Bowe: 58 rec 739 yards 1 td
and thats the point i was making

if he actually had some work ethic during the offseason he will be a good WR

Being hurt kinda hurts your ability to workout

Thissss
  • kush
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DirtyP:
The Crabtree hatred around here is just ridiculous. Are you guys really that butt hurt that he held out as a rookie? That he hasn't been healthy during the preseason? Give it a rest already. He is one of the most liked guys in the locker room, has received effusive praise from anyone who matters and has been our leading receiver since the moment he stepped on the field. If Alex Smith gets 7 years of chances when he showed absolutely nothing through a majority of his early career then why can't we afford Crabtree the same? Is it not possible that he has not fully emerged?

If a guy like Anquan Boldin had a young Alex Smith throwing to him through the first 4 years of his career here would probably have around the same numbers, and the same know-it-alls around here would be saying "Boldin doesn't have the speed to separate" or "Boldin can't get open against double coverage" or "Boldin will never be an impact receiver". Does that mean he has any less ability as a player? No. Does a receiver have to be able to blow by guys to be effective? Absolutely not.

Nice post, I agree.
Originally posted by kush:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Last 11 games of 2011 regular season:

Crabtree: 61 rec 742 yards 4 TDs
S. Smith: 52 rec 782 yards 4 TDs

Thissss

VD called him out on his work ethic specifically in practice though

Thats an assumption
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Thats an assumption
crabtree is off to a good start and that is good enough for me. he is healthy, he is making nice grabs , i also like the fact he and ginn are following moss around trying to learn from a hall of famer.If vd said anything about crabs it was last year. I agree with dirtyp. non story
I hold out hope that Crab can continue to improve but I think much of that improvement will come from the fact that Moss is lining up opposite side.

Never a good thing when you're relying on others to take the focus off yourself.

Nevertheless, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and see what he can do with a full offseason under his belt.
  • kush
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Last 11 games of 2011 regular season:

Crabtree: 61 rec 742 yards 4 TDs
S. Smith: 52 rec 782 yards 4 TDs

Thissss

Was that before or after Dr. Davis performed a checkup/X-ray on Crabs?
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
I don't take anyone who says Michael Crabtree lacks work ethic very seriously at all. The ones that say this base their entire conclusion on that wacky mid-season scuffle he had with VD that the media blew completely out of proportion. Besides that, there is absolutely zero evidence that a person can point to to claim Crabtree lacks work ethic. Nevermind the fact that every single teammate/coach who has been asked about him have all spoken positively about just how much effort he puts in on a weekly basis. I really don't understand the dislike. The kid is all smiles, always seems to be enjoying himself out there and works his tail off but somehow fans don't see this.. Imagine what it would be like knowing you worked hard at your job and people speculated otherwise based off a argument you had with a co-worker at lunch....lol For all intents and purposes, if you have more than 1000 posts on a football message board, maybe Michael Crabtree should question YOUR work ethic....

way after this was when he was missing preseason games

edit: and to be clear davis didnt call him out on not playing preseason but rather fact he wasnt practicing
[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on May 24, 2012 at 6:15 PM ]
Originally posted by cciowa:
crabtree is off to a good start and that is good enough for me. he is healthy, he is making nice grabs , i also like the fact he and ginn are following moss around trying to learn from a hall of famer.If vd said anything about crabs it was last year. I agree with dirtyp. non story

I'm here too. I don't love Crabtree... don't hate him. Just glad he is finally working with the team early on and seems plugged in.

All the other crap is behind us.

edit: and to be clear davis didnt call him out on not playing preseason but rather fact he wasnt practicing

good thing it wasn't one year earlier. Davis would have punched him. lol.
have any of you looked at his stats the last 11 games?

he couldn't crack 55 yards against a good team....he beat up on s**tty nfc west teams for 5 games
  • kush
  • Veteran

Lol "fact"
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:

he couldn't crack 55 yards against a good team....he beat up on s**tty nfc west teams for 5 games

Lol picked a pretty convenient number to make your point didn't you? 54 yards against Baltimore, 54 against Cleveland (who has Joe Haden), 77 against Detroit and 85 against Seattle, who is known to have a pretty good secondary.
Originally posted by Ether:
Originally posted by jreff22:

Lol picked a pretty convenient number to make your point didn't you? 54 yards against Baltimore, 54 against Cleveland (who has Joe Haden), 77 against Detroit and 85 against Seattle, who is known to have a pretty good secondary.

Detroit has a weak secondary and Sea has meh cb's and my point still stands...he hasn't beat a strong team like VD has done. 50 yards is all he can do....its weak and not worth the pay check