There are 112 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers sign QB Josh Johnson

Originally posted by AB83Rules:
nice signing. Solid QB group behind Alex now.

behind alex?


Originally posted by DirtyP:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
can't see the image but whatever it is I probably agree. I would rather keep Tolzein, I don't get this move. I just hope it's really a cheap contract and that it's because we were the only team who really wanted him. As far as I know the only other team interested was WAS and they are bringing in RG3. I hope Tolzein still has a shot at making the team.

Its a pretty easy move to get. Harbaugh wants someone better than Tolzein on the roster behind Smith and he thinks Johnson might be better.


Meh I don't think he's that good, and I think Tolzein can be better than him. Whatever though.
Originally posted by canadian49erfan:
NICE


Originally posted by DirtyP:
Its a pretty easy move to get. Harbaugh wants someone better than Tolzein on the roster behind Smith and he thinks Johnson might be better.

i agree with willis though

this may hirt kaeps confidence and development

this pushes him to #3 in depth chart
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,104
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
i dont know why harbaugh would do this

this would push kaep to #3 spot and sorry but i see no way josh johnson starting over alex

I wouldn't assume that.

Kaep will probably be making more money in addition to the fact that we invested a draft pick in him.

We'll see what happens.
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
i dont know why harbaugh would do this

this would push kaep to #3 spot and sorry but i see no way josh johnson starting over alex

Harbaugh prob realizes Kap isn't ready and needs a backup plan if Alex gets hurt.

I see the same. I think we dodge a big bullet last year with Smith able to play all 16 games and into the playoff. We know Kaep was not ready last year and he may not be ready this year.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Mar 22, 2012 at 7:31 PM ]
ummmm if harbaugh approves im good with it just better be a cheap contract
Wow! Interesting...

I really was hoping to see what Tolzien could do. He will still get a chance to show what he can do in training camp and the pre-season. So, basically, if Josh Johnson is better than Tolzien then so long Tolzien.

I trust Harbaugh; if he wants Josh for insurance, then I am fine with it.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
i dont know why harbaugh would do this

this would push kaep to #3 spot and sorry but i see no way josh johnson starting over alex

I wouldn't assume that.

Kaep will probably be making more money in addition to the fact that we invested a draft pick in him.

We'll see what happens.

Hopefully this.
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Wow! Interesting...

I really was hoping to see what Tolzien could do. He will still get a chance to show what he can do in training camp and the pre-season. So, basically, if Josh Johnson is better than Tolzien then so long Tolzien.

I trust Harbaugh; if he wants Josh for insurance, then I am fine with it.

They should have an opportunity to duke it out in the preseason
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,104
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
ummmm if harbaugh approves im good with it just better be a cheap contract

Winner.

[speculation] Johnson is going to be the third QB this season. He was brought in to be a veteran back-up in case Smith flops and we cut him after this season. [/speculation]
  • NickV
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,560
OVER OR UNDER 30 PAGES??
I wonder if Alex gives up his number.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Its a pretty easy move to get. Harbaugh wants someone better than Tolzein on the roster behind Smith and he thinks Johnson might be better.

i agree with willis though

this may hirt kaeps confidence and development

this pushes him to #3 in depth chart

Yeah, it could also be just that Jim isn't to high CK as well. Good old fashion camp competition.
If they get rid of Tolzien this team can go to hell.