time???

why can't we run a play like this to James... or those reverse plays we did with Moore yesterday.

Originally posted by Afrikan:
why can't we have James and Hunter on the field at the same time???

why can't we run a play like this to James... or those reverse plays we did with Moore yesterday.

Cuz james aint that good plan N simple ....

Originally posted by tatdwolf49:

Ahh. Gotcha.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Ahh. Gotcha.

kap does a really s**tty job of selling both play actions and screens. Also, our o-line, for its strengths, is not great at running screens.
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:

Ahh. Gotcha.

I detect sarcasm in your voice

Bush isn't the only RB capable of running a screen. James is not as explosive, but would still be really effective if given the ball in space. He's got vision, quick feet, and nifty moves. Stronger than people give him credit for too.
Originally posted by dhp318:
kap does a really s**tty job of selling both play actions and screens. Also, our o-line, for its strengths, is not great at running screens.

We've always been a bad screen team, which confuses me because our O-line is mobile even at their size, and our RBs can catch the ball.
Originally posted by dhp318:
Ahh. Gotcha.

Those are both better answers compared to what tatdwolf put forth.

And I'll keep saying it until the 49ers do or he's no longer on the team: use James like the Bengals use Bernard. He's accounted for almost 20% of the team's total offensive output in terms of yardage (19.8 to be exact) and there's nothing that Bernard can do that James can't. Eerily similar players. For a team whose only explosive player is a tight end who is about 80% right now, it baffles me why they don't even try to incorporate James into the offense and utilize his obvious skill set.
Share 49ersWebzone