There are 129 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers sign Mario Manningham

Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
That's a bummer. I really liked manning ham...hopefully Patton can fill his spot. My bet is Patton doesn't even get a pass thrown his way.

Agreed. His first reads will always be boldin, crabs or VD. But if Patton does get some looks it will prove to me that Kap is getting a lot better at going through his progressions. Let's hope.
fill in Pattonham
Feel bad for Mario but I think has very little effect of the 49ers (at least right now). Time too see what Patton and even Osgood could do.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
I hope he can make it back next year with someone. I am excited to see Patton step up for the 49ers. He and Baldwin should be better prepared at this point in the season.
Jon Baldwin and Patton. I'm confident :v
it's ok he came back gave it a go and just didn't get healthy. no crime in that. he did suit and and give it a shot. hope he recovers fully
I have 2 points

1. As far as Manningham goes i feel bad for the guy hes a good dude and he was decent when he was playing. Hes not a make or brake receiver so letting him go at the end of the season isn't a huge deal. Hes not worth the cap money he cant stay healthy he can easily be replaced in the draft or FA.

2. My second point is a slightly off topic but worth mentioning now we have no real 3rd receiver this type of sh*t falls on Balkee he knew we were going to be short handed at receiver and did nothing about it. Boldin was more the 2 Harbaugh brothers.

Patton and Mcdonald and Osgood are in no way ready for a play off push right now but what makes me mad is Balkee knew we were very thin at receivers and good players for example Kennan Allen 66 Receptions 957 and 8 TD's were RIGHT THERE! on the board and Balkee drafts Mcdonald instead and players who never even saw the field this year. Knowing your so thin at a position and you do very little about it is confusing to me. And im afraid next year will be the same. They will cheap out not sign Boldin and his replacement will be another AJ Jenkins in the draft. I hope Harbaugh and staff have a more hands on approach on who we sign and don't not just Balkee.
His career as a 49er has been extremely disappointing.
Originally posted by Raul98:
I have 2 points

1. As far as Manningham goes i feel bad for the guy hes a good dude and he was decent when he was playing. Hes not a make or brake receiver so letting him go at the end of the season isn't a huge deal. Hes not worth the cap money he cant stay healthy he can easily be replaced in the draft or FA.

2. My second point is a slightly off topic but worth mentioning now we have no real 3rd receiver this type of sh*t falls on Balkee he knew we were going to be short handed at receiver and did nothing about it. Boldin was more the 2 Harbaugh brothers.

Patton and Mcdonald and Osgood are in no way ready for a play off push right now but what makes me mad is Balkee knew we were very thin at receivers and good players for example Kennan Allen 66 Receptions 957 and 8 TD's were RIGHT THERE! on the board and Balkee drafts Mcdonald instead and players who never even saw the field this year. Knowing your so thin at a position and you do very little about it is confusing to me. And im afraid next year will be the same. They will cheap out not sign Boldin and his replacement will be another AJ Jenkins in the draft. I hope Harbaugh and staff have a more hands on approach on who we sign and don't not just Balkee.

In his defense, we were tinner at TE than wide receiver going into training camp
The last time he'll wear a 9ers uniform IMO, just too injury prone his time with us
Josh Gordon would look real smart right about meow.
I have 2 points

i believe patton will step up he's a gamer. he just needs the opportunity.
Originally posted by kujon11:
I have 2 points

In his defense, we were tinner at TE than wide receiver going into training camp
True but that is cause they got cheap and didn't want to pay Walker say what you want about Walker but the dude could play look what he did for us last year. And Zach Ertz was also on the board and Niners passed on him a player from Harbaughs system at Standford who has better numbers so far this season than Mcdonald.
[ Edited by Raul98 on Dec 27, 2013 at 3:25 PM ]
Originally posted by mattster03:
Josh Gordon would look real smart right about meow.

we don't know what they were asking for him. so until that comes out we can't say whether or not we should have got him.

what if they wanted to fleece all of our top draft picks for him?

and then we'd have to resign him... we just don't know.

what we do know is that at least they TRIED which is all we can ask..our team doesn't just sit idle. baalke tried and was in talks with the browns so there is that to be encouraged about.

look at all these teams who don't have anything and don't even try to get someone..
I'm just gonna come out and say it bring Moss back? for insurance to rotate with Patton.