LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 324 users in the forums

49ers sign Mario Manningham

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
and their 3rd or 4th db is gonna be their 5th and 6th since two of their dudes got suspended for drugs recently. or are they still playing?

you never know with them. they have a way of not missing games

but that's going to be the case going forward against every team and ones who don't have db depth.
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by zillabeast:
I know he had a quiet day yesterday

But I truly do believe Mario is our secret weapon in next week's fight

he will be.

specifically in the 3wr sets with vd and gore/hunter in the game.

you have to guard vd
have to guard crab
have to guard boldin
that means a #3 or 4 db is going to be on manningham and that's a mismatch every single time.

Every week he's listed with his knee, suggesting he's still not at 100%, and Crabs, regardless of the 60 yd pass play, is also not at full go, so they're valuable, but not as much as they will be next season. Still , they will have to be contended with, won't they?
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Every week he's listed with his knee, suggesting he's still not at 100%, and Crabs, regardless of the 60 yd pass play, is also not at full go, so they're valuable, but not as much as they will be next season. Still , they will have to be contended with, won't they?

they are, especially crab. he demands top coverage because if you don't he will have a big game. boldin will be in the slot now and you still have to guard vd.

i think he has everything back but his speed which i think will be back this week.

he got his jitters out in the 1st series.

now he'll be worked into the offense now that he's got his feet under him after this 1st game
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by 4evrfan:

they are, especially crab. he demands top coverage because if you don't he will have a big game. boldin will be in the slot now and you still have to guard vd.

i think he has everything back but his speed which i think will be back this week.

he got his jitters out in the 1st series.

now he'll be worked into the offense now that he's got his feet under him after this 1st game

You have no clue what it's like to blow out your achillies tendon. It's amazing he's actually on the field so soon. His speed(quickness would be a better word) will not be back anytime soon. For both mental and physical reasons........
[ Edited by aTx49er on Dec 2, 2013 at 8:24 PM ]
Originally posted by aTx49er:
You have no clue what it's like to blow out your achillies tendon. It's amazing he's actually on the field so soon. His speed(quickness would be a better word) will not be back anytime soon. For both mental and physical reasons........

we'll see
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
IGN ‏@IGN

San Francisco @49er Mario Manningham chats with our very own @Bobbya1984 about how realistic Madden can be. http://go.ign.com/18oaICy
Originally posted by zillabeast:
I know he had a quiet day yesterday

But I truly do believe Mario is our secret weapon in next week's fight

unless he gets his knee taken out again
Mario will be an ace in this game.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
fragile, stained glass ass muthaf**ka. LET PATTON PLAY!

• Buchy
  • Veteran
I don't think he's gonna make it for tomorrow and I am pretty sure his knee is not 100%.

Bust
Originally posted by Buchy:
I don't think he's gonna make it for tomorrow and I am pretty sure his knee is not 100%.

It's really unfortunate. I think he tried to get back to help the team, but he isn't ready. What's worse is that he's a free agent this offseason. I could see him signing a veteran minimum one year deal from us or another team to prove he still has it.
Bububub I thought his knee was stronger than the other one.
Its not just his knee he contracted an illness
Probably done as a Niner after this season unless he really lights it up in the playoffs
Share 49ersWebzone