LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 236 users in the forums

Any news on new Right Guard?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I read that the 49ers began contract talks with OT Geoff Schwartz, who visited yesterday. Has there been any developments?
  • pd24
  • Veteran
I use Axe
Originally posted by pd24:
I use Axe

body spray
Lost in the Alex Smith talk:

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/03/21/49ers-starting-contract-talks-with-ol-schwartz/

The 49ers didn't just get their starting quarterback signed Tuesday.

They also made progress on filling the only other hole in their starting lineup: right guard.

San Francisco hosted Panthers free agent offensive lineman Geoff Schwartz, 25, and the visit has inspired the start of contract talks his agent, Deryk Gilmore, said this morning. Schwartz, a Los Angeles native, grew up rooting for the 49ers.

San Francisco is looking for a replacement for right guard Adam Snyder, who signed with the Cardinals last week.

"We're excited — we think San Francisco could be a great fit," said Gilmore, who said Schwartz particularly enjoyed meeting Jim Harbaugh and quarterbacks coach Geep Chryst. "We have to reach agreement on little things. If we can do that, I could see him being a Niner blocking for Alex (Smith) … Hopefully, San Francisco knocks us out."

According to Gilmore, the two sides are at the beginning stages of contract talks. Schwartz is remaining in the Bay Area today, in part, due to his positive visit with the team and the possibility an agreement could be reached, Gilmore said. It also doesn't hurt that he has a free place to crash: His little brother is Cal offensive lineman and draft prospect Mitchell Schwartz.

A seventh-round pick of the Panthers in the 2008 draft, Schwartz (6-6, 331) sat out last year with a hip injury.

In 2010, he played every offensive snap (1,016) while starting 11 games at right guard and five at right tackle. He allowed four sacks, including just one in his final 11 starts, according to Pro Football Focus.

Schwartz has also visited the Vikings and Lions. His is tentatively scheduled to visit the Chiefs, Gilmore said.

Originally posted by pd24:
I use Axe

*sniff* I think you should switch:

Wow....Schwarts is huge
i also heard he wasnt fully healed from his injury.. hope thats not true..
If we sign Schwartz I don't see us having much left for holes. Think we go BPA in the draft after that?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I use spices.
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
Sure
speed stick

• Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by susweel:
I use spices.

this.
I use Old Spice.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
I really like this cat. Hopefully, he signs and can be our starting RG.
i dont use any, i like the smell of onions
Old Spice
Share 49ersWebzone