There are 209 users in the forums

Gregg Williams wanted to seriously injure all our players (audio on first post)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Pick6
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DRUSTOPO:
Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:
Im a 9ers fan living 10 min from the Meadowlands.. The Giants players said and did the same thing with Kyle Williams. This was one of many articles = http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/01/giants_...

"Some Giants say they went after Williams with the intent to take him out of the game. "

I have not heard one thing about the Giants. This smells like a media witch hunt.Not saying that they were right, they lied and did it anyway, thats the biggest factor. This has been going on forever, its part of football and the reason coaches do not say much about injuries unless they have to. The other team goes after the weaknesses. Giants did it worse in that game and admitted it after. Im not upset about it, all part of the game.I love how everyone is appalled over this, wake up people, Buddy Ryan was 100 times worse! Hell the Lions were worse in 2011 and the Raiders have led the league in PFs for 20 years, think they dont have rewards? This is a joke how the media is latching onto this. Its like the Weather Channel when a Hurricane hits.
You don't get.
what dont I get?
I shouldn't have to explain to you the difference between intentionally HURTING a player and intentionally INJURING a player.

Again, my point is that the Giants did the same exact thing one week later and admitted to it after the game in multiple inrterviews, how come nobody was as appalled then? They talked about hitting Kyles head because they knew about his concussion. How is that any different? Where was the media backlash then ?

The point is the Saints were Paying players to take opponents out of the game, whether it was part of the game or in the pile after the play... Legally hitting a player within the rules is one thing, but when you start talking about punching people in the head in the pile, breaking ankles over the pile, taking out an acl etc, thats over the line ESPECIALLY for pay. Hitting a guy helmit to helmit who's had concussions is not to the level that the Saints were at.

Hitting a guy hard (legally) and making him hurt is part of football, but intentionally attempting to break ankles, tear acl's etc is not. I will be shocked if Greg Williams ever coaches again... and I think this is going to get much worse for the saints before it gets better.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Faithfulboy:
I totally agree with you!...They also should ban the Head Coach Sean for life...Pete Rose his Ass!

Yeah sean can no longer be trusted either. I used to think he was actually a good coach too but he not only let that happen but in some cases he even encouraged it. He can go coach some college team for all I care.
Now I don't blame coaches for being so secretive with injury reports.
I know there's already a thread on this but I didn't see the actual audio posted anywhere in it, and I didn't want it to be buried on page 10... Merge if you want MODS but I made this for convenience for those that want to hear it. What a classless Peice of s**t...

[ Edited by zozell on Apr 5, 2012 at 11:49 AM ]
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
I love how we basically did to them what Greg Williams wanted to do to us that day.
ibtm
Originally posted by Bryant4everYoung:
This was an NFL coach, who was caught red handed, what's so hard to get. Just because we don't hear about this side of football doesn't justify it or make it right.

You guys are missing my point, I agree he was dead wrong and I agree he should be banned for life. Im blasting the media for jumping on this audio about the Saints calling out specific players with specific injuries after the fact. The Giants were given a pass against us when hurting a player actually affected the outcome. The media is in a frenzy over it TODAY because its the hot topic, if they REALLY cared about it, this would have been the topic the two weeks leading up to the SB. The Giants did exactly what the Saints did and admitted to it right after the game. What was the difference? The difference is them jumping on the gravy train for ratings.
I don't think it should be moved, unless people want it to get buried and not have the opportunity to listen to this...
Lifetime ban for that POS. Only question is whether Goodell had this kind of evidence in hand before laying down the punishment. Clearly he had solid proof but this brings the whole bounty thing to another level. Particularly since we were not listed as one of the teams targeted.
Ban that S.O.B. FOR LIFE!!!!!!!

• DJD
  • Veteran
agreed.. if it's merged.. it should be put on the first page...
Im a 9ers fan living 10 min from the Meadowlands.. The Giants players said and did the same thing with Kyle Williams. This was one of many articles = http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/01/giants_...

"Some Giants say they went after Williams with the intent to take him out of the game. "

I have not heard one thing about the Giants. This smells like a media witch hunt.Not saying that they were right, they lied and did it anyway, thats the biggest factor. This has been going on forever, its part of football and the reason coaches do not say much about injuries unless they have to. The other team goes after the weaknesses. Giants did it worse in that game and admitted it after. Im not upset about it, all part of the game.I love how everyone is appalled over this, wake up people, Buddy Ryan was 100 times worse! Hell the Lions were worse in 2011 and the Raiders have led the league in PFs for 20 years, think they dont have rewards? This is a joke how the media is latching onto this. Its like the Weather Channel when a Hurricane hits.
You don't get.
what dont I get?
I shouldn't have to explain to you the difference between intentionally HURTING a player and intentionally INJURING a player.

Again, my point is that the Giants did the same exact thing one week later and admitted to it after the game in multiple inrterviews, how come nobody was as appalled then? They talked about hitting Kyles head because they knew about his concussion. How is that any different? Where was the media backlash then ?
You act like most NFL teams have bounty systems in play, which is not a fact and to the contrary, I cant say with certainty that it doesn't happen. However, to right it off like its no big deal because you think that this bounty system is a part of football is an ignorant statement. I'm not going to disagree that the Saints weren't the only team to do this, but it is not normal that's for sure. Let me tell you what is normal, putting a hurttin' on someone for trying to come over to my portion of the field, that's what has been happening since footballs existence.

This does not mean you are intentionally trying to injure a player, its a tactic to try and make that player think twice about making a play in that player area of the field. I really hate it when fans try to down play this situation, its not a common practice to tell your players to go for the head (you take out the head you kill the body) or to take out someones ACL.
Makes the win that much sweeter.
The most disgusting part about the whole thing is Saints fans are still defending this. I understand the love for a team, but come on. If I heard the Niners do this I would be more pissed at the team. All I read when I look at their comments is "we're not the only team, we just got caught," "the NFL has it out for us because they can't want a small market team playing in the Super Bowl," and other dumb s*** like that.

The team and their fans are disgusting and classless. The worst fans I've ever seen and they deserve every negative thing that happens to them.
Originally posted by Bryant4everYoung:
This was an NFL coach, who was caught red handed, what's so hard to get. Just because we don't hear about this side of football doesn't justify it or make it right.

You guys are missing my point, I agree he was dead wrong and I agree he should be banned for life. Im blasting the media for jumping on this audio about the Saints calling out specific players with specific injuries after the fact. The Giants were given a pass against us when hurting a player actually affected the outcome. The media is in a frenzy over it TODAY because its the hot topic, if they REALLY cared about it, this would have been the topic the two weeks leading up to the SB. The Giants did exactly what the Saints did and admitted to it right after the game. What was the difference? The difference is them jumping on the gravy train for ratings.
this why your getting attacked

This has been going on forever, its part of football and the reason coaches do not say much about injuries unless they have to.
Share 49ersWebzone