49ers sign Mario Manningham

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by matt49er:
Mario has to be activated by next week due to the 3 week rule correct?

By Monday

He had good chemistry with Kap before he got hurt.

Yeah, I know, just having Mario to go with Boldon gives us a respectable twosome until we get Crabs back.

By Monday

I actually read that it is Tuesday for both Manningham and Wright.
I actually read that it is Tuesday for both Manningham and Wright.

Yeah it's Tuesday according to Maiocco but since we get Tuesdays off on a regular week and practice/go over film Mondays most of us are figuring they would want them back for that. The vets all got off through Monday so just makes sense they would want them back practicing with the rest of the team. Not sure we if they will give the players off Tuesday like a normal week since they got off all this week. My guess is no and will just be one more day to prepare for Carolina.
I don't predict mario to make a very big difference. I think he'll get open, and I think he'll provide some speed and the ability to actually catch the ball however, with our offense going the way it is...there most likely won't be a huge shift there.

I think they will be instilling some things that are new...adapting to what defenses are doing, I think that is what I'm' looking forward to most...and I WOULD love to see mario and Kap hook up for some 6 pointers...we'll see. Go niners
he's baaaaaaaack
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
I don't predict mario to make a very big difference. I think he'll get open, and I think he'll provide some speed and the ability to actually catch the ball however, with our offense going the way it is...there most likely won't be a huge shift there.

I think they will be instilling some things that are new...adapting to what defenses are doing, I think that is what I'm' looking forward to most...and I WOULD love to see mario and Kap hook up for some 6 pointers...we'll see. Go niners

him being on the field as a legit threat free's boldin up and davis up. and if they don't respect him he'll make them pay.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
him being on the field as a legit threat free's boldin up and davis up. and if they don't respect him he'll make them pay.

Exactly. Manningham is a good route runner and has great hands. Those two things alone have been completely missing from our #2 all season.
Originally posted by Disp:
Exactly. Manningham is a good route runner and has great hands. Those two things alone have been completely missing from our #2 all season.

He beats coverage right off the line of scrimmage and gets quick separation, that is HUGE.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

He beats coverage right off the line of scrimmage and gets quick separation, that is HUGE.

He used to do that. I think we need to see him do that again after the injury before we can start counting on that.

yuppp

Originally posted by StOnEy333:

He used to do that. I think we need to see him do that again after the injury before we can start counting on that.

I expect him to be rusty. It would be awesome for him to just light it up mid season form like before he got hurt but we will probably just run the ball a lot anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy just as much as the next man that Ham is back, but lets bump some threads from the 2011 NFC Championship Game and see if all this love fro Ham was reciprocated.
Lehhsss Gooo Rio!! Lehhsss do work!! U bettah skin dem puss¥Cats this Sunday.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

By Monday

He had good chemistry with Kap before he got hurt.

Yeah, I know, just having Mario to go with Boldon gives us a respectable twosome until we get Crabs back.

Soon enough, it's gonna be a fearsome threesome
its great to have him back. we're not talking about a world beater here, just 3 or 4 plays a game to take attention off of our super stars.
Share 49ersWebzone