LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 171 users in the forums

Frank Gore HOF material?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Ok niners I have a question. When we win a superbowl before Frank Gore retires(which I believe we will), is Gore hall of fame worthy? My answer is an absolute yes!!! What are your thoughts on this topic.
No. I love Frank as a Niner. One of the best runner in recent Niner history. But he's not HOF level, although the HOF has inducted debatable players.
I remember 2 years ago i put up a thread about this. Most people thought that he wasn't but I say he has a good chance now if he gets a couple of rings.
Frank is great Niner. He is not a hall of famer. He only has couple years left in the tank and just over 7600 total rushing yards.
In the current era he'd need to get to 12,000 + for consideration in my mind. He's not gonna make it. I hope we get Frank
a SuperBowl ring though. He deserves it.
I hope that Gore can get 10,000 yards and a ring but I doubt that would be enough for HOF. He's #1 in my heart though
No.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Nope

Good RB yes, HOF no
If he has 2-3 more 1,000 yard seasons with a super bowl, then he may.

I dont see that happening though. Dude is getting older and more injured every year.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
I remember 2 years ago i put up a thread about this. Most people thought that he wasn't but I say he has a good chance now if he gets a couple of rings.

So all we have to do is win the Super Bowl 2 out of the next 3 years...
I'm not even sure he's been the best runner in the division the last few seasons.

Originally posted by dhp318:
I'm not even sure he's been the best runner in the division the last few seasons.

Didn't he have more rushing yards then anyone in the division?

He would have done the same last year if not for the fracture hip injury.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by dhp318:

Didn't he have more rushing yards then anyone in the division?

He would have done the same last year if not for the fracture hip injury.

Yes he did. And 2010 he had 100 more than Lynch that year as well in 1 less game played (Gore's 11 to Lynch's 12 games). Gore > Lynch
Double post ftl
[ Edited by monsterzero789 on Apr 15, 2012 at 10:25 AM ]
Triple post ftl
[ Edited by monsterzero789 on Apr 15, 2012 at 10:22 AM ]
Oops
Share 49ersWebzone