There are 401 users in the forums

QB Josh Johnson

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by TampaBayNiner:
Living in Tampa and watching him play for the Bucs, I am not too happy about this signing. I know he has familiarity with Harbaugh but I'm pretty sure he has a win less record as a starter. Maybe 1 win but still.

Who gives a s**t

he won't see the field

Yeah Johnson will be a solid #3 to compete for the #2 in training camp. -Don't really understand why people think he's gonna be the 'veteran' backup up to Smith (putting an even more pointless knot into Kaep's development than if we had acquired Manning).

This move only signifies that Tolzien is either gone, or off to the practice squad. Harbaugh loves competition, wants the best guy to be motivated enough to succeed at even depth positions.

-In due-diligence Josh will be putting a fire under Kaep's ass, who will be putting a fire under Alex's ass. COMPETITION.

I see this as competition for kaepernick. If anyone thinks Alex won't be the starter next year you'd be delusional. I've never been high on kaepernick. I just don't see it. This proves me right. I'm not saying this proves it too all, but to me it does.
Originally posted by canadian49erfan:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
With kaep, Tolzien and Johnson I really don't see how Alex fits on this team

lol

This. "with 3 back up QBs I really don't see how our starting QB fits on the team!". lol
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by TampaBayNiner:
Living in Tampa and watching him play for the Bucs, I am not too happy about this signing. I know he has familiarity with Harbaugh but I'm pretty sure he has a win less record as a starter. Maybe 1 win but still.

Who gives a s**t

he won't see the field

Yeah Johnson will be a solid #3 to compete for the #2 in training camp. -Don't really understand why people think he's gonna be the 'veteran' backup up to Smith (putting an even more pointless knot into Kaep's development than if we had acquired Manning).

This move only signifies that Tolzien is either gone, or off to the practice squad. Harbaugh loves competition, wants the best guy to be motivated enough to succeed at even depth positions.

-In due-diligence Josh will be putting a fire under Kaep's ass, who will be putting a fire under Alex's ass. COMPETITION.

If the Manning situation didnt light a fire under Smith then I doubt Kap will
how is there going to be enough balls to go around?
I'm saying it right now. I'm not confident of Kaep being the #2. Josh Johnson may not be all that, but I feel better with him as #2 going into next year more than Kaep. 2 or 3 games here and there if Smith gets dinged up.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Mar 22, 2012 at 8:08 PM ]
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Big time shocker.....our FO is sneaky as a mofo.

Not sure how to read this? Most of what I know about JJ comes from the Zone. I can't really see this guy as veteran back up, because he really doesn't have much starting experience, right? I kind of see this as a direct assult on Kaeperpick. Ultimately however, the best QB will play. My thought is when/if they decide to go with Kaep next year, no way Smith stays as a back up, so its good to groom a guy with similar attributes to be the insurance policy if something happens. I dont think Harbuagh is thinking in terms of this year, but rather when its time to make a decision a year from now. Did I just totally contradict my first two sentences....

I think I speculated the same already, Bro.
Where do you think I got the idea......

great move. bye bye to that bum Tolzien. I still dont understand why everyone thinks he is so great off of one preseason game against us. It makes me laugh how some people are complaining about this signing like harbaugh is making a mistake by picking him up and cutting tolzien. hilarious Nate Davis and JTO all over again.
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Seriously. He's a small version of Tebow
He's just a scrub that will have to fight for the #3 spot with Tolzien. I don't get why people are so happy about him

lulz scrub

Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by Jcool:
What is with 49ers fans and loving unproven low round or undrafted QBs? First its Nate Davis now its Tolzien.....

That's what im saying... the f**k? people replying with, "YES" or, "NICE", I ask you:

He's just a scrub that will have to fight for the #3 spot with Tolzien. I don't get why people are so happy about him

Originally posted by okdkid:
Career Numbers for Josh Johnson:

Completions: 96
Attempts: 177
Comp. %: 54.2%
Pass. TD: 5
Int: 10
QB Rate.: 57.7
Rush. Att: 37
Rush Yds: 254
Rush TDs: 0
Fumbles: 8

lulz scrub

All of that is more than Kaep or Tolzien has done.
Originally posted by RDB4216:

lulz scrub

Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by Jcool:
What is with 49ers fans and loving unproven low round or undrafted QBs? First its Nate Davis now its Tolzien.....

That's what im saying... the f**k? people replying with, "YES" or, "NICE", I ask you:

Originally posted by okdkid:
Career Numbers for Josh Johnson:

Completions: 96
Attempts: 177
Comp. %: 54.2%
Pass. TD: 5
Int: 10
QB Rate.: 57.7
Rush. Att: 37
Rush Yds: 254
Rush TDs: 0
Fumbles: 8

lulz scrub

All of that is more than Kaep or Tolzien has done.

Also more then Luck and RGIII have done

I responded to Cohns article but its applicable here and im to lazy to type it again

Your take is pretty off-base. First he is at a minimum a quality camp arm and makes every rep that much better. Who was the additional Qb's of the past? A nobody from sacramento, a running QB from West virginia, and dyslexic Nate. In order for a team to build on its young foundation a coach has to ensure every rep counts… hard for receivers to work on their craft if they dont have talent throwing to them.

Second the most obvious point, competition. No its not that the niners arent satisfied with last years results… its that Alex is finally looked at as the guaranteed starter, so unlike in prior years he will not be playing much in preseason. That allows the staff to get a better look at their options behind Alex in game situations so why go into preseason with CK, Tolz, and random scrub. If you're gonna have 3 guys competing for 2 backup spots, why handicap it with a QB who's just a camp arm with no real shot at landing a spot.

JJ is familiar with Harbaughs system, runs a 4.5 40, throws 42 TD and only 1 interception in a season in his senior year at SD. Doesn't hold a candle to the beacon of light that is the great Scott Tolzien!
competition and another arm in camp for all the receivers we will hopefully be trying out. cant hurt, if he sucks he wont play, simple as that. smith is the starter until proven otherwise anyway
What bad blood? Hearing that Harbaugh, Alex Smith, Colin Kaepernick and newcomer Josh Johnson played racquetball together today.

https://twitter.com/#!/mattbarrows/status/183028322001887234

That's f**king awesome!
Share 49ersWebzone