There are 96 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

LaMichael James is a Niner

Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
if they didnt want to use him they shouldnt have drafted him. with his limited use i dont think his trade value would be very high either

He is still talented, I just think he is a square peg in a round hole now that we have gone back to power run game. Wish they would design a few special packages for him...work him into a Sproles type role. If we aren't going to use him we should deal him though. Shouldn't let a talented kid rot when you can do better by him and get something for it in the bargain.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
if they didnt want to use him they shouldnt have drafted him. with his limited use i dont think his trade value would be very high either

He is still talented, I just think he is a square peg in a round hole now that we have gone back to power run game. Wish they would design a few special packages for him...work him into a Sproles type role. If we aren't going to use him we should deal him though. Shouldn't let a talented kid rot when you can do better by him and get something for it in the bargain.

they knew he was dangerous in the open field. why dont they ever use him as a receiver, on end arounds, screens and so on? this coaching staff makes some bonehead personnel decisions sometimes
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by matt49er:
IMO I agree he's not a complete back, at the same time, why can't he just be used as a weapon? Find a way to get the man the ball in space, not like this team is bursting with offensive playmakers right now.

that road leads to roman, JH must not want to use him either
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
they knew he was dangerous in the open field. why dont they ever use him as a receiver, on end arounds, screens and so on? this coaching staff makes some bonehead personnel decisions sometimes

james even practiced a end around? kyle w actually seems to be the best person we got doing that. roman is allergic to screen passes and we just need to get used to that
I feel sad for this kid, why we drafted him is beyond me. It's just like the Rams drafting Tavon Austin, picking up a guy just because he is "explosive" but then not utilizing him properly.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
I feel sad for this kid, why we drafted him is beyond me. It's just like the Rams drafting Tavon Austin, picking up a guy just because he is "explosive" but then not utilizing him properly.

all roads eventually lead,, never mind
Originally posted by Allx9er:
another wasted 2nd round pick

Hey hey, Kaep is not a wasted 2nd rd pick.
f**k the coaching staff....I swear it's just personal now.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Oct 13, 2013 at 1:14 PM ]
James hasn't quite been the home run hitter we thought he was coming out of college. I'm still glad we drafted him because he's a good player, and it creates quality competition. Gore is still at the top of his game. Hunter worked like a mad man to come back from his injury. I'm sure he noticed James play well in his place last year, and knew he had to work hard to keep his job. I think James can be effective in a power run scheme, or a zone read scheme. Gore and Hunter are just better than he is.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Oct 13, 2013 at 1:18 PM ]
Entire 2012 draft was a WASTE. The only guy that has shown flashes of promise, we don't even know how to use to his strengths. Just sad. I feel sorry for LaMichael. Niners should just trade him to another team that can use him instead of keeping him here to ride the bench since they obviously don't know how to utilize him to be successful. He DESERVES that. Smfh..
[ Edited by NeonNiner on Oct 13, 2013 at 1:21 PM ]
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Entire 2012 draft was a WASTE. The only guy that has shown flashes of promise, we don't even know how to use to his strengths. Just sad. I feel sorry for LaMichael. Niners should just trade him to another team that can use him instead of keeping him here to ride the bench since they obviously don't know how to utilize him to be successful. He DESERVES that. Smfh..

Not better than the guys in front of him. Just the way it is.
they are gonna trade him at the deadline. bank on it
I just don't understand why we're not utilizing him in other ways?? Gore and Hunter are fantastic but we should still be able to get this guy on the field some way..
Originally posted by SofaKing:
James hasn't quite been the home run hitter we thought he was coming out of college. I'm still glad we drafted him because he's a good player, and it creates quality competition. Gore is still at the top of his game. Hunter worked like a mad man to come back from his injury. I'm sure he noticed James play well in his place last year, and knew he had to work hard to keep his job. I think James can be effective in a power run scheme, or a zone read scheme. Gore and Hunter are just better than he is.

Gore and Hunter are better than James. However, how can anyone say he hasn't been a home run hitter when the guy isn't even allowed a chance at back? Even if he's the 3rd best back, no one can deny his talent. They need to find was to work him into the offense. Get him the ball and let his natural ability take over. I mentioned him getting 5-7 carries again, but I'll settle for 5-7 targets a game, whether they be run plays/end arounds/double reverses, pass plays, etc. Anything.
If we did trade him - what could we realistically get? A 3rd-4th?