There are 127 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Brandon Jacobs a 49er

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
IMO this in an upgrade.

Jacobs > Dixon

This. Don't know what everyone is crying about.

Atleast this dude can pick up the blitz.

I think people are worried that we won't draft a RB now and we have to go with someone who is on the decline.

That is a good point, but, if there is a good RB prospect at a good spot in the draft, we will surely draft him.

If the rookie works out, we can cut Jacobs and Dixon.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:
Gore and Jacobs may not be on this roster next offseason. Heck, Jacobs may not be on this roster this September.

We have zero long term solutions for a 3-down back. And there is no need to paint ourselves into a corner next draft when we will desperately need one, and pray somebody good falls to us. Not an envious position for a run-first team.

If a legit 3-down option is available to us in the draft, we will take him.
many who are smarter than me when it comes to college football says that back will not be there till next year. gore still has some tread, so does jacobs,, spend those draft picks on more important things like a wide out, possible tight end, back up safety, possible back up inside linebacker, of course a right gaurd. you get your gore replacement next year. yee of little faith when it comes to the coaches on matters like this
Originally posted by sspiker:
Not a big fan of this. I would've much rather drafted Gore's replacement (like Doug Martin).

Yeahh, I really wanted Turbin..or Martin as a 2nd option..now we get niether *sigh* I'm deeply disappointed
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
David Bass...lol..carry on..
agree, but for every bass, which i think we are still better at that spot with goodwin, and for every julian peterson,, i can roll out a jason hill, arnez battle, nate dixon, korey sheets, jamie winborn, otis arney,cody pickett, do you really want me to carry on?
Originally posted by valrod33:
Eric Branch ‏ @Eric_Branch
#Giants DE Justin Tuck on Brandon Jacobs during 2011 season: "When that guy is motivated to play, he's tough, man." #49ers
That's a complement and a jab at the same time
meh on the signing think he runs soft, i guess that will cancel all the chatter about drafting a rb early
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:
Lmao!!!

Originally posted by sf49ersx11:

Jacobs: Let's bounce out this b***h bro.
Manningham: Word. I hear Frisco's tight doe.

Lmao!!!
this is really really good. i guess are are supposed to say we are sorry for creating an atmoshphere where guys who just won a super bowl want to come and play with us? i thought alex was going to scare off all the free agents
Man muth@&#%! this big,soft runnin,pitty pat,tip toein a$$ dude mane!!always runnin his mouth,lettin a smaller back take his spot when he had it on lock.if he works out,great for us,ill eat my words.
Incredibly soft runner. Not a fan of this one. Dying to see how the contract is structured.
the bus lasted for 13 years and peaked at 7 years ..we have a tank and a semi that may out do that!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Man muth@&#%! this big,soft runnin,pitty pat,tip toein a$$ dude mane!!always runnin his mouth,lettin a smaller back take his spot when he had it on lock.if he works out,great for us,ill eat my words.
what do you call dixon? he tip toes, he can not pick up a yard and he runs his tweets. when this guy called ryan a fat bellied coach it was better than any stupid tweet dixon could ever send. he is the same type of trash as coffee was and i am all for getting rid of this stuff like spencer, norris and chilo
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
I hate it. Going on record saying I do not like the move

I kinda feel the same way.

I wanted us to draft a RB.

In absolutely no way does signing a 29 year old running back to a 1 year deal stop us from drafting a RB. First round or otherwise.

Jacobs, like Moss, is not a lock to even make this team.

If it were this signing alone, but if you factor in Gore, Hunter and now the Jacobs signing, drafting a 1st round RB is definitely a luxury that this team (on the verge of a Super Bowl run) might not be able to afford. Not saying it can't or won't happen, but it's not likely (IMO) unless Trent Richardson falls to #30.

Gore and Jacobs may not be on this roster next offseason. Heck, Jacobs may not be on this roster this September.

We have zero long term solutions for a 3-down back. And there is no need to paint ourselves into a corner next draft when we will desperately need one, and pray somebody good falls to us. Not an envious position for a run-first team.

If a legit 3-down option is available to us in the draft, we will take him.

Teams can plug in rookie RBs pretty easily as well sign them in free agency, so waiting for the 2013 off-season to address our RB needs is the most likely scenario. Btw, 3-down backs are becoming both rare and irrelevant, especially in the style of offense that Harbaugh runs where we run a ton of power formations. I hate to say it, but RBs in these systems are almost a dime-a-dozen and having a top-tier, "3-down" back isn't really necessary. Definitely nice to have one, but the team can function just fine without one.

Point being, I don't see many teams feeling "desperate' for RB talent, since it's plentiful (and relatively cheap) both in the draft and in free agency.

Now, you could be right and we could try and address the RB situation with an eye towards the future...just don't be shocked if we wait until the later rounds to do it.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Mar 28, 2012 at 10:52 AM ]
Y get the giants cast off trash???wanted M.Bush instead.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Low risk. Championship.
Originally posted by Byisgod:
Incredibly soft runner. Not a fan of this one. Dying to see how the contract is structured.

True. Maybe his experience will help...maybe he gets cut after folks see him in practice. Either way, doesn't seem like a game changing acquisition at this point.