LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 284 users in the forums

49ers sign Mario Manningham

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by mustangmele:
When you watch his interview today you can tell he's not 100%. He's beating around the bush with questions about his strength being back.

that's definitely not the impression i got watching it. in fact he said if he wasn't close to 100% he wouldn't be playing sunday...

You said it yourself. He's "close" to 100%, which means not full strength. I think he'll do a good job, but he might be a little inconsistent for a game or two.
When you watch his interview today you can tell he's not 100%. He's beating around the bush with questions about his strength being back.

that's definitely not the impression i got watching it. in fact he said if he wasn't close to 100% he wouldn't be playing sunday...

You said it yourself. He's "close" to 100%, which means not full strength. I think he'll do a good job, but he might be a little inconsistent for a game or two.

I LOLed when he said the knee he had surgery on is stronger than his other one. That struck me very funny for some reason but he sounds ready and raring to go to make a significant contribution in the next game and from Crabtree's interview I got the sense he's ready to play in about 3 weeks. The rest of the NFC are going to gradually start sh***ing their pants, except for Seadderal of course because they're in self-denial.

you made it sound like he's 60% or something, the point is he's close, or else he wouldn't be playing

you made it sound like he's 60% or something, the point is he's close, or else he wouldn't be playing

My guess is he's 86.07% ready.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Just his mere presence on the field will elevate the passing game...
Originally posted by ninerjok:

I LOLed when he said the knee he had surgery on is stronger than his other one. That struck me very funny for some reason but he sounds ready and raring to go to make a significant contribution in the next game and from Crabtree's interview I got the sense he's ready to play in about 3 weeks. The rest of the NFC are going to gradually start sh***ing their pants, except for Seadderal of course because they're in self-denial.

A lot of the time people will feel that surgically repaired knees are stronger than their other one. You always hear athletes saying "it's come back feeling stronger than before " etc plus the amount of rehab they do to stabilize and support that area would lead to an increase in strength that wasn't there before.
Boldin.... Manningham, damn.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Boldin.... Manningham, damn.

+ crabs + patton + vd

who can stop us? nooooobody!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Welcome back, Mario we need you back.

Originally posted by Aussie49ah:
Originally posted by ninerjok:

A lot of the time people will feel that surgically repaired knees are stronger than their other one. You always hear athletes saying "it's come back feeling stronger than before " etc plus the amount of rehab they do to stabilize and support that area would lead to an increase in strength that wasn't there before.
Yeah this is pretty common...and it seems like its actually very true. You have to figure that leading up the tear there is damage slowly amassing in the affected area, then when it finally goes you get a chance to clean up all the other minor issues with the joint, plus the newly healed areas of the body are often the strongest and if there is a total replacement they frequently use a stronger tendon/ligament, and this is before you even take into account rehab and the work that goes into strengthening the surrounding muscle. That is why many pitchers actually want Tommy John surgery, they come back stronger.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Welcome back, Mario we need you back.

Well said mayo49
Welcome back mario!
I know he had a quiet day yesterday

But I truly do believe Mario is our secret weapon in next week's fight
Originally posted by zillabeast:

he will be.

specifically in the 3wr sets with vd and gore/hunter in the game.

you have to guard vd
have to guard crab
have to guard boldin
that means a #3 or 4 db is going to be on manningham and that's a mismatch every single time.
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by zillabeast:

he will be.

specifically in the 3wr sets with vd and gore/hunter in the game.

you have to guard vd
have to guard crab
have to guard boldin
that means a #3 or 4 db is going to be on manningham and that's a mismatch every single time.

and their 3rd or 4th db is gonna be their 5th and 6th since two of their dudes got suspended for drugs recently. or are they still playing?
Share 49ersWebzone