There are 130 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Official 49ers schedule thread

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by JayDAche:
Needless to say, I don't think our schedule is as bad as everyone thought it was going to be..

Granted... It'll depend on what Seattle looks like this year w/ Flynn at the Helm.

trash

lol...we still winning the west:

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl/165108-official-musings-divisional-rivals-schedules-2012/
if we beat the packers, ill call 16-0
NFC North Section
Week 1: @ Green Bay Packers 1:15 Fox
Week 2: vs Detriot Lions 5:20 PM NBC (SNF)
Week 3: @ Minnesota Vikings 10:00 AM FOX

I think we'll start 2-1 just like last year. If we open 3-0 this will be a VERY special year (2-1).

New York State Tour
Week 4: @ NY Jets 10:00 AM FOX
Week 5: vs Buffalo Bills 1:15 pm CBS
Week 6: vs New York Giants 1:15 FOX

Get your brooms out because we're going to sweep the Empire state teams (3-0)(5-1).

Home Sweet Home
Week 7: vs Seattle Seahawks 5:20 PM NFLN
Week 8: @ AZ Cardinals 5:30 PM ESPN (MNF)
Week 9: BYE
Week 10: vs ST Louis Rams 1:15 FOX
Week 11: vs Chicago Bears (MNF)

I know we have one national road game but we usually make ourselves at home in Arizona. This is a nice long stretch on the west coast including the bye going back to week 5. We'll continue our division dominance and take care of bidness on MNF (4-0) (9-1).

Kick for the first round Bye
Week 12: @ NO Saints 1:15 Fox
Week 13: @ ST Louis Rams 10:00 FOX
Week 14: vs Miami Dolphins 1:05 PM CBS
Week 15:@ NE Patriots 5:20 pm NBC (SNF)
Week 16: @ Seattle Seahawks 1:15 Fox
Week 17: vs Arizona Cardinals 1:15 Fox

If we roll into Thanksgiving 9-1 again we'll be right in the thick of the chase for the top playoff seed. This stretch is a mother-effer with 4 of 6 on the road, but only one all the way east. Like last year I think we'll stumble a couple times. (4-2) (13-3) . . . Again!
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Apr 17, 2012 at 9:24 PM ]
The Green Bay game doesn't even interest me a lot.

The home opener versus Detroit is the one I'm super excited for. CAN'T WAIT.
Originally posted by niner4life21:

How is that even possible . . . Check your pulse.
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for JayDAche.
trash

That confident eh?
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
lol...we still winning the west:

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl/165108-official-musings-divisional-rivals-schedules-2012/

No doubt I still have us winning the west, Just see us Splitting the series with the Hawks. 1-1
Originally posted by niner4life21:

How can the season opener not interest you?
Breaking down the schedule into quarters....

@Packers
Lions
@Vikings
@Jets

3 out of 4 on the road to start the season but the other quarters have 1 and 2 road games. Might be our toughest stretch. Ideal that we at least split the 1st two games. Should be able to win at Vikings and Jets but a split would be ok.
2-2 to 3-1
---------------
Bills
Giants
Seahawks
@Cardinals
Bye Week

3 out of these 4 are at home to make up for that last quarter. Should be able to take care of the Bills and Seahawks at home. A split between the Giants and Cardinals is acceptable.
3-1
------------------
Rams
Bears
@Saints
@Rams

This stretch depends on how much better the Rams are with Fisher. Don't think they will be a pushover anymore. Ideally we beat them both times because a 2-2 stretch here is the least we can afford. I think we can beat the Bears at home. The Saints could be a completely different team. I can see us beating them but in the dome that will be tough.
3-1 but 2-2 is ok
------------------------
Dolphins
@Patriots
@Seattle
Cardinals

Dolphins and Cardinals we have to take care of at home. At NE and Seattle is a tough two game stretch. Hopefully we can at least split that.
3-1

At worst I expect 10-6 and hopefully winning the NFC West. At best 12 wins but I could see 13 again. 11-5 to 12-4 seams to be about right. The good news is that we are capable of beating every team on our schedule and it's been probably a decade and a half since we could say that.
I am completely disappointed in the Primetime games they gave us
Originally posted by SF4EVA:
I am completely disappointed in the Primetime games they gave us

I sort of agree.

Home vs Detroit was a pleasant surprise. As the home opener, that game will be EPIC.

Can't believe that neither the Giants nor the Saints were primetime games. Expected to have at least one of those.

At New England is gonna be fun, at AZ is whatever to me, at home for TNF vs Seattle is also exciting.

And at home for MNF vs the Bears is also intriguing.

So I guess that the game at Arizona and the absence of NO/NYG as one of the games is what kinda ruins it. But hey, you can't be picky when you're getting 5 primetime games.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I have no problem with our schedule except that I'm not going to be able to take my son to as many home games because of the time....

you sit in my section...enjoy the games with me lol

I'll be the guy in a kilt.....

Peter Prisco of CBS Sports' Top 10 Games

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/18630499/top-10-games-already-salivating-over-thanksgiving-weekend-games

He didn't rank them just gave them by week. Packers, Giants and Saints are on there... no Patriots. 3 out of the top 10
I'm all for it seeing how we fare against the elite.

what pisses me off is........

that first half of the schedule is harder than all of the GB Packers 2011 schedule.
Have a bunch of schedule wallpapers up if anyone wants them. Nothing great but something to start with.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/153981-2012-schedule-wallpaper-thread/page5/
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 18, 2012 at 2:41 AM ]