There are 148 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Frank Gore HOF material?

Originally posted by Rollininers:
Hey if Curtis Martin is a Hall of famer why not Gore?

Martin had 10 1000 plus yard season in a row had over 14,ooo yards running and over 17,ooo total yards with 100 total TD's. That is hall of fame numbers for sure hell he had a 100 plus total yard per game average for his career. I fyou want to compare pull Earl Campbell"s average numbers.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Yes, he's a Niner... that should be enough to get him in!

Gore's 4.1 yards-per-carry average is the lowest of his career.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/12/navorro-bowman-finished-fifth-in.html#storylink=cpy

Crazy to think about, because 4.1 YPC is still a very good number. Just a great player.
Originally posted by JeuSF49:
On his rushing Yards alone probalby not, yet on his complete body of work, his value in pass protection definetly.

Too bad they don't look at pass protection as a key.

Personally I don't think he makes it. He is a stud given what he's endured, but the stats aren't just there.
  • nj9er
  • Veteran
After watching last few games. I think he needs a ring to get in. He has been the most consistent and most underrated back in this league for a long time. He was on a lot of bad teams in his prime but is a true warrior. He deserves a hall nod for his all around play. Most heart I've seen in a player since Young. The only thing keeping him back is his finishing speed.
Originally posted by nj9er:
After watching last few games. I think he needs a ring to get in. He has been the most consistent and most underrated back in this league for a long time. He was on a lot of bad teams in his prime but is a true warrior. He deserves a hall nod for his all around play. Most heart I've seen in a player since Young. The only thing keeping him back is his finishing speed.

Yea just gonna say that. He will need numbers like Bettis who hasn't gotten in yet.
I checked the list of 10,000 yard rushers and there are quite a few "good players, not HOF material" kind of guys, like Corey Dillon, Thomas Jones, Ricky William, etc. Looks like the magic number is 12,000, everyone that reached that number is in, so if Frank can get to that number, I say he's in. (a ring wouldn't hurt either)