LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 230 users in the forums

49ers sign Mario Manningham

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Aldon is activated to the 53 taking spot left by Moore. When is Manningham going to get bumped up. I sure hope he plays next game.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Aldon is activated to the 53 taking spot left by Moore. When is Manningham going to get bumped up. I sure hope he plays next game.

I thought he had to be activated after three weeks of practice or go on IR?
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by SportsFan:

I thought he had to be activated after three weeks of practice or go on IR?

He will get activated before Nov 4
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Even if he's not 100%, his presence once again spreads s**t out, players respect his skills (post-injury or not), just like Crabs.

We're finally starting to be where we want to, and we didn't lose a whole lot to get there, so proud of this team. -This has to be my fav niner squad under the Harbaugh era, it's showing the type of pedigree/mettle you usually see in SB winners.

and at the very very very least,, he can take those double teams off boldin

at the very very very least we will FINALLY have a reciever who will take advantage of single coverage when Boldin is being doubled
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Even if he's not 100%, his presence once again spreads s**t out, players respect his skills (post-injury or not), just like Crabs.

We're finally starting to be where we want to, and we didn't lose a whole lot to get there, so proud of this team. -This has to be my fav niner squad under the Harbaugh era, it's showing the type of pedigree/mettle you usually see in SB winners.

and at the very very very least,, he can take those double teams off boldin

at the very very very least we will FINALLY have a reciever who will take advantage of single coverage when Boldin is being doubled

at the very very very very least we will have a player who can do a better job on reverse-plays.
how long has he been practicing or has he not had any yet?
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
[ Edited by LVJay on Oct 31, 2013 at 7:00 PM ]
Maiocco on his twitter said Manningham and Wright will be activated before Tuesday.

He has been practicing for a few weeks now. We might see him limited against the Panthers. Then by the Saints game might be full go.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 31, 2013 at 7:00 PM ]
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
I can't wait to see what mario brings to the table. If I remember correctly...when Colin took over last year, he went to mario about 4-6 times a game...I remember him trying to get to him during the bears game I think?

He was the #2 receiver overall but really had a rapport with Kaep after he took over
He going to help us. I think we have discovered that Colin doesn't trust Kyle Williams, but he does trust Manningham. I remember he was getting a lot of targets last year. He and Crabs will bring the passing game to another level.

I wish they would use LaMichael james more as a pass catcher on screens and an occasional Fly Sweep, that play is worth an easy 10 to 15 yard pop twice a game with the chance to pop a really big one every couple games.

Does anyone know when Crabtree is scheduled to return? End of October?

Originally posted by Oldschool9erfan:
He going to help us. I think we have discovered that Colin doesn't trust Kyle Williams, but he does trust Manningham. I remember he was getting a lot of targets last year. He and Crabs will bring the passing game to another level.

I wish they would use LaMichael james more as a pass catcher on screens and an occasional Fly Sweep, that play is worth an easy 10 to 15 yard pop twice a game with the chance to pop a really big one every couple games.

Does anyone know when Crabtree is scheduled to return? End of October?

Because James isn't a pass catcher and he's a terrible pass blocker. He averaged 17 receptions a season at Oregon and rarely pass blocked.

Stop trying to make James into Sproles. They are completely different players.
He'll play next week against the Panties. Hopefully he'll rip them a new one but I'll be satisfy with 3 or 4 catches to start off with.
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
I can't wait to see what mario brings to the table. If I remember correctly...when Colin took over last year, he went to mario about 4-6 times a game...I remember him trying to get to him during the bears game I think?

He was the #2 receiver overall but really had a rapport with Kaep after he took over

This. They looked to have a natural connection until the stupid Saints happened.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
He'll play next week against the Panties. Hopefully he'll rip them a new one but I'll be satisfy with 3 or 4 catches to start off with.

I'll be satisfied if he doesn't catch a single pass but teams actually put out effort in defending him unlike some of the other #2 WR candidates.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:

I'll be satisfied if he doesn't catch a single pass but teams actually put out effort in defending him unlike some of the other #2 WR candidates.

Even if he plays and is limited this game I would think at worst he would be a good decoy and at least take some of the pressure off Boldin and Davis which our other WRs really haven't. Him just being out there makes us better. Kind of like Vernon in the Rams game compared to the Colts game. Although he did catch a TD he was definitely not 100 percent. Maybe Manningham doesn't have that kind of presence but no matter what should be able to be more of a concern to the defense than Williams, Moore and Baldwin have been.
Share 49ersWebzone