• Veteran
Originally posted by BleedRednGold:
Shut your keyboard!

Jump in a bathtub filled with yogurt.

Peach yogurt.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
You, sir, have earned the magical gold star of logic:

Thanks, brah brah.
4 qb's in camp! great competion. but we'll only carry 3. these things have a way of working them selves out. if all 4 look like keepers ...... i smell an injury.... shoot, somebody will have to go on IR!
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kezar1965:
4 qb's in camp! great competion. but we'll only carry 3. these things have a way of working them selves out. if all 4 look like keepers ...... i smell an injury.... shoot, somebody will have to go on IR!

Only? Damn, wasn't it enough of a task for them to carry just Alex to the playoffs last season?
Only? Damn, wasn't it enough of a task for them to carry just Alex to the playoffs last season?

LOL
Josh Johnson is garbage.

I guess good bye to Scott.
People have to remember that 3rd stringers are garbage. The only reason why there is a 3rd stringer is because they need another guy to throw in practice.

There has to be that one dude that can throw and knows the offense when the first team is running plays together.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
You, sir, have earned the magical gold star of logic:

Thanks, brah brah.

Did you just call him fat?
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erempire:
People have to remember that 3rd stringers are garbage. The only reason why there is a 3rd stringer is because they need another guy to throw in practice.

There has to be that one dude that can throw and knows the offense when the first team is running plays together.

Yes. This is always true.

Tom Brady was never a third string QB.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fister30:
Did you just call him fat?

Is that a compliment?

Interesting development. Josh was brought in as a more experienced backup. As you know 16 game season is long and anything can happen. Look around the league. QB's will miss time and Alex has missed some time himself. Next year's scedule is tougher on paper than this years.

Also, he is familiar with the system somewhat.

Still don't want to cut some young talent like Scott if he is capable. Hope we keep all four.If you believe JH is as good as you think about developing and having an eye for talent, there may be silver lining in this, If Alex has to miss games and one of the QBs shines like Flynn did for GB, we can trade the player for draft picks in the future. Whether it is Scott or Josh, it only cost cap space. If Alex doesn't have a good year or gets injured and one of the other three shines in his absence, Alex might be traded, and we relieve space in the cap for signings for the 2013 season. Of course Kaep could get traded also if he shines, but Alex still does good, as long as the niners get a high second round, but unlikely as teams won't give up a high draft for a couple of games.

It will be interesting to see how the end plays out. I'm okay with this for now. At least we are nothing like the jets, dolphins or cards. If this is not a four of a kind hand then at least a full house.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Matt Barrows ‏ @mattbarrows Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Tell it to me in Star Wars: Josh Johnson is Luke Skywalker. He began his training under Yoda (Harbaugh). Now he wants to complete it.

Ummmmmmmmm... didn't Yoda DIE when Luke returned to finish his training?

Wow, geek fail. Luke didn't begin his training with Yoda... he began with Obi-wan.

HA, Beerows is busted! Luke started his training under Obi-wan, continued under Yoda, then returned to complete his training w/Yoda, who decided to hang it up after a measly 400 years of Jedi service (dirtbag). You'd think Beerows would be a better nerd with his clever sarcasm and 114 pound physique.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Tell it to me in Star Wars: Josh Johnson is Luke Skywalker. He began his training under Yoda (Harbaugh). Now he wants to complete it.

Wow, geek fail. Luke didn't begin his training with Yoda... he began with Obi-wan.

HA, Beerows is busted! Luke started his training under Obi-wan, continued under Yoda, then returned to complete his training w/Yoda, who decided to hang it up after a measly 400 years of Jedi service (dirtbag). You'd think Beerows would be a better nerd with his clever sarcasm and 114 pound physique.

I know, right? Somebody take his geek card.
Johnson Highlights

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81323973/WK-4-Josh-Johnson-highlights
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d8135237f/WK-5-Josh-Johnson-highlights
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d8137fd4a/WK-6-Josh-Johnson-highlights
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d813adb92/WK-7-Josh-Johnson-highlights
http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/nfl-draft/NFL-Draft-Josh-Johnson-Highlights-472

The kid obviously has some IMMENSE physical tools - superior athlete, above average arm strength, and very accurate both from the pocket and on the run. In each of these departments, he's better than Alex - hands down. However, he does make some poor decisions with the football. For this reason, Alex holds onto the starting spot in the short term - but you cant keep talent like this down for long. I personally see him beating out Kaepernick for the backup role this coming year and quickly positioning himself as a potential long term solution for us at the QB position - assuming he's able to fully absorb the play book (shouldn't be a problem given prior experience w/ Harbaugh) and improve his decision making.

Obviously quite an assertion to make based on a few highlight reels, but screw it - why not
[ Edited by abowers1984 on Mar 24, 2012 at 12:26 PM ]

Well you can think of Josh's high school coach as Obi Wan and Harbaugh as yoda in college and in the pros. BTW Wrathman, I thought yoda said when 900 years (or 800) years you have trained jedi look this good will you? (opps must hide my geek card - can't let others know.)
Share 49ersWebzone