There are 82 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

mike wallace topic on KNBR

so i am listening to the fitz and brooks show on KNBR and a caller just called in saying that he had either read/heard from matt maiocco that colin kaepernick has been throwing to mike wallace here in santa clara. Fitz said that he had not heard of that but then went off saying he would love it (he is all for the niners signing wallace.) I am just wondering if anyone here knows or has heard what the caller was talking about?
so i am listening to the fitz and brooks show on KNBR and a caller just called in saying that he had either read/heard from matt maiocco that colin kaepernick has been throwing to mike wallace here in santa clara. Fitz said that he had not heard of that but then went off saying he would love it (he is all for the niners signing wallace.) I am just wondering if anyone here knows or has heard what the caller was talking about?
I think the wallace to kaepernick thing was taken out of context. I doubt wallace was here.
Kapernick has been throwing to anthony dixon, Wallace is in florida
Caller is smoking some good ish....
ok thanks. like i said it was on KNBR and i didnt know if it was true so i figured i would ask
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
I could also call into KNBR and say the same thing
He was throwing to Cody Wallace.
I think the Mike Wallace thing is a trap, Steelers are gonna work hard to f**k over anybody who wants him at both Wallace and Pittsburgh's expense (ie, take your 1st round pick, f**k your cap up).
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Caller is smoking Crack. The headline was "Kaepernick throwing passes to Mike Wallace is a possibility worth exploring". Here is his tweet that is re vocalizing a thought by Peter King.

Matt Maiocco ‏ @MaioccoCSN Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Idea first floated by @SI_PeterKing in MMQB ... Could Mike Wallace be catching passes from 49ers QB Colin Kaepernick?http://bit.ly/xz7Xn6
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
He was throwing to Cody Wallace.

Yeah that O line guy thats not on the team!
Thanks to sfout.

And also the idea is from MMQB http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/03/19/signings/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_wr_a2

Mike Wallace. In the category of "remember where you heard this one,'' if the Niners save $8 million a year by not signing Smith and by paying Johnson a low 2012 cap number, I believe they'd consider making an offer for Pittsburgh's restricted free agent. San Francisco knows it would have to surrender the 30th pick plus a contract in the neighborhood of $8 million a year to get the speedy Wallace, because Pittsburgh would have the chance to match any deal offered to Wallace. This is a longshot, but don't be stunned to see it happen -- if Manning jilts San Francisco and Smith runs off too.