There are 51 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Official 49ers schedule thread

When is the PYMWYMI Thread going to start
Originally posted by jreff22:
how the hell does NE gets a easy schedule again?

Helps playing the NFC west, and Dolphins and Bills aren't much of a test.

Notice we play 5 teams with 9 or more wins from 2011, not bad.

Play in division with Miami and Buffalo.
Originally posted by crazedwill:
When is the PYMWYMI Thread going to start

Usually after the draft. (last season excluded)
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

bills are going to be scary this year
Originally posted by DarkShinobiX:
How lame that 2 of our MNF games are against the Cardinals

??? Only one against Zona, the other is against the Bears.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

Defense yes, Offense not so much. Fitzpatrick needs to prove he can be good for a whole season.

Scary? Like good?
Originally posted by okdkid:
Scary? Like good?

defensively ya

there pass rush will be scary next year and there offense with fred jackson returning should be improved especially of they pick up another WR to pair with stevie johnson

NFL also hates having to send NE out on the West Coast, last year they had the AFC West where they only had to go out West once lat season... and that was against the Raiders. Ridiculous.
  • dwett
  • Veteran
Really feel the one of the keys to next years overall record will be determined by how we can hold serve at home. Looking at the schedule I really like what teams we got at home vs those we have to travel to. For this I took out Divisional games since they normally favor the home team:

Home Games

1. Lions- They were 5-3 at home and on the road last year. Now got to admit there crowd noise was nuts last year and would rather play them at home.
  2. Bills- They were 1-7 on the road last year. I know they have improved but they are still a young team and going on the road presents challenges
  3. Giants- This may be the one home game I would prefer be on the road. They were 5-3 on the road and 4-4 at home. Simply put they have a great traveling team
  4. Bears - They were 3-5 on the road, but played many of those games without Culter. Still I would rather play them at home then away.
  5. Dolphins - Another young team I feel will struggle on the road. They were 2-6 last year on the road and 4-4 at home. This is a team that seems to play much better at home.

Now for the Away Games

1. Packers - This is a tough game at home or on the road. The fact that it is an early game means the weather will not be an issue
  2. Vikings - Well there record was bad at home and away. They do play better at home but would rather travel here then Detroit
  3. Jets - They were 6-2 at home so this is simply put a tough match up. With that said our run defense matches up well with what the Jets have to do to succeed so I really feel this is still a game we can win on the road.
  4. Saints - Well this sucks. The Saints are a better team at home and with that said are a tough beat even if they have to travel to you.
  5. Patriots - They are 6-2 on the road so you might as well play them at their place and get an upset win.

Overall I would like to play the Giants away and have the Saints at home, but this still seems like a nice home vs road schedule.
[ Edited by dwett on Apr 17, 2012 at 5:29 PM ]

So they can make it the superbowl and lose to an NFC team again...
Thats actually not too bad of a schedule. Pretty well spaced out, not like 2010 when we had all our tough games, especially the ones on the road at the beginning of the season.

We start off with games that we can win ( Detroit, Buffalo, New York Giants and Jets), plus all of our tough games throughout the year will be awesome close ones that we can definitely win.
** in () afer the listed game is the team our opponent played int he previous week on the day they played and the time they played

Week 1: @ Green Bay Packers 1:15 Fox
Week 2: vs Detriot Lions 5:20 PM NBC (SNF) (vs Rams sunday 1 pm)
Week 3: @ Minnesota Vikings 10:00 AM FOX (@ colts sunday 12.00 noon)
Week 4: @ NY Jets 10:00 AM FOX (@ Dolphins sunday 1 pm)
Week 5: vs Buffalo Bills 1:15 pm CBS (@ patriots sunday 1:00 pm)
Week 6: vs New York Giants 1:15 FOX (vs Browns sunday 4:15 pm)
Week 7: vs Seattle Seahawks 5:20 PM NFLN (thursday night game) (vs Patriots sunday 1 pm)
Week 8: @ AZ Cardinals 5:30 PM ESPN (MNF) ( @ Vikings Sunday 1 pm)
Week 9: BYE
Week 10: vs ST Louis Rams 1:15 FOX (bye)
Week 11: vs Chicago Bears (MNF) (vs Texans sunday 7:20 pm)
Week 12: @ NO Saints 1:15 Fox ( @ raiders sunday 3:05)
Week 13: @ ST Louis Rams 10:00 FOX (@ arizona sunday 3:15)
Week 14: vs Miami Dolphins 1:05 PM CBS (vs Patriots sunday 1 pm )
Week 15:@ NE Patriots 5:20 pm NBC (SNF) (vs Houston monday 8:30 pm)
Week 16: @ Seattle Seahawks 1:15 Fox (vs bills (playing in toronto) sunday 1 pm)
Week 17: vs Arizona Cardinals 1:15 Fox (vs Bears sunday 4:15)
14-2, realistically!! No worse than 13-3 again
I keep thinking @ the Jets will be a tough game.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home