LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 212 users in the forums

49ers sign Mario Manningham

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Also interesting to note the style of WRs we've signed....Moss, Manningham and Ginn (though of course more of a STer) are all known for their speed/ability to get vertical, and not necessarily their blocking or ability/willingness to go over the middle. Bodes well for those of us who want to see our WRs get down the field, giving our TEs more room to navigate underneath against linebackers.

Dont forget about Crabtree, he will probably move to the slot now and work the middle of the field
All of a sudden , the Mario signing looks like a great value deal. Before everyone was comparing Mario and morgan, and they are probably about equal, but looking at the contracts, they defintely weren't . Morgan got lucky with.....Danny Snyder. Wow. What a sucker the Skins owner is.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Also interesting to note the style of WRs we've signed....Moss, Manningham and Ginn (though of course more of a STer) are all known for their speed/ability to get vertical, and not necessarily their blocking or ability/willingness to go over the middle. Bodes well for those of us who want to see our WRs get down the field, giving our TEs more room to navigate underneath against linebackers.

Moss is the X factor if he can come in give us something especially in the red zone it would do wonders for VD's numbers.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Matt Barrows ‏ @mattbarrows
The details on QB Josh Johnson's two-year deal with the #49ers ... http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/03/qb-johnsons-deal-two-years-for-essentially-2-million.html

awesome valrod.
f**kin love our front office
Originally posted by RonMexico:

prove it

Dont forget about Crabtree, he will probably move to the slot now and work the middle of the field

Kinda sad, but I did forget about him....but you're right, it gives him the opportunity to work more one-on-one against nickel corners. Bottom line, I definitely like what we did this off-season in not just adding new WR personnel, but giving us an entirely new dimension to the offense.
I think Johnson's base salaries are $750K(2012) and $765K(2013). $925K (2012) Salary and $1.075M (2013) salary if correct.
Originally posted by RonMexico:

prove it

Like I said, chess vs checkers....

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

you're good
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

you're good

Thanks! Nothing like positive reinforcement from the internet.....
Giants fan on Manningham's contract details...

http://boards.giants.com/forums/thread/2526465.aspx
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Lol at the Alex bashing.

See folks that's the perception around the league.
Originally posted by susweel:

Lol at the Alex bashing.

See folks that's the perception around the league.

one dude gave him props on there. not really worried about what a bunch of stupid new yorkers think.
Share 49ersWebzone