There are 168 users in the forums

Alex, Colin, and Scott: The Future of the QB Position

Shop Find 49ers gear online
That one flew right over your head.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
the future looks bright, IMO.

three young QB's, one of whom has already taken us to an NFCCG. Unknown potential in all of them. If Smith doesn't progress, Kaep gets a chance. If Smith does progress, we have great trade value at the game's most important position. Kaep now has the chance to develop at whatever pace is necessary for his development, but he also will get a chance to compete against Smith. Tolzien's career will be much shorter, since at 33 he will die for our sins, but in the meantime he is at worst a potentially solid #2.

(lol, solid #2).
For all the s**t talking I did this weekend, I agree with you.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
For all the s**t talking I did this weekend, I agree with you.
i did more s**t talking than you, so there
Originally posted by trizzil:

three young QB's, one of whom has already taken us to an NFCCG. Unknown potential in all of them. If Smith doesn't progress, Kaep gets a chance. If Smith does progress, we have great trade value at the game's most important position. Kaep now has the chance to develop at whatever pace is necessary for his development, but he also will get a chance to compete against Smith. Tolzien's career will be much shorter, since at 33 he will die for our sins, but in the meantime he is at worst a potentially solid #2.

(lol, solid #2).
33? If your talking about his age, he's 25

i'm talking about his destiny
I probably can sum up the next 5000 post

Alex - Get rid of him. He has not done anything. He is a bum
Colin - Great arm. Next Steve Young even if we haven't really seen him play.
Scott - Great decision making. Next Joe Montana even if we haven't really seen him play.

Backups are like pre ipo stock. High on potential, even if the earnings are negative.

Ok... thats about sums it up.

• sfout
  • Veteran

(lol, solid #2).

Trizzil, since you're new the Great Tolzien will forgive you for not knowing his almighty destiny. But please remember that Scott "The God-King" Tolzien will smite thee if there is further blasphemy.
Originally posted by MontanaSBGod:
I probably can sum up the next 5000 post

Alex - Get rid of him. He has not done anything. He is a bum
Colin - Great arm. Next Steve Young even if we haven't really seen him play.
Scott - Great decision making. Next Joe Montana even if we haven't really seen him play.

Backups are like pre ipo stock. High on potential, even if the earnings are negative.

Ok... thats about sums it up.

I guess you saved me some time. I was going to follow this thread, now meh....

Actually, there might be 4 or 5 other threads that you can say the same thing.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Kap will be starting by week 8.
Originally posted by susweel:

i wanna see colin play but even i dont think that will happen

Wager?

I bet fly something like that, but he never paid up.

Originally posted by sfout:

(lol, solid #2).

Trizzil, since you're new the Great Tolzien will forgive you for not knowing his almighty destiny. But please remember that Scott "The God-King" Tolzien will smite thee if there is further blasphemy.
This
Originally posted by sfout:

(lol, solid #2).

As is customary when asking for forgiveness from the great one you must high five the air repeatedly before you can be atoned for your sins

This is in the realm of possibility. Unfortunately, the defense would have to lay an egg for this to happen. Alex can simply breathe and keep CK off of the field. Alex's paying time really doesn't have too much to do with how he performs. The offense is set up that way.

One day the 49ers will have an actual QB. The beginning of next season, isn't that time.
These quarterbacks don't seem classy enough.
I mean, in a lot of ways this is good, it would have been weird to see everyone arguing about "Paytonexcuses" and debating whether Shaun Hill or Nate Davis were really better than PM. This way everyone keeps on doing what they're doing even if gire
Share 49ersWebzone