There are 221 users in the forums

Who do you WANT to be QB

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who do you WANT to be QB

Originally posted by excelsior:
I am going to repeat this one more time: In the last ten years, over 100 QBs have been drafted, and only one QB drafted in the 2nd round or lower has demonstrated that he is of starter quality, and that is Matt Schaub. Kap was the 6th QB drafted last year. In the last ten years no QB drafted 6th or lower is starting in the NFL today. You have to go back 12 years to Tom Brady to find one. I am sorry, but the cards are stacked against Kap. I hope he succeeds but I wouldn't count on it.

Sorry, but Andy Dalton was picked one pick in front of Kaepernick in the 2nd and put up 21 tds.
I say we go.with upside.and deep ball #7 Colin!
Originally posted by excelsior:
I am going to repeat this one more time: In the last ten years, over 100 QBs have been drafted, and only one QB drafted in the 2nd round or lower has demonstrated that he is of starter quality, and that is Matt Schaub. Kap was the 6th QB drafted last year. In the last ten years no QB drafted 6th or lower is starting in the NFL today. You have to go back 12 years to Tom Brady to find one. I am sorry, but the cards are stacked against Kap. I hope he succeeds but I wouldn't count on it.

Drew Brees is a pretty decent 2nd round qb. I think he was drafted 11 years ago.
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by NinerGold39:
Originally posted by napoleon:
I was all on the Alex train until he threw this little "$h!t fit" with the dolphins! the dude is mediocre, he can run, and he can think, but he can't throw deep (or throw quickly) so he can't stretch the field, and he can't play NFL ball. and he's not worth the bad press. if he wants an apology and a kiss on the a$$ then tough, he can go play bench warmer for the Browns!

Can't blame Alex. That's like your wife going away on a trip looking for a better husband, spends a week with him, gets dumped then comes back and says it didn't work out. Then she asks you to take her back.
Yes, but at least the guy she ran of with was a hansome billionaire, not some ugly unemployed fat slob.

No, its more like you had a breakup, but it was just for some time apart, and your wife taking that breakup time to go have a fling with a movie star. Once you learn about this, you try to go and have your own fling, but no one is giving you the time of day. Your wife is eventually dumped by the movie star, and comes back to you and says it would be best to be back together.
Andrew Luck.
Alex Smith, because I've done my research by reading the posts here and the overwhelming evidence is that he is a super talnted player with great character.
Josh Johnson, really?

I don't know why, but this is starting to bug the hell out of me. Josh Johnson? seriously? The same Johnson that can barely complete 50% of his passes and has thrown twice as many picks as TDs...??? That Josh Johnson? Ya, sounds like a great move. Sign him.
[ Edited by AKfanster on Mar 20, 2012 at 7:32 AM ]
I'm down with a CK 2012.
Originally posted by RayshawnJackson:
Alex Smith, because I've done my research by reading the posts here and the overwhelming evidence is that he is a super talnted player with great character.

Haha. I love he mockery. Alex is nothing special and I would love to move on from his story with the 49ers. I'm actually pretty excited to see what the young guns can do with all of this talent around them. CK has the tools and the coaches here, so lets give him a shot.
Originally posted by daragon:
Haha. I love he mockery. Alex is nothing special and I would love to move on from his story with the 49ers. I'm actually pretty excited to see what the young guns can do with all of this talent around them. CK has the tools and the coaches here, so lets give him a shot.

the caoches dont seem to intent on letting him start

Well daragon seems like he nothing but an Alex Smith hater. I don't know how you can hate a top flight QB and even better human being in Alex, but I guess some people are just born haters. I'm soglad we the webzone know way more about QB's and football than these other idiot NFL teams that didn't want Alex. In fact you know what....these other teams are just haters. Fact.
Kaep! Sign Wallace and give everyone a new contract: Bowman, Soap, Goldson, Lee, RJF, Brown.

Lock it up for a half decade!
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
For sure, or we could pick up Geoff Shwartz, sign Wallace, and draft Steeter in the 2nd

Who gets cut?
Originally posted by GetoThunderFist:
I love Alex Smith. But what can he do that Kapernick can't at this point? If Harbaugh uses Kap the same way as Smith, play within the gameplan, don't make mistakes...would we get a much different result? Honestly?

Same result, 1/7th of the price
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by GetoThunderFist:
I love Alex Smith. But what can he do that Kapernick can't at this point? If Harbaugh uses Kap the same way as Smith, play within the gameplan, don't make mistakes...would we get a much different result? Honestly?

Same result, 1/7th of the price

Kap looked like dookie in the preseason. What games have you guys been watching?
Share 49ersWebzone