There are 99 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

AJ Jenkins is a 49er

Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Receivers take about 3 yrs to develop look at Crabtree lots of people called him a bust

I never thought Crabtree was a bust, but that's just me. He was ready to play immediately after his rookie holdout. Didn't even need training camp. He just showed up and less than a week later he was our #1 receiver. He really broke out when his foot healed completely, and he started playing for a coach who knows a thing or two about offense.

Lmao Crabtree contributed way more his rookie year even with his hold out and it's not even close
You knew Crabtree was gonna be good when he showed up in Houston without tc and preseason with the little sample he showed us with those 5 catches I believe. It was him being healthy and a qb that just allowed him to make plays that got him to play at pro bowl level, damn I'm hoping Jenkins can be legit
Jenkins will have a breakout year this season. Book it.

3 catches 14 yards
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Receivers take about 3 yrs to develop look at Crabtree lots of people called him a bust

I never thought Crabtree was a bust, but that's just me. He was ready to play immediately after his rookie holdout. Didn't even need training camp. He just showed up and less than a week later he was our #1 receiver. He really broke out when his foot healed completely, and he started playing for a coach who knows a thing or two about offense.

Lmao Crabtree contributed way more his rookie year even with his hold out and it's not even close

ya crabs is a bad example to use lol. the only thing that sucked about crabs was that he didnt practice in training camp a couple years and slapped balls up in the air for picks too often.
I don't know anymore than anyone else. But baalke has taken some weird picks, all way better than what I wanted, and Kap and Aldon are but two of them. Never doubt baalke's ability to get blood out of a turnip. The other obvious thing we all overlook, is for whatever research we have done...ok, some of us do none...nobody looks at as much film as baalke, and somebody out there scouting college guys knows his business. Hey, maybe AJ catches fire and becomes all pro. Yeah, odds are he won't, but is it he can't learn plays, can't run routes, has stone hands....or a combo of all the above? I know one thing. For baalke to go AJ for #1, even tho the 30th pick in first rd, I trust baalke to have done the right thing. We just have to see how it plays out. Of the above, not being able to learn plays and routes would be the biggest worry for me. The kid has to have good hands, or trent wouldn't have picked him. Curious thing what is the problem?
AJ's problem is his lack of strength. He's too weak right now. If he ever gets sterdier & stronger, which i assume is is and will, maybe he can become a nice #3 or #2 in the Future but so far looks like a wasted pick
AJ just needs to work on the level of say, a Marvin Harrison

Look at our receiving core when Crabtree was a rookie.

Look at it again when AJ Jenkins was a rookie.

Still, not excuse AJ couldn't see more playing time. Our WR core still isn't that great. Not in the least bit.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

Aj Jenkins was behind an old Moss, Constantly injured Manningham, KW, and Ginn. KW and Manningham got injured. That left Moss and Ginn ahead of him, and then they even favored Hall instead of him. Crabtree of course was #1, but still we desperately needed a #2, and #3 WR at the end of the season.

You cant really say that Moss and Ginn as 2/3 is much better than Morgan, and Bruce, as 2/3 and Crabtree came right in and was far and away the #1 WR.
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Look at our receiving core when Crabtree was a rookie.

Look at it again when AJ Jenkins was a rookie.

Still, not excuse AJ couldn't see more playing time. Our WR core still isn't that great. Not in the least bit.

I agree but also recall Crabtree competing with a washed up Bruce (21 catches, 264 yards), Morgan (52, 527), Battle (5, 40), Hill (9, 90), Jones (1, 18), and Spurlock (0, 0). Not exactly comparable to Manningham, Moss, Crabtree and Williams...who don't inspire much either! The amazing thing to me was that they brought a guy in off the street to play ahead of Jenkins. That was really incredible. Slow learner? Doghouse? We will see this preseason.

Crabtree was much more NFL ready coming in and has a style of play that is very effective...MC was drafted at the top of the draft for a reason.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Mar 22, 2013 at 7:09 AM ]
Remember when =

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000051876/A-J-Jenkins-finds-one-for-32-yards

and

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000056943/Jenkins-12-yard-touchdown-catch

or even this high praise =

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Notebook-AJ-Jenkins-Breaks-Out/9fa318b2-c3c2-4aa7-ba11-93a5f26672cd

"The way he played on Thursday night, Jenkins will have many fond memories to look back on when his career is over"

Lets hope that's not his ONLY memory of hitting pay dirt. I know it was just against crap preseason competition, but he did show SOMETHING last summer. I really cant wrap my head around him getting 0 catches last year after Manningham and Williams went down. Something doesn't add up.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Jenkins will have a breakout year this season. Book it.

3 catches 14 yards

Jenkins is a bust. Take that to the bank and borrow off of it at 3.14% APR
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

I know, I know. Without the shooting of course, but this dude was of comparable size and physical attributes and he was one of the games all-time greatest and a route running technician
Hope this kid is really working hard to get stronger and better this off-season. Hopefully he can get on the same page as Kaepernick early in OTA's.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home