There are 429 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Frank Gore HOF material?

Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:

he's seducing me with his eyes
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by SFsFinest:
Frank's a tough player to judge in that he's only had one big statistical season (1,596 yards - I think). However, he's consistently put up 1000 plus yard seasons and has an outstanding career average. He is the definition of a "work horse" running back. He was born with a blue collar. I'm not a baseball guy, but I think of a player like Cal Ripken. Not flashy, but insanely reliable and good at everything. Oh yeah, did I mention Frank is probably the most clutch player we've had on the Niners since Joe and Jerry?

his best season was 1,695 yards with a 5.6 average in 2006. He also put up 485 yards receiving that year. 2,180 all purpose yards in 2006. He has also been WAYYYY under utilized in the passing game the last three years as well. Before that he was good for 400+ receiving year in and out.
Thanks for the correction on yards. I don't know how that slipped my mind. What a beast of a season that was. I remember every game I wondered how many 20 yard plus runs he would have. He was impossible to tackle.
Originally posted by SFsFinest:
No way Frank is here after the next season, unless he's willing to take a major pay cut. And I mean major. Of course, I probably would of said the same thing two years ago.

This could be true. He could end up playing for another team after next season for a season or two, like LT or Emmit Smith. Never the less, 12,000+ yards is 12,000+ yards. If he is elected into the HOF he'll go in as a 49er!
[ Edited by Olejohnnyboy on Dec 27, 2013 at 9:48 PM ]
Originally posted by Olejohnnyboy:
This could be true. He could end up playing for another team after next season for a season or two, like LT or Emmit Smith. Never the less, 12,000+ yards is 12,000+ yards. If he is elected into the HOF he'll go in as a 49er!

I don't want to live in a world where Frank Gore isn't a 49er
Originally posted by swayze:
I don't want to live in a world where Frank Gore isn't a 49er

More than any other player on the team.
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Originally posted by dhp318:
I'm not even sure he's been the best runner in the division the last few seasons.

I love Frank enough to buy an autographed helmet and he is everything you want in a football player but I agree with your statement. Its Lynch hands down.

Marshawn's only had three blockbuster seasons with the Hawks and two decent ones with Buffalo.

Frank has gone over 1,000 yards seven times.

Frank's body of work > Lynch's body of work
Yes he is HOF materiel
Hey if Curtis Martin is a Hall of famer why not Gore?
If he get's a superbowl he's a lock. He's the most prolific runner in our teams history. Hugh Mccleheny and Joe Perry are both in and Frank has out done them both in the "Passing" era of football and alot of those yards on very bad teams. He's been the nucleus of our resurgence leading the team to the NFC Championship and Superbowl. If we had put it in Frank's hands last year we win. Everything in my being tells me that. He just needs the ring to complete his resume.
Originally posted by Rollininers:
Hey if Curtis Martin is a Hall of famer why not Gore?

Martin played more years, had more rec and rushing yards, and TD's. I think he set a record for consecutive 1000 rushing yards seasons.
Originally posted by VA49er:
If he get's a superbowl he's a lock. He's the most prolific runner in our teams history. Hugh Mccleheny and Joe Perry are both in and Frank has out done them both in the "Passing" era of football and alot of those yards on very bad teams. He's been the nucleus of our resurgence leading the team to the NFC Championship and Superbowl. If we had put it in Frank's hands last year we win. Everything in my being tells me that. He just needs the ring to complete his resume.

and frank has never been a cocky guy, hes been THE team player. the hall voters look at character too and I dont think there is another player in the nfl with more heart than gore. hes unselfish, dedicated and a stud on the field. I think he will get voted in because he is what every football player should strive to be and a good ambassador of the game
Reading through this topic is pretty hilarious.

The first mass if posts back in April 2012 has a lot of "No" answers. Now, in December 2013, a lot of people are saying "Yes."

Quite a bit changes in under two years. But hey, that's the magic of football!
On his rushing Yards alone probalby not, yet on his complete body of work, his value in pass protection definetly.
Gore will be in the HOF no doubt.
I have been watching football for almost 40 years, and there is no doubt in my mind that he deserves to be in the HOF. That said, it is a numbers game,and at thispointhis aren't good enough. Still, he is more talented than half the backs in there already. Heis one of the best hole picking, one cut runners I have ever seen.