There are 261 users in the forums

AJ Jenkins is a 49er

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
No AJ? This GM is clueless. Baalke sucks. Harbaugh doesn't even know what he's doing. They are ruining this team....What a wasted pick..

Baalke did good job that draft A.Smith "#99".. he is work hard and study a lot.. You need be patience for AJ to keep process times.. The 49ers offense is having good plenty time and good team.. Don't worry it. bro..

My BuZzB doot! Been where at you?!

I just check around here sometimebut i alway watch the 49ers on each sunday night.. can't wait..

same here!

Yeah dude bro..
AJ seems undersize and slow based on what I have seen. But yes, the jury still out so give it time. He will get playing time next year but this year I doubt it, unless manningham is put on IR.
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Originally posted by susweel:
if Jenkins is not stepping up right now is it a valid concern to think he was a bad draft pick ?

I wouldnt be, considering that we dont even use VD anymore. Crabtree, Manningham and Delanie are the only ones that see balls right now. Dont know why its just the way it is. I cant remember which Matt it was but after they reviewed the film they said Jenkins was getting open

I think theyre keeping VD out of the spotlight to be unleashed on everyone in the playoffs. harbaughs a tricky son of a b***h, im sure he has a plan for VD
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
reminds me of Woods

They aren't similar in any way except that they are both black and play WR. Otherwise no other comparison could be made between them both positive or negative. We have not seen enough of AJ to determine whether or not he is a bust or a future pro-bowler. Give it some time.
bad baalke.
3 tds for aj sunday night. I just saw my buddys copy of the game. That kid has wheels!
copy of what game?
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
copy of what game?

last years illinois cop chase
Next man up!!!!

AJ?

Crickets...

Who??

AJ will light it up.
If Jenkins isn't activated and doesn't get a fair amount of playing time, that's a very bad omen for a first round pick. The fact that he hasn't even been dressed for the majority of the season doesn't bode well, but at this point, it's now or never!
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
AJ seems undersize and slow based on what I have seen. But yes, the jury still out so give it time. He will get playing time next year but this year I doubt it, unless manningham is put on IR.

Undersize yes, slow no, runs a 4.3 bahah like to see your run that... Really I think Jim and Blaake wanted him to bulk up but at the moment he's going to be forced to start ready or not also I remember correct him and kap look really good togather in the preseason.
Obviously, I'm really hoping that AJ Jenkins, like LeMichael James, will show us that being inactive doesn't mean he's not a good player.

But I have to say, I will be holding him to a very high standard. The two WRs that I really wanted us to draft were Ruben Randle and Mohamed Sanu. Both of whom were still on the board when we took AJ and both of them have looked great so far this season. So if Jenkins does not perform at that level it will be very frustrating.

I also wrote in several predraft threads that I thought the 9ers should carry 7 WRs this year. I know it sounded crazy, but I felt like injuries always happen at that position every year. And until we have 2 or 3 WRs we can absolutely count on we need to just commit roster spots to guys with potential and hope that by the end of the year we have a solid group of 3 that we can go forward with.

But now, here we are, with Crabtree still our only dependable WR (this year and going forward), and Jenkins the only player on the team who could become one.

So I hope you step up, Jenkins. Cause now is the time to prove you were worth your draft position.
"Wide receiver is a skill. It takes so much time and there are so many things you have to learn. It takes three to five years to understand the position."

- Cris Carter
Share 49ersWebzone