LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 289 users in the forums

2012 list of Regular Season Opponents and our Division

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/164710-niners-2012-schedule/
Originally posted by Youngb:
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/164710-niners-2012-schedule/

I posted the entire divisions opponents was wondering what people thought about the divisions outlook for 2012.
Someone is defensive about his thread
We've stacked up free agency players. People are tending to forget that we only need one more reciever to reach our goal. Our defense proved that we've been too strong to score on. Plus, all of the starters are back means another year of destruction. With the opponents we have this year of 2012, they haven't got anybody new besides the Chicago Bears (brandon marshall) and New England Patriots (Brandon Llyod).

We've recieved alot of offensive players that has experience in this game, and more to make Alex Smith "elite." Jim Harbaugh!!! Pointing out the obvious. If the 49ers play hard every game like it was a playoff game, I can see this team going "undefeated!" I'm just statin' my opinion.
[ Edited by Red_Gold18 on Mar 29, 2012 at 10:48 PM ]
It's not that they loaded us up it's all based on formula's. 6 division games (3 home and away). All 4 teams in 1 NFC division (rotates every year, north, south, east west) All 4 teams in an AFC Division (rotates every year again... north, south, east, west.... so that's 14 games (6+4+4) The last two are NFC divisions rotating playing the team that finished the same as you did. So since we are 1st we play the 1st place teams in the East and South in the Giants and Saints (if we finished last like the Rams did we would have played Bucs and Washington... that's why worse teams schedules look easier but teams change so quickly)

So this year we play the NFC North and AFC East... our 6 division games and winner of NFC South and East (since we won the west).
And here is my thoughts on next year...

In my opinion the 1st goal should be to win the division which gets us in the playoffs with a home game which likely puts into round 2.

My goal would be to go 7-1 at home. At worst 6-2. The 3 division games, Dolphins and Bills (much improved) are almost must wins. We should be able to take 2 of 3 from Lions, Bears and Giants. At worst we split with Lions and Bears and lose to Giants making us 6-2. We could afford to go 5-3 but that puts a lot of pressure for a tough road schedule. 5-3 at home would mean we are just hoping to win the division and not looking at a 1st round bye.

On the road Cardinals, Rams, Vikings should be wins. Jets and Seahawks should be wins as well but a split would be ok. That leaves Saints, Packers and Patriots. 2/3 or better would be great but I'd settle for 1-2. Saints without Payton and with all the suspensions went from likely loss to possible win. Patriots I think we can beat but Packers not sure about.

So at worst 5-3, 4-1, 1-2 = 10 wins... Best equals 7-1, 5-0, 2-1 equals 14-2. My opinion 6-2 to 7-1 at home... go 4-1 at STL, AZ, MINN, NYJ and SEA.... 1-2 vs NO, NE, GB. So that's 11-5 to 12-4. A ton of factors though... the draft, how Manningham, Moss and Crabtree fit and if there is chemistry with Alex. How the OL and especially RG do. If Jacobs can contribute... defense should be constant. Tougher offenses this year so they might slip a bit but hard to expect them to do what they did last year. Anywhere close is fine.
12/4 or better
Originally posted by Gore_21:

In my opinion the 1st goal should be to win the division which gets us in the playoffs with a home game which likely puts into round 2.

My goal would be to go 7-1 at home. At worst 6-2. The 3 division games, Dolphins and Bills (much improved) are almost must wins. We should be able to take 2 of 3 from Lions, Bears and Giants. At worst we split with Lions and Bears and lose to Giants making us 6-2. We could afford to go 5-3 but that puts a lot of pressure for a tough road schedule. 5-3 at home would mean we are just hoping to win the division and not looking at a 1st round bye.

On the road Cardinals, Rams, Vikings should be wins. Jets and Seahawks should be wins as well but a split would be ok. That leaves Saints, Packers and Patriots. 2/3 or better would be great but I'd settle for 1-2. Saints without Payton and with all the suspensions went from likely loss to possible win. Patriots I think we can beat but Packers not sure about.

So at worst 5-3, 4-1, 1-2 = 10 wins... Best equals 7-1, 5-0, 2-1 equals 14-2. My opinion 6-2 to 7-1 at home... go 4-1 at STL, AZ, MINN, NYJ and SEA.... 1-2 vs NO, NE, GB. So that's 11-5 to 12-4. A ton of factors though... the draft, how Manningham, Moss and Crabtree fit and if there is chemistry with Alex. How the OL and especially RG do. If Jacobs can contribute... defense should be constant. Tougher offenses this year so they might slip a bit but hard to expect them to do what they did last year. Anywhere close is fine.

Great post! I'm not as worried about the Dolphins as I am about the Bills. I think Jets on the road could be a tough game for us. Patriots on the road is obviously are hardest game of the year wouldn't you think? The Giants were able to take them out last year in a much needed win. I think are schedule or list of opponents is a spitting image of the Giants last year. I would like to get a couple of the harder games out of the way early personally. It looks like we should be on prime time TV quite a bit this year
My Prediction:

49ers- 11-5

Seahawks- 7-9

Cardinals- 5-11

Rams- 3-13
Originally posted by Magzarillious:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Those teams are scared to play our D. we are going 13-3 and winning our 6th super bowl

END THREAD

I hope your right. No need to come in and end my thread like you run this place.
LOL how many times do yo need to post your own thread?

Your right btw about some people thinking they run the place and try to shut down new posters
I wonder if we'll see another Youngstown road trip.
Originally posted by Gore_21:

I think 7-1 at home is more likely than realistic. We could lose 2 on the road. I think we repaeat a 13-3 record, maybe 14-2. No worse than a #2 seed again.
[ Edited by 9ersLiferInChicago on Mar 30, 2012 at 7:38 AM ]
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
I think 7-1 at home is more likely than realistic. We could lose 2 on the road. I think we repaeat a 13-3 record, maybe 14-2. No worse than a #2 seed again.

I hope your right but I just think its going to take some time to get our offense to gel with 2 brand new WRs. If we get our passing game going it could be possible. Would love to see Alex put up #'s this year so he can shut the nay sayers up that say he is just a game manager. If our Redzone efficiency increases he could add another 8-10 TDs and if he keeps his turnovers down, we will be tough to beat!!!!!
i think 11 wins to 12 wins is very likely tough schedule this year
Share 49ersWebzone