LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 299 users in the forums

2012 Record Prediction

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Week 1 @Green Bay - BIG Statement WIN. Put the league on notice against a Packer team suddenly second guessing themselves after epic fail last year. (W)

Week 2 vs. DET - Sunday Night Massacre. The Lions always get spanked in San Francisco, and will again here in the home opener. (W)

Week 3 @MIN - Gore and Hunter go wild. Defense does their thing. Expect a slow burn kill similar to the CIN/CLE/WSH games last year. (W)

Week 4 @NYJ - See Week 3 (W)

Week 5 vs. BUF - This one will be edgy. Bills will be .500 at best, and the Niners riding high on a 4 game win streak. Bills knock a little sense back into us. Might be a shootout. I'll give the edge to Akers in the clinch. (W)

Week 6 vs. NYG - We beat them the same way we beat them last November. Regular season Giants not so scary. Question remains, can we beat them in January if we meet again? (W)

Week 7 vs. SEA - Seahawks in turmoil after the Flynn experiment fails. It's back to Tavaris on TNF who lights a spark, but ultimately snatches defeat from the jaws of victory as usual. Closer than you'd think. (W)

Week 8 @ARI - Trap game. Monday Night. Tard dome will be fired up. I can see them catching us asleep again. (L)

Week 9 vs. Bye - Harbaugh yells at everyone. Plans to unleash frustrations on next team.

Week 10 vs. STL - Frustrations unleashed. (W)

Week 11 vs. CHI - This one will pan out like the Steelers MNF last year. Hard and physical. In the end we make the big plays, and Cutler keeps eating grass. (W)

Week 12 @NO - This is the one Harbaugh and Roman have been secretly game planning since the end of the last encounter. They know they will need some fireworks to pull this off. Smith (who really does throw a decent deep ball) finally has a deep threat in Moss capable of running and catching. Opening drive bomb TD sets the tone. Think SF@DAL in 1995. Remember that? Grbac to Jerry? Yep. It's all downhill for Vitt's vaginas from there. (W)

Week 13 @STL - Harbaugh takes this opportunity to run all the plays they missed in the NO game. Might see some goofy maneuvers being practiced for the playoffs, but it's all good because the Rams offense can barely cross the 50. (W)

Week 14 vs. MIA - Trap game. Guys are a little tired from the road trip. They wake up in the 4th quarter and take care of business. Comeback win. Think CIN@SF, 1996. (W)

Week 15 @NE - Pats get their big win on national tv. That's fine. Whatever. We know they can't win on the road so no biggie. (L)

Week 16 @SEA - Demoralized Seahawks team at the end of a setback year gets slaughtered in front of their idiot fans. Carroll might be gone by this point. Flynn will be on IR with something stupid. Tavaris does what he does best. (W)

Week 17 vs. ARI - Tards hoping to play spoiler to the 49ers' playoff positioning, but its a futile effort. A 1st half full of fireworks ends it early. Starters rest 2nd half. (W)

14-2, all the way to New Orleans. Ring number six. No 4th quarter dramatics in this playoff run. Dominance to the end. Just like it used to be. The world is right once again.

The only thing I disagree with is the patriots game. i don't think their defense can stop our methodical offense. We'll wear them down with our run game and then pound the rock down their throats!
Originally posted by Juggernaut49erFan:
The only thing I disagree with is the patriots game. i don't think their defense can stop our methodical offense. We'll wear them down with our run game and then pound the rock down their throats!

were going to be passing a lot more next year
10-6
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
More nice stuff from NFL.com, saying we were able to get by last year with Alex at QB, but won't in 2012, basically a pretender. Usual crap from media, if you aren't a big city, or have a franchise QB you get s**t on.

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/09000d5d82861c85/2012-nfl-season-predictions?module=HP11_content_stream#photo=29

Pretenders or contenders II

If the 49ers are going to take the next step after losing in last year's NFC Championship Game, they will face a stiff challenge in the first two weeks, going up against the Packers and Lions. But think about this: The Packers have Aaron Rodgers and the Lions have Matthew Stafford. The 49ers have Alex Smith. Which of these things are not like the other? The 49ers got away with it last year, but won't this season.

LOL, they are like robots AB. Apparently, that guy doesn't know that the NFL is the greatest TEAM game there is. People think when a team plays it is only about the two QBs... So to that guy.... which of these is not like the other: Packers defense, Lions defense, 49ers defense?

F*** that guy.

Someone should remind him that the GOAT QB, #16 and #19 only won 4 superbowls of the 16 seasons he played.

And Steve only won 1.
Week 1 @Green Bay - D- picks up where they left off last year, offense shows a more diverse attack with Alex showing greater confidence and decisiveness, Special Teams is even better, with draft picks and reserve FAs proving their worth on ST GB defense continues to struggle and Aaron Rodgers never finds his rhythm (W)

Week 2 vs. DET - Culliver continues to keep Megatron in check, offense starts to look unstopable. Special Teams just keeps winningf the field position game, but Akers realizes that his FG record will be safe for a long time with the new offensive weapons. (W)

Week 3 @MIN -Once again the offense excells. This time the defense overwhelms the Vikings with sacks and turnovers. The run defense is #1 in the league; giving up just 40 ypg. (W)

Week 4 @NYJ - After a week of practicein Youngstown the passing game hits on all cylindersand the Jets wish that they hadn't traded Samuels. The defense experiments with new formations that rotate the whole group of linebackers and Safeties onto the field, confusing Sanchez with exotic coveage and blitz schemes. Tebow comes in in relief, but is sacked 6 times in the 4th quarter. Special Teams continue to dominate field position. (W)

Week 5 vs. BUF - Buffalo shows up strong in the first half, but the 9ers settle down in the second half. Tedd Ginn wins the game with a big return in the 4th quarter 9ers struggle in the field position and turnover departments. (W)

Week 6 vs. NYG - Niners play a very consistant game of ball control, going up early and continuing to expand their lead throughout the game. Alex has a comfortable pocket to work from, but a running game challenging every inch of the Giants line wears them down as the game goes on. Kendall Hunter runs for more than 100 yards. Brandon Jacobs scores 2 touchdowns. (W)

Week 7 vs. SEA - Seahawks have started strong this season, but the niners continue to grind it out on the ground and Walker catches 2 clutch touchdown run and catches over the middle for long yardage. (W)

Week 8 @ARI - Zona comes in undefeated as well for a big midseason divisional showdown. Kolb is sacked 4 times at the beginning of the second half and he starts creating turnovers as his confidence is shaken. Randy Moss has a career game and Kendall hunter is once again the 49ers leading rusher (averaging over 12 yards per carry) (W)

Week 9 vs. Bye - Team captains organize unnoficial practices back in Youngstown where Jed, John, Denise and Eddie volubnteer for a family unification dunking booth. The ghost of Bill Walsh is seen in the hotel Lobby wearing a Bell Hop uniform,

Week 10 vs. STL - 9ers win most lopsuided game in Franchise history. The Rams have no answers. (W)

Week 11 vs. CHI - The Bears defense plays posessed and Brandon Marshall shows up weaknesses in the 9ers pass defense. The niners play a close game, but turnovers win the day for Chicago. Field position goes back and forth all game as the Special Teams unit is equally matched for the first time all season (L)

Week 12 @NO - The 49ers dispell the majic of the New Orleans home field advantage. No Alex Smith heroics are required as the 49ers assert their will in all three phases of the game. No one is surprised as the Saints enter the game in organizational freefall with a 3-7 record (W)

Week 13 @STL - The Saints look like a new team at home. After starting out slow they are surging late and catch the 49ers in a trap game.. (L)

Week 14 vs. MIA - Niners appear to be realing from prior week's loss to the Rams. Special Teams heroics and a late turnover are required for the 9ers to pull it out in the last 5 minutes. Thhe defense finally locks down to preserve the victory in the 4th. (W)

Week 15 @NE - A big primetime game that lives up to the hype. Midway through the 3rd quarter the 9ers coaches start to win the strategic battles by inches as they take over the game and simply look like a better conditioned team as the game wears on. (W)

Week 16 @SEA - Seahawks have a strong year as the NFC west rises out of the cellar, but the 49ers start warming up to playoff form in what starts out as a close game, but the 49ers once again look to be in better shape than their opponents. Special teams show up big in the 4th quarter--repeatedly demoralizing a Seahawks team desperate to show they belong in the playoffs(W)

Week 17 vs. ARI - 9ers already have a home game in the playoffs, but lose with many starters sitting and lose homefield for the playoffs to the Eagles with a late season letdown. Harbough tries to reinsert starters late to pull out a win, with two reinserted starters pulling hamstrings heading into the playofdfs. These are not the .first significant injuries to starters this season, but back up players are showing just how deep the team is after another great off season(L)

14-2, 9ers just dominate in the playoffs on the way to superbowl victory #7
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Lol the optimism this season is nice, but a little absurd
Originally posted by Janitor:

Whos got it better than us?
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by sfniner:

Whos got it better than us?

nobody, but that doesn't mean we'll win every game. I just expect us to win every playoff game.
nobody, but that doesn't mean we'll win every game. I just expect us to win every playoff game.

i see us going 11-5 to 12--4

lions packers (away) saints (away) patriots (away) and giants and bears all are hard games

i say we win at least 2 so ill say 2-3 out of the hard games
i think we win vikings both rams games jets miami and buffalo (wont have the offense to keep up although they do have a great D) for sure

then seattle and arizona i say at worst we split them both or get total of 2/4 wins

i see no worse than 10-6
15-1

13-3
10-6
10-6
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

true, but you can pound it down the pats' throats too
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

true, but you can pound it down the pats' throats too

s**t looking back i completely missread his post

anyway dont the pats actually have a pretty good run D? and they just got hightower as well that can only improve their run D any more

they still have a weak secondary thats where we should atack them
Share 49ersWebzone