There are 91 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

OK, someone at NFL Films needs to leak this recording

"6. Jim Schwartz and Jim Harbaugh are actually on speaking terms. They don't hold the bitterness of The Nightmare Handshake against each other, though it certainly hasn't been forgotten. Interesting to note that after the handshake-turned-confrontation last season, the two actually spoke in the tunnel before adjourning to their locker rooms, and had a semi-heated, semi-civil conversation about the event, according to Schwartz. Both of them, I'm sure, would like to have a do-over on it. Interesting that Schwartz was miked by NFL Films that day. I bet that was some terrific audio that was forever buried from the postgame meeting on the field."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/04/01/bounty/index.html#ixzz1quRhVBsz

Just has to happen
It's inevitable that it will make NFL Films, probably it's own hour long segment featuring Jim Harbaugh (who will have hopefully brought several Championships to SF by then). I doubt we'll get a taste of it in the immediate future, though. Too soon, too soon...
Having worked at the NFL Network, I can tell you that all wireds (mic'd up audio) must be approved by the teams in question in advance of them being released for use by NFLN, NFL.com, or in any NFL Films specials or on NFL Films DVD's & Blu-Rays.

It is a courtesy given by the NFL teams to NFL Films to have their players mic'd for sound, so the teams are then given the courtesy by NFL Films of approving what sound they are "ok with" for broadcast.

So the juiciest parts of that Schwartz wired will probably never see the light of day... but I don't doubt they exist and live happily on a server on the east coast.

One evening at work, I sat for about two hours and listened to all the unapproved wired sound from the Nolan/Singletary era... players, coaches, etc. I really didn't hear anything too juicy in terms of someone saying something completely out of hand, but there is definitely a ton of stuff that hits the floor every year.

I will tell you this... Jeff Ulbrich has a big potty mouth.
[ Edited by NickSh49 on Apr 2, 2012 at 2:21 PM ]
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:
It's inevitable that it will make NFL Films, probably it's own hour long segment featuring Jim Harbaugh (who will have hopefully brought several Championships to SF by then). I doubt we'll get a taste of it in the immediate future, though. Too soon, too soon...

Yes MAYBE years down the road. We're talking maybe 5-10 years from now or if Schwartz gets fired and the Lions organization is over it.

The only other way it gets released is if it somehow becomes relevant again in the near future... say Lions vs. Niners in a future playoff game... while Harbaugh & Schwartz are still coaching their respective teams... AND they both sit down for a pre-taped, pre-game interview on FOX or something... AND Schwartz approves of the footage being used.

So yeah, don't cross your fingers... unless somehow the wired isn't as bad as it looked on TV when Schwartz & Harbaugh were scuffling. Who knows what Schwartz was yelling while he was chasing Jimmy across the field.
[ Edited by NickSh49 on Apr 2, 2012 at 2:30 PM ]
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Yes MAYBE years down the road. We're talking maybe 5-10 years from now or if Schwartz gets fired and the Lions organization is over it.

The only other way it gets released is if it somehow becomes relevant again in the near future... say Lions vs. Niners in a future playoff game... while Harbaugh & Schwartz are still coaching their respective teams... AND they both sit down for a pre-taped, pre-game interview on FOX or something... AND Schwartz approves of the footage being used.

So yeah, don't cross your fingers... unless somehow the wired isn't as bad as it looked on TV when Schwartz & Harbaugh were scuffling. Who knows what Schwartz was yelling while he was chasing Jimmy across the field.
Ya gotta admit, that sound/footage would be ratings gold for the NFL Network, especially if the conditions you mentioned came to fruition. That's too juicy for NFLN to just sit on, collecting dust.

Ya gotta admit, that sound/footage would be ratings gold for the NFL Network, especially if the conditions you mentioned came to fruition. That's too juicy for NFLN to just sit on, collecting dust.

Trust me... they sit on a lot. Unless they get approval from the Lions, you won't see it.
Trust me... they sit on a lot. Unless they get approval from the Lions, you won't see it.

I guess we'll see the Roswell aliens before we see the truly scandalous stuff from NFL Films. But I have confidence the Lions and or Schwartz will give up the goods - all it would take is for them to revert back to mediocrity (which is embedded in their DNA) before they realize that it takes something scintillating like this footage for them to convince the NFL fanbase of their relevance.

Could you get your old job back and report privately to us?
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

Could you get your old job back and report privately to us?

While I may go back there at some point in the future, that kind of action would be in violation of my non-disclosure agreement.

So... no.
One for the ages!!!!!!!!!!!
it's all about what makes a story
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home