LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 229 users in the forums

49ers sign Mario Manningham

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Nice knowing ya Mario. Just couldn't recover from his injury, at least this season. Feel bad for ya dude.
49ers have some of the worst luck with Free agent WRs and drafting WRs. And trading for WRs (see Darrell Jackson and Jon Baldwin, not Boldin)
I knew this was a possibility and said so during the preseason. His knee was absolutely wrecked, even if he does come back and plays next season, I don't think he'll ever be the same again.
he was our only potential speed threat at WR going into the playoffs.... I was hoping he would be able to come back in a couple of weeks.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Dec 27, 2013 at 1:59 PM ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:
he was our only potential speed threat at WR going into the playoffs.... I was hoping he would be able to come back in a couple of weeks.

I think he lost his speed unfortunately. We have an open roster spot now, wonder who we bring up from PS
Ugh, this stings. I was hoping we'd rest him and he'd be ready in time for the playoffs. The way Harbs sounded in the presser made it seem like his career might be on the line which really sucks since he's still pretty young (28) and a talented guy. Just unfortunate all around.
Tough injury and a bad break for us.

Someone will have to step up.
This is a bummer, hopefully Mario gets his knee back to 100%, he hasn't looked same since he's been back.

Interested to see who we will bring up/in, do you think we bring on another WR or perhaps a different postion?
[ Edited by KegBert on Dec 27, 2013 at 2:08 PM ]
Tough luck! The signing that never really worked out.
Next man up.

Originally posted by pelos21:
Next man up.

LET'S GO PATTON!!! I really hope they start to actually use him. I've been dying to see him get the ball in his hands.
f**king dirt birds. Going high/low on a 199 pounnd WR. Cheap f**ks killed his career.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Mario just had nothing left. Let's go, Patton show us what you got.
Thanks for everything you did Mario. Good luck with whatever you're doing next year.
That's a bummer. I really liked manning ham...hopefully Patton can fill his spot. My bet is Patton doesn't even get a pass thrown his way.
Share 49ersWebzone