There are 142 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who will replace Frank Gore in the coming year??

Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
I will always hate Jimmy Raye and Sing for running Gore into the crown on middling teams. Finally we are good and our "bell cow" is just about milked dry.
i think frank still has some milk left in his tits but you are right those jokers did alot of damage to this team. i think any third or fourth round draft pick can replace dixon and like i said earlier, in a pinch i think the rock can even get us a couple key yards such as third and one, which dixon could not do vs the giants. i know most are mad at kyle williams but jesus that really made me postal that he could pick that up,,,,, anyway back to topic, i think we can still milk franks tits for another two years before they run dry

Gire will replace him
Originally posted by Furlow:
Gire will replace him

Yea I Like our RB core with good oll Fronk Gire back there
DAVID WILSON!!!!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

Originally posted by qnnhan7:
i am trying to determine if the chick that is milking franks tits is hot
Kendall Hunter.

I see people on here saying over and over "Hunter isn't good enough to be our main back". I don't know why people doubt him. He averaged 4.2 yards/carry this season. He's just as physical as Gore and he's faster than Gore. Why does everybody think it will be anybody else?
Originally posted by Pomoj:
Kendall Hunter.

I see people on here saying over and over "Hunter isn't good enough to be our main back". I don't know why people doubt him. He averaged 4.2 yards/carry this season. He's just as physical as Gore and he's faster than Gore. Why does everybody think it will be anybody else?

He just isn't big enough to consistently run between the tackles. He is a great 'change-of-pace' back, but he is a complement to a primary RB. Wilson/Miller/Turbin could all be possibilities.

Even if we draft someone, we will start Frank, but continue to decrease his carries throughout the season.
Originally posted by Pomoj:
Kendall Hunter.

He just seems to be a solid all around player, but I dont know that he has any one extraordinary trait (speed,vision,quickness,strength) He's solid, but not great. I'm still waiting for a "wow play" before I'm ready to crown him.
Ncommand.....can we still get Fleener at our #1 with him running a 4.5 on his pro day or because the pro days usually run faster its more like a 4.6.

I like fleener a lot and the Niners could really use a BIG TARGET with range.

I don't think they will get a RB at 2.....I think a Guard or WR there.

Rb at 3 round or later.
I like Lamar Miller. Doug Martin is probably the most like Gore because he is an all around back, but he seems kind of slow in his first step. David Wilson doesn't take care of the rock at all, and Lamichael James is too much like Kendall Hunter. I like Millers size, breakaway speed, and quickness. I am not sure how well he blocks though. Still, if he is there in the second, and we have already taken care of our right guard situation, I would take him.
I have watched Jonathan Stewart play for the Ducks and Panthers. He is a great guy with great speed and power, but he has never had a year without ankle and foot injuries which make him miss games. I think he and DeAngelo Williams collectively make a complete back who can finish a season. Because of this, I think he should stay in Carolina.
Didn't Gore just have his second best season?
Originally posted by Youngone:
Didn't Gore just have his second best season?

I gotta think that stat is deceptive since this is the first season I can remember that Gore played in all 16 games. From a YPC I think it was below his average, but I'd have to check to confirm.
anyone whos watched him this past season in compared to the past seasons can tell. He's lost a step, isnt making any of the big plays that he did before and has been removing himself from games which isnt like Gore of old. Bottom line he wont be around much longer.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Bernard Pierce. 6'0'' 230 and runs a 4.39 40.

That sounds intriguing, but the various prospect boards have him listed as 218 lbs, not 230. They also describe him as a finese back, I think we need a power/punishing back for short yardage and goal line.