There are 20 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Countdown to 49ers Stadium Groundbreaking: 0 days!!!!

  • Chico
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,176


For awhile there i was dissapointed in the design of the stadium because it looked so plain compared to Dallas & AZ's stadiums. But now i'm fired up...i'm getting to like it more and more. I LOVE that it's an outdoor stadium, where football was meant to be played. Not an indoor fancy smansy girly stadium like the cowgirls play on!
Originally posted by Chico:


For awhile there i was dissapointed in the design of the stadium because it looked so plain compared to Dallas & AZ's stadiums. But now i'm fired up...i'm getting to like it more and more. I LOVE that it's an outdoor stadium, where football was meant to be played. Not an indoor fancy smansy girly stadium like the cowgirls play on!

Outdoor is where its meant to be played.. In the mud/rain/snow/sun/freezing/scolding hott... thats where real football players play.. not in the 72 degree stadium turf with the only wind being your breathe.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 21,311
15 days
Originally posted by mayo49:
15 days

woooooooooooooooo
Originally posted by Oscar:
This does make it a so much more "real."

I was listening to a special this morning on the Oakland A's potentially moving to San Jose and it's interesting how the Bay Area dynamic is so much different than other places. The argument for moving the 49ers was always something like, "Look at 'Dallas', they play in Arlington" or something along those lines. But San Jose is a major metro area by itself. And usually you're a San Jose person or a San Francisco person.

Just an interesting dynamic is all. I'm just glad the team is going to get a new stadium!


Being a 4th generation San Josean I understand what your saying. San Francisco has always considered themselves the center of N. California when it came to money, politics, food, culture, etc. Over the last 30 years San Jose has become the 10th largest city in the country passing Detroit, the technology capital of the world and gained tremendous political and financial clout. San Francisco remains the culture center, foodie, and tourist center of N. Cal but the real behind the scenes power has shifted to San Jose and the south bay. As an example everyone is talking about naming rights and every company mentioned is based in San Jose or the South Bay No one is saying will be the Trans America or PG & E park.

Part of the problem is San Francisco will never admit that our tiny little backward city that was only good for growing apricots and cherrys has grown up.
Originally posted by Bejaard49er:
Originally posted by Oscar:
This does make it a so much more "real."

I was listening to a special this morning on the Oakland A's potentially moving to San Jose and it's interesting how the Bay Area dynamic is so much different than other places. The argument for moving the 49ers was always something like, "Look at 'Dallas', they play in Arlington" or something along those lines. But San Jose is a major metro area by itself. And usually you're a San Jose person or a San Francisco person.

Just an interesting dynamic is all. I'm just glad the team is going to get a new stadium!


Being a 4th generation San Josean I understand what your saying. San Francisco has always considered themselves the center of N. California when it came to money, politics, food, culture, etc. Over the last 30 years San Jose has become the 10th largest city in the country passing Detroit, the technology capital of the world and gained tremendous political and financial clout. San Francisco remains the culture center, foodie, and tourist center of N. Cal but the real behind the scenes power has shifted to San Jose and the south bay. As an example everyone is talking about naming rights and every company mentioned is based in San Jose or the South Bay No one is saying will be the Trans America or PG & E park.

Part of the problem is San Francisco will never admit that our tiny little backward city that was only good for growing apricots and cherrys has grown up.

100% Agreed. San Jose is larger in both size and population and his home to some of the biggest companies in the World. Apple. Cisco. Google. Ebay. I could go on and on. ALL are in the South Bay.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by Bejaard49er:
Originally posted by Oscar:
This does make it a so much more "real."

I was listening to a special this morning on the Oakland A's potentially moving to San Jose and it's interesting how the Bay Area dynamic is so much different than other places. The argument for moving the 49ers was always something like, "Look at 'Dallas', they play in Arlington" or something along those lines. But San Jose is a major metro area by itself. And usually you're a San Jose person or a San Francisco person.

Just an interesting dynamic is all. I'm just glad the team is going to get a new stadium!


Being a 4th generation San Josean I understand what your saying. San Francisco has always considered themselves the center of N. California when it came to money, politics, food, culture, etc. Over the last 30 years San Jose has become the 10th largest city in the country passing Detroit, the technology capital of the world and gained tremendous political and financial clout. San Francisco remains the culture center, foodie, and tourist center of N. Cal but the real behind the scenes power has shifted to San Jose and the south bay. As an example everyone is talking about naming rights and every company mentioned is based in San Jose or the South Bay No one is saying will be the Trans America or PG & E park.

Part of the problem is San Francisco will never admit that our tiny little backward city that was only good for growing apricots and cherrys has grown up.

100% Agreed. San Jose is larger in both size and population and his home to some of the biggest companies in the World. Apple. Cisco. Google. Ebay. I could go on and on. ALL are in the South Bay.

to you guys its different... (and I'm not disagreeing with you)... but to everybody outside, the bay area is just the bay area.

it annoys me when SF residents call San Jose suburbia because to me and everybody else outside of the Bay Area, its all just one massive Metropolitan region spread across 3 big cities. To me Dublin, Santa Rosa, Livemore, Tracy, Walnut Creek, Gilroy etc are suburbs.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 21,311
14 days
too bad that we're not invited.
Originally posted by mayo49:
14 days

woooooooooooooooo
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Marvin49, I fully expect you to be on that grassy knoll near the train tracks after work, filming everything!

-abraham zapruder


LOL.

Nah..I'll be stuck here at work. That day will start my little phoptography project. ;-)
You going to take a picture a day or something and see the transformation happen...
Originally posted by DANADA:
Originally posted by mayo49:
14 days

woooooooooooooooo
Fourteen! Fourteen! Fourteen! Fourteen!!
Originally posted by mayo49:
13 days

woooooooooooooooo
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Marvin49, I fully expect you to be on that grassy knoll near the train tracks after work, filming everything!

-abraham zapruder


LOL.

Nah..I'll be stuck here at work. That day will start my little phoptography project. ;-)
You going to take a picture a day or something and see the transformation happen...

More like 1 every week or every couple of weeks.
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by Bejaard49er:
Originally posted by Oscar:
This does make it a so much more "real."

I was listening to a special this morning on the Oakland A's potentially moving to San Jose and it's interesting how the Bay Area dynamic is so much different than other places. The argument for moving the 49ers was always something like, "Look at 'Dallas', they play in Arlington" or something along those lines. But San Jose is a major metro area by itself. And usually you're a San Jose person or a San Francisco person.

Just an interesting dynamic is all. I'm just glad the team is going to get a new stadium!


Being a 4th generation San Josean I understand what your saying. San Francisco has always considered themselves the center of N. California when it came to money, politics, food, culture, etc. Over the last 30 years San Jose has become the 10th largest city in the country passing Detroit, the technology capital of the world and gained tremendous political and financial clout. San Francisco remains the culture center, foodie, and tourist center of N. Cal but the real behind the scenes power has shifted to San Jose and the south bay. As an example everyone is talking about naming rights and every company mentioned is based in San Jose or the South Bay No one is saying will be the Trans America or PG & E park.

Part of the problem is San Francisco will never admit that our tiny little backward city that was only good for growing apricots and cherrys has grown up.

100% Agreed. San Jose is larger in both size and population and his home to some of the biggest companies in the World. Apple. Cisco. Google. Ebay. I could go on and on. ALL are in the South Bay.

to you guys its different... (and I'm not disagreeing with you)... but to everybody outside, the bay area is just the bay area.

it annoys me when SF residents call San Jose suburbia because to me and everybody else outside of the Bay Area, its all just one massive Metropolitan region spread across 3 big cities. To me Dublin, Santa Rosa, Livemore, Tracy, Walnut Creek, Gilroy etc are suburbs.

It's not that different.

I kinda see it all as one area as well (altho I like to discount Oakland).

People in SF tho seem to thing of the South Bay as nothing but business parks with little to offer.

SF is beauitiful, don't get me wrong, but I'd never want to live there. Its a great place to drive to and then be able to drive away from. The south Bay isn't just the suburbs. There is MORE money and people there than in SF. SF just doesn't like to admit that.

There is a reason the 49ers are going to be in SC. there is a reason the Sharks are so successful in SJ (FInancially). There is a reason that the A's so desparately want to move to SJ.

Thats where the money is.