There are 137 users in the forums

Will Crabtree ever be this good?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DirtyP:
http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-san-francisco-niners/niners-talk/Harbaugh-Crabtree-has-best-hands-Ive-eve?blockID=710336&feedID=5936

Haters, hate away

And Alex was the teams starter going forward.....cough Manning cough
Originally posted by jreff22:

Had he stated "Alex Smith has the best arm I have ever seen in a player", that would be a valid point
http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-san-francisco-niners/niners-talk/Harbaugh-Crabtree-has-best-hands-Ive-eve?blockID=710336&feedID=5936

Haters, hate away

This is good, he's giving Crabtree the "Alex Treatment"

Shower him with praise, say he's pro-bowl caliber....then watch him improve from last season
[ Edited by DonJulio on May 18, 2012 at 4:31 PM ]

Haters, hate away
Well, of course JH is gonna say that about a guy on his roster who was a top 10 pick. Don't mean he actually believes it. But make no mistake about it, this is a put-up-or-shut-up year for Crabs.
I'm tellin you guys, Crabs is gonna go ape s**t this year.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Well, of course JH is gonna say that about a guy on his roster who was a top 10 pick. Don't mean he actually believes it. But make no mistake about it, this is a put-up-or-shut-up year for Crabs.

The roster is full of top ten picks. He has never stated anything close to similar about any other player. Nor has Harbaugh ever given anyone a reason to take him less than sincere.

Had he stated "Alex Smith has the best arm I have ever seen in a player", that would be a valid point

Calling a player pro bowl worthy and having him be part of the coach of the year ceremony is pretty big

Haters, hate away

So you are basically saying Harbaugh thinks someone else on WR squad has better hands, but he decided to say this about Crabtree instead? That doesn't make much sense IMO.
Originally posted by djfullshred:

Haters, hate away

So you are basically saying Harbaugh thinks someone else on WR squad has better hands, but he decided to say this about Crabtree instead? That doesn't make much sense IMO.

Moss will be in the HOF....Crabs not so much
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
I'm tellin you guys, Crabs is gonna go ape s**t this year.

I've been saying this for months now based on his performance over the last half of the regular season.

He's the most familiar with the offense of all the potential starting WRs. He's been catching passes from Smith longer than any other WR. He was Smith's favorite target over the last half of the season. He was still recovering from his broken foot during the first half of the season.

Obviously things are a bit different this season, so we'll see how things go with the new additions on offense. For Crabtree to truly go "ape s**t" coach is gonna have to call more pass plays.

Haters, hate away

Hell if I know what young players will eventually be in the HOF, but that really wasn't the point of the article. Harbaugh said he has the best hands. I'm going to give the head coach benefit of the doubt he is not a bold faced liar about this kind of thing, unlike some posters here suggest he is.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

Crabtree is still young. You assume too much too soon.

Haters, hate away

Hell if I know what young players will eventually be in the HOF, but that really wasn't the point of the article. Harbaugh said he has the best hands. I'm going to give the head coach benefit of the doubt he is not a bold faced liar about this kind of thing, unlike some posters here suggest he is.

its coachspeak

Doesn't mean Harbaugh can't come to his own conclusion on who has the best natural hands he's ever seen.

Thanks for responding to the haters call to arms

Haters, hate away

its coachspeak

Believe what you want. But I have to agree with Maiocco on his obervations with how Harbaugh typically handles team business in front of the media...

Harbaugh did not say Crabtree was the best receiver he has ever seen -- only that he has the best hands.

Harbaugh is a coach who usually provides lectures to media members when he's asked to compare players. He'll typically explain why he does not make comparisons.

But in this case, Harbaugh felt compelled to compare Crabtree with every receiver he's ever seen. Moreover, KNBR show host Kevin Lynch did not even ask about Crabtree when Harbaugh provided this nugget. (Lynch asked about Randy Moss, and Harbaugh had a glowing report on him, too.)

Perhaps we should take Harbaugh at face value. He must really believe this . . . or he would not have been so quick to make the comparison.
Share 49ersWebzone