There are 252 users in the forums

And Finally.... Will... Alex... Smith.... MAKE THE PRO BOWL???

Shop Find 49ers gear online

And Finally.... Will... Alex... Smith.... MAKE THE PRO BOWL???

There's a good chance the team might have to lean on Smith to be pass happy if Gore's body can't keep up to a full season and Kendall Hunter end up so so as a backup/replacement roll. They need to get another RB in the draft. Smith might get the big numbers to get him a solid consideration as a PBowler
I don't see him making it, so, no. He's average at best.
Originally posted by leebert81:

correction
hes average at best when he was first year in limited off season with injured and depleted WR corps

we dont know how good he is at best with the same system 2 years in a row and even average WR corps because he hasnt had that yet
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by leebert81:

correction
hes average at best when he was first year in limited off season with injured and depleted WR corps

we dont know how good he is at best with the same system 2 years in a row and even average WR corps because he hasnt had that yet
Please not the 2 years in the same system excuse again. Remember how guys said let's bring back Jimmy Raye just so he can have some continuity. He's not a pro bowler.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
This year the excuse will be new receivers.

Worst thread ever....
Originally posted by lamontb:
Please not the 2 years in the same system excuse again. Remember how guys said let's bring back Jimmy Raye just so he can have some continuity. He's not a pro bowler.

Raye used/called the same plays of his limited playbook in his 2nd year. Smith actually did better with Johson replacing Raye. Roman's offense isn't as predictable with his play calling. Everyone agreed this is Smith's first competent coaching staff in years. So we should let it played out instead of making the comparison of Smith with previous coaching attempts.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Or he didn't play good because his feelings were hurt.
Originally posted by susweel:

Whatever. He didn't mope when people booed him. He wouldn't do that. But I know you're not totally serious.

Originally posted by lamontb:

did you not see the difference between the offense alex ran in 2009 and the offense in 2010?

in 2009 we spread the ball out and passed more 2010 we ran it up the gut every play most people wanted the 2009 offeense back but the playbook completely changed

what happened when raye was fired? MJ took over same system different plays 97 qb rating under MJ as OC - thats around pro bowl qb rating
I'm not sure the Niners will veer far from an error-free, ball control offense. I think they won't go for a WR in the 1st round. Perhaps they'll pick Fleener. Smith won't get enough passes to get the stats that gets All Star votes.
doubt it, but who cares? he' going to be playing in the Super Bowl.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by HessianDud:
doubt it, but who cares? he' going to be playing in the Super Bowl.

if this is true, it'll be because he stepped up his game considerably. I don't think our D or ST can play better than it did last season.
Originally posted by susweel:

Last year your excuses included 13-3, playoff win, six late game comebacks, 90+ rating, etc. So pretty much anything Smith does will work as your excuses.
Share 49ersWebzone