LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 155 users in the forums

49ers sign Mario Manningham

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by xela510:
Activate Chuck Jacobs

Maybe Chuck Jacobs and Patton can help fill the role. Time to develop the young guys and give them MM's reps.
Originally posted by Raul98:
Originally posted by xela510:
Originally posted by Raul98:
I'm just gonna come out and say it bring Moss back? for insurance to rotate with Patton.

Moss does not want to be on the 49ers lmao. He just said in a recent interview it was a bad experience for him.

I guess winning 10+ games and winning your division and coming with in 5 yards of winning a superbowl is a bad experience i guess it is when you want every ball thrown your way.

Well...clearly it would have been 16 wins and a ring if we had just thrown him the ball ever down and left the rest of the offense in to block.
manningham is going on IR and is done with the 49ers. sorry to say but his career is may over after the ACL and PCL tear on his knee
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
wiley's got some natural return skills (which would be unique to this team), so give him a shot. i want to see jacobs, also.
Good luck to him in his rehab and career in the future.

Somewhere else
[ Edited by Allx9er on Dec 27, 2013 at 7:40 PM ]
That sucks, what could've been if Manningham wouldn't have torn up his knee so bad last year...and we'll never get too see what a fully healthy Manningham / Crabtree / Boldin trio can do.

Would love to see some Chuck Jacobs...who by the way was a decent KR at Utah St.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by Chaoslord209:
Do we still have Baldwin?

We do, but he hasn't done much as of late.

He hasn't done much as of EVER.
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:

how the hell can a guy his size be on a team with boldin, VD and Crabs and not learn anything? guy must be lazy as f**k
I don't think he will be a 49er much longer. His career with us is likely over come the end of the season.

It's an unfortunate turn for a great guy. Manningham was always a cool dude.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I don't think he will be a 49er much longer. His career with us is likely over come the end of the season.
ya, he's done. contract up this season. why in the hell would we resign him? He's been hurt more than healthy.
This is an upgrade, at this point, Patton and BALDWIN are upgrades on MM. Time for Roman to feature these young wideouts more to open up space for Gore,VD and Boldin & Crabs to operate. Enough of the babying.
Originally posted by xtm059:
It's an unfortunate turn for a great guy. Manningham was always a cool dude.

It is sad...good dude and worked very hard to come back but he was tackled THROUGH his knee and it just exploded (anyone see that gig?). He may never be the same ever. The Niners tried to cover it up by keeping him inactive (illness) but we all saw the truth. He wasn't healthy yet. Too bad and he could have been a great weapon for us esp. from the slot but 99% of the balls will go to Crabtree, VD and Boldin anyhow so you might as well heal up and see if you can make an epic return next season. I tried to warn fans in the off season that it would be a small miracle if he came back at all, let alone to a level close to what he was at pre-injury. Eff you Seattle...Walker, Manningham, Ian Williams, etc. The NFL should check into the BOUNTY by Seattle now.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:

how the hell can a guy his size be on a team with boldin, VD and Crabs and not learn anything? guy must be lazy as f**k
Baldwin is de activated and will never wear a 49er uniform for some reason. Officially making the AJ Jenkins just that more useless. We got nothing from Jenkins and nothing from Baldwin.
Share 49ersWebzone