LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 181 users in the forums

Anyone ever sent anything to 49ers HQ to get autographed?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
This was a really great story from a few days ago: a kid in elementary school gathered donations from his classmates for the new stadium and sent a letter to the 49ers telling them he felt sorry about how the season ended. A couple days later Bruce Miller shows up with a few surprises -

http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/Bruce-Miller-Visits-St-Johns-School/094970ff-87c6-47c2-ad66-59c07f22cce2

Watched that the other day. This organization is a total class act. I watch all the videos and it's nice to see so many with the team helping out in the community. By the way that video was awesome... the joy on the kids face was priceless.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
This was a really great story from a few days ago: a kid in elementary school gathered donations from his classmates for the new stadium and sent a letter to the 49ers telling them he felt sorry about how the season ended. A couple days later Bruce Miller shows up with a few surprises -

http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/Bruce-Miller-Visits-St-Johns-School/094970ff-87c6-47c2-ad66-59c07f22cce2

Watched that the other day. This organization is a total class act. I watch all the videos and it's nice to see so many with the team helping out in the community. By the way that video was awesome... the joy on the kids face was priceless.

Jed is light years ahead of his father
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by susweel:
Im somewhere in the middle of that.
My youjngest daughter grew up in the steve young era, the oldest in the joe montana era so it used to be and still can be quite the civil war! with interstate 35 in iowa being the mason dixon line since they live on opposite sides of it now!

So how did you become a Niner fan living in Iowa ?

There are alot of US here in Iowa. Run into them all the time. What they (the Iowans) can't figure out is how a kid from Wisconsin became a Niners fan (moved here in 2009). Just shows ya Niner Nation is everywhere!

my parents are military and we are all huge niner fans... been to iowa washington north carolina and now in tennessee. we were always the only niners fans when we moved in but half my friends were part of niner nation by the time we moved out! (granted i only had one year to convince them but most of them all you have to do is show them the catch )
I totally forgot about this thread (no kidding, eh?)! Wow, those were some great stories, too bad no one had an address for me, but I am going to try something and see what happens (I'll let ya'll know if it works and post a picture of what I get back).

As for burning the magazine because it "killed our mojo"...

Originally posted by cciowa:
in 1973 i sent a letter to the niners saying how much of a fan i was at age 13, They sent me a very nice color team picture , (I gave it my daughter a few years back cuz she is a huge fan at age 25, she freaked out when she saw steve spurrier cuz she hates him). they sent me two nice stickers and a banner.The banner colors were red and yellow!Not sure if you can get that type of response nowadays but for a stupid 13 year old in iowa, it was a pretty big deal

Hey I remember that, getting those to, I mean the triangle flag banner and some bumper stickers. Can't remember if there was a picture.

I think especially if you are a kid. They will do that. However, you can't expect them to give an original signed picture or card as those are valuable and time consuming for the player.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
In 1990 or 1991 I sent Joe Montana a card and letter telling him how bad I wanted him to come back, he was my hero, hope he healed fast and all that kid crap. He sent me back the card autographed and a hand written letter but my dumbass took the letter to show all my friends and I "lost" it. I still have the card though.
I sent a letter and a football card to steve young when I was 10-11. I never got anything back. I believe I sent it to the HQ.
i wrote to jerry and sent a football card. got the card back but a signed glossy and letter. the letter head had the 5 superbowl trophies on it and they were raised off the paper which was pretty awesome. if i recall it actually took about 2-3 years to get this back after writing the letter. i just assumed i was never getting anything back.
I've never sent anything to the HQ to be signed, but did get a personal note from Mike Nolan a few years back. I sent an e-mail to a Ron -something, after his radio show about Coach Nolan and his small entourage visiting our troops in Afghanistan. Ron passed on my e-mail to Coach & Eric Davis...congratulating them on supporting our troops and wishing Coach well for the upcoming season. Anyway, I got a personal note from him thanking me for my service (23 1/2 years active duty AF), lauding our troops and for supporting the team for many years. It came out of the blue and was really cool...especially since I got it on my birthday. I still have it and will probably frame it.
I used to send in things all the time as a kid. Not just to the 49ers but to a ton of players of all different sports.

Best tips I can offer you is, include a self addressed-stamped envelope and a pen. Make things as easy as possible for the players. You will get some back, and you will never hear from some. Thats one thing you have to expect (you might never see what you sent again). But there are a lot of superstar players that I got things back from (Jerry Rice, Steve Young, Bryant Young, Shaq, Chris Mullin, Tim Hardaway, Penny Hardaway, Greg Maddux, Ken Griffey Jr), but there were a ton who stiffed me as well.

Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you dont. Good luck!

It used to be pretty common back in the '70s to send letters to a team HQ telling them that you were a fan, and ask them to send you something. It seemed to work better if you were out of the area, say in SF and would write to the Dolphins and tell them that you were a fan, but couldn't get anything with their logo on it because they were so far away (you have to remember that it was a different era...no internet, very few sports related stores, etc.). My buddy got tons of stuff that way for free...team pennants, team photos, bumper stickers, etc.

For the 49ers, my son sent a fan letter to Steve Young back in the 90's in care of the team headquarters...he didn't ask for anything. About two months later Young sent him a personalized autographed picture which I thought was cool.
I sent a Kyle Williams rookie card a couple weeks ago. I got a letter back from the New York Giants exclaiming that Kyle does not actually play for the team, but they would re-direct my package to the San Francisco 49ers. The 49ers then sent me a letter saying that Kyle did indeed receive the rookie card, but fumbled it into the locker room drain.
Mean story, bro...

I want to try contacting their Marketing director (or something similar...the title escapes me for the moment) or something like that and see if that person could get those 4 players to sign my magazine, so I hope I at least get my magazine back. I think I should do it before training camp, but I will talk to someone over there to see if I can get some advice from them (or if you guys still want to keep sharing your great stories, then by all means).
Originally posted by 49erFanInTX83:
Mean story, bro...

LOL
Share 49ersWebzone