• Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerGod:
Originally posted by Chief:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Bump

Let the game play out man lol

Well, he seems to be following his career pattern.

A long season left, but I agree. It's not going in the right direction so far.

His first year, he took over a squad that was built for him and they played as good as any 49er defense I've seen in 10 years or more. The end of last year and so far this year, they look terrible.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
All offenses have to do is kneel on first and second and wait for the third down penalty. Easy breezy.
I hope these loses aren't being blamed on the defense. Ahmad Bradshaw ran on us even with he was with the Giants. Marshawn Lynch has run on us ever since he was a Seahawk. This is nothing new. Now if we got ran on by Reggie Bush, then I'd be alarmed.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I hope these loses aren't being blamed on the defense. Ahmad Bradshaw ran on us even with he was with the Giants. Marshawn Lynch has run on us ever since he was a Seahawk. This is nothing new. Now if we got ran on by Reggie Bush, then I'd be alarmed.

they run through us because the offense cant do s**t
Brown killed the defense today. The 4 man front with 4 de's isn't as stout as it used to be. The cowboys age is starting to show. Need better rotation and some more beef upfront. All the 3 and outs didn't help either. But a lot of yards given up by the defense wouldn't have happened if guys didn't keep getting penalized.
Defense was fine today. They kept the game tight for most of the game. Offense just s**t the bed.
i can't believe anyone would try and blame the defense for any of the losses this season.

basically saying our defense has to play perfect otherwise its their fault is stupid.

luck threw for 164 yards and no td's

they ran it 39 times

they made the colts punt on how many possessions in a row?

and our offense just gave it right back to them...

on top of every call that's close goes AGAINST the defense

the defense has no blame

stop it
Originally posted by lamontb:
Brown killed the defense today. The 4 man front with 4 de's isn't as stout as it used to be. The cowboys age is starting to show. Need better rotation and some more beef upfront. All the 3 and outs didn't help either. But a lot of yards given up by the defense wouldn't have happened if guys didn't keep getting penalized.

or if they could have gotten more than a 3 play rest for 4 quarters of football with the exception of maybe 1 drive
His first year, he took over a squad that was built for him and they played as good as any 49er defense I've seen in 10 years or more. The end of last year and so far this year, they look terrible.

Thought the defense played well today, considering the aldon smith situation and a couple iffy penalties.

Not sure if terrible is the right word, subpar is

Thought the defense played well today, considering the aldon smith situation and a couple iffy penalties.

No. Subpar is not even correct. They played very solid against a good ball control offense that makes few mistakes. The defense was good today. Everything else was s**t.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

No. Subpar is not even correct. They played very solid against a good ball control offense that makes few mistakes. The defense was good today. Everything else was s**t.

This. For the amount of time the defense was on the field, they held pretty well. Brown can suck it though.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Janitor:

This. For the amount of time the defense was on the field, they held pretty well. Brown can suck it though.

I completely disagree.. The defense was and has been bad since last year. The Colts had close to if not over 100 yards rushing by halftime, there was little to no pass rush, open receivers constantly, dumb penalties left and right.. Yes, our offense played worse but the defense is a huge problem. Only hero of this game is Frank Gore and the coaching staff left him to rot after the first quarter.
[ Edited by Chief on Sep 23, 2013 at 5:15 AM ]
Originally posted by Janitor:

I completely disagree.. The defense was and has been bad since last year. The Colts had close to if not over 100 yards rushing by halftime, there was little to no pass rush, open receivers constantly, dumb penalties left and right.. Yes, our offense played worse but the defense is a huge problem. Only hero of this game is Frank Gore and the coaching staff left him to rot after the first quarter.

With 5 minutes to go, the defense had only allowed 13 points. They were worn down to the point of exhaustion and then CK fumbled the ball near his own goal-line and allowed the Colts another easy 7 points.
The entire defense needs to step it up until our offense gets their diapers changed and the training wheels taken off. This is embarrassing! The defense did their part until they were gassed and on the field for way too long but I am not going to make excuses for them either. Ahmad Bradshaw looks like Adrian Peterson every time he plays in SF and that is unacceptable too. I don't care how long they're on the field. They are the strength of this team and are expected to come through when the offense is struggling. In my opinion this entire team is underachieving and playing with zero passion.
They ran it 39 times, like up in Seattle, b/c they COULD run it 39 times. That's the only real beef with fans in here about the defense. They couldn't get off the field and wore down as the game went on b/c we have no 2-gap NT's, don't change our schemes (vanilla) and have zero rotation. Eventually, and coupled with the 3-and-out offense we now have, it caught up to us...injuries included.
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
they ran it 39 times