There are 137 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Gregg Williams wanted to seriously injure all our players (audio on first post)

Originally posted by Snider8706:
I wonder if our players have heard these audio clips.

Goldson and Culliver tweeted about it this morning
Originally posted by susweel:
Just stop it already. We know football is violent but you have to play in the rules and paying people to intentionally hurt people is not in the rules.

Not true. Nothing in the NFL rules makes it a violation to hurt a player. The rules are all based on what the does, not on whether another player is injured as a result of them. You never hear "15 yard penalty for breaking players leg" or for "knocking a player out". If it's "clean" violence. And no action Williams advocated was "unclean". The only thing against the rules is their silly bounty system and obstruction of an investigation, which is why the league based its discipline off of those. The league could not penalize the Saints for being too violent, because there is no rule against it.
Originally posted by Snider8706:
I wonder if our players have heard these audio clips.

Ooops.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Apr 5, 2012 at 1:38 PM ]
Originally posted by Robert:
Wait! So, you're saying football is an intentionally violent game where players try to hurt opposing players and coaches encourage players through coaching and speeches to hurt opposing players?!?! Unbelieveable! I refuse to believe this!

You mean all those highlight reel hits that swell viewship for big networks, ESPN and the NFL Network, swell ad money that ultimately swell players bank accounts, actually takes a physical toll on the player getting hit?!?! This is horrible! I'm shocked!

What should we do? I know, let's fake outrage. Quietly rejoice that it was not our team that got caught. Single out the unlucky few caught. Act like it's not one of the pillars of the entire product. Disproportionately punish the few caught. Get the media to turn off the spotlight. Keep indirect bounties (players rewarded for "intimidating" play with big contracts) of course and indirect motivational speeches directed toward "physical" "beat people up" play, of course.

I could get it if this were janists complaining about the violence of football and the encouragement of violence. They at least have a theoretically non-hypocritical platform from which to judge this media circus. But I don't get how football fans can act shocked / appalled by the very nature of the sport they claim to love....

There are ways to play the game, both right and wrong, look at how Willis and Goldson decleat fools compared to a Harrison-on-McCoy hit. There is a difference between instinct and intent. If you intend to go for the concussion or tear the ACL or break an ankle, which was clearly stated, then damn straight as a fan, player, and basic human being I have every right to be pissed. Football is violent enough without incentives to injure. Hell, anyone whose played knows the crap that goes on underneath the piles and has to accept it, doesnt mean you cant be pissed about it and try to bring it to an officials attention. WTF else are you supposed to do, sit there and let someone try and twist your ankle or throw rabbit punches to your kidneys? F*ck that.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Purposely trying to take a guys ACL out isnt football

Depends on what generation you're from, how badly you want to win and the price you're willing to pay for winning. Romantically, I see your point....practically speaking, this stuff happens more than we the fans care to know.

It's like the financial meltdown (or the steriod era or any other cheating scandal), so much of what happened was illegal, but the motivation to win/create wealth led people to systematically/operationally do bad things. It's wrong, but it's also a reality given the stakes and if people in these dynamic environments aren't cheating, they're not staying ahead.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Apr 5, 2012 at 1:48 PM ]
Originally posted by Robert:
Originally posted by susweel:
Just stop it already. We know football is violent but you have to play in the rules and paying people to intentionally hurt people is not in the rules.

Not true. Nothing in the NFL rules makes it a violation to hurt a player. The rules are all based on what the does, not on whether another player is injured as a result of them. You never hear "15 yard penalty for breaking players leg" or for "knocking a player out". If it's "clean" violence. And no action Williams advocated was "unclean". The only thing against the rules is their silly bounty system and obstruction of an investigation, which is why the league based its discipline off of those. The league could not penalize the Saints for being too violent, because there is no rule against it.
Of course people are gonna get hurt during the course of a game its a violent sport. Williams was telling them to take out Crabtrees ACL, you dont think there is something wrong with that?
Originally posted by Robert:
Originally posted by susweel:
Just stop it already. We know football is violent but you have to play in the rules and paying people to intentionally hurt people is not in the rules.

Not true. Nothing in the NFL rules makes it a violation to hurt a player. The rules are all based on what the does, not on whether another player is injured as a result of them. You never hear "15 yard penalty for breaking players leg" or for "knocking a player out". If it's "clean" violence. And no action Williams advocated was "unclean". The only thing against the rules is their silly bounty system and obstruction of an investigation, which is why the league based its discipline off of those. The league could not penalize the Saints for being too violent, because there is no rule against it.
Huh? But you just made his point for him. No one is saying punish a "team" because they're too violent. Everyone here( I hope) is referring to this specific case where evidence has shown that they CLEARLY violated NFL rules.
@thehawk38

That's how u feel, man that's really how u feel? Lol...Well tht didn't work. #wedat


This audio just makes our victory all the more sweet and how we did to their offense what their defense wanted to do to us.

i bet all the teams are going to go after drew brees next season for all this s***. Greg Williams deserves to be banned for life....he cant change his philosophy in one year. He will always encourage afflicting injures on opponents...plain and simple
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Purposely trying to take a guys ACL out isnt football

Depends on what generation you're from, how badly you want to win and the price you're willing to pay for winning. Romantically, I see your point....practically speaking, this stuff happens more than we the fans care to know.

It's like the financial meltdown (or the steriod era or any other cheating scandal), so much of what happened was illegal, but the motivation to win/create wealth led people to systematically/operationally do bad things. It's wrong, but it's also a reality given the stakes and if people in these dynamic environments aren't cheating, they're not staying ahead.

"Get him a body bag YEAHHHH!"

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
@thehawk38

That's how u feel, man that's really how u feel? Lol...Well tht didn't work. #wedat

Take away the Saints Super Bowl championship. Also, Rams should fire him.
Originally posted by pakalolo415:
LOL he said outside ACL dumbass. It's your LCL

Uhhh.. outside leg.. meaning the one closest to the sideline... you know the leg that you cut on?
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Purposely trying to take a guys ACL out isnt football

Depends on what generation you're from, how badly you want to win and the price you're willing to pay for winning. Romantically, I see your point....practically speaking, this stuff happens more than we the fans care to know.

It's like the financial meltdown (or the steriod era or any other cheating scandal), so much of what happened was illegal, but the motivation to win/create wealth led people to systematically/operationally do bad things. It's wrong, but it's also a reality given the stakes and if people in these dynamic environments aren't cheating, they're not staying ahead.

i think you're the one speaking romantically.