LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 371 users in the forums

NFL Bracketology. The Sweet 16 and beyond...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Hey guys,

I haven't seen any posts about this but I figured we could all help keep the scales in our favor.

The NFL has put together this bracket contest with 64 initial teams and now we're down to the Sweet 16. Six 49er teams were initially entered, including 5 in the "Bill Walsh" Bracket. As of right now we have 4 teams left. Both of the Niner teams that were knocked out suffered losses to 49er teams that advanced.

This goes on until March 30th and we have a new round every 2 days or so.

There is no way we should be anything less than the best 2 teams remaining (81 vs 84 49ers?)

http://www.nfl.com/features/bracketology/alltimeteams?round=3
Originally posted by ALLDONE:
Hey guys,

I haven't seen any posts about this but I figured we could all help keep the scales in our favor.

The NFL has put together this bracket contest with 64 initial teams and now we're down to the Sweet 16. Six 49er teams were initially entered, including 5 in the "Bill Walsh" Bracket. As of right now we have 4 teams left. Both of the Niner teams that were knocked out suffered losses to 49er teams that advanced.

There is no way we should be anything less than the best 2 teams remaining (81 vs 84 49ers?)

89 & 84 for sure. 81 not so much.
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Mar 20, 2012 at 4:21 PM ]
Good s**t! I saw this on TV and was wondering where all the Zoners were to back us up!
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

With the way the brackets are setup, that's the best possible outcome. They lumped 5 of our 6 teams into 1 bracket
Wow! Sure is nice to have 4 out of 16!

With the way the brackets are setup, that's the best possible outcome. They lumped 5 of our 6 teams into 1 bracket

That's b******t! It's clear the 49ers are the best franchise ever!
Originally posted by Howlett49:

That's b******t! It's clear the 49ers are the best franchise ever!

really though, how are they going to put 5 teams in one bracket

maybe cause they knew it would be an all 49er final four?!
'89 Niners. Blew EVERYONE out in the playoffs.
Hey guys,

Really? The 81 9ers started the dynasty, but they aren't among the top 5 teams . . . unless you count how exciting it felt.
Originally posted by sfniner:
Hey guys,

Really? The 81 9ers started the dynasty, but they aren't among the top 5 teams . . . unless you count how exciting it felt.

Yea, as I mentioned above it's the way the brackets are setup :)

Yeah seriously. Making all the niners teams play themselves was BS. Steve Young had to play Joe Montana in Rd. 2. Harldly appropriate. The 94 niners should have been a top seed in one of the brackets.
How do you vote? It might be my iPad but I'm trying to vote and it's not allowing me to. I can't stand that we play our own niners teams. Let Pitt in the 70s play each other and eliminate themselves. Too bad we have had the best teams.....89 was by far the best.
Got it. Wow we had to play ourselves 2 times and Pitt once. Talk about having a problem by having too many good teams
Elite 8... Time to destroy those 85 Bears

http://www.nfl.com/features/bracketology/alltimeteams?round=4

Defense? You can't defend us

BTW we're going to need all the help we can get and you can vote as many times as you want. Just keep refreshing the page.
[ Edited by ALLDONE on Mar 21, 2012 at 5:25 PM ]
Bears are beating us. Come on we can do better!
Share 49ersWebzone