LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 225 users in the forums

49ers sign Mario Manningham

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Manningham: a thread about how fat Peyton Manning is.

I know man. WTF?

You win at trolling with sarcasm.

So how long until we turn on Manningham and Moss? How long until we look at their "numbers" and blame "them" for Alex not passing it to them? That is what we do around here right?

Dirty
Originally posted by Dirty9er:
So how long until we turn on Manningham and Moss? How long until we look at their "numbers" and blame "them" for Alex not passing it to them? That is what we do around here right?

Dirty

Yep. Its been going on Alex's entire career. We have never had a dominant WR where the blame would automatically shift to QB, but we have had a plethora of WR's come and go and none of them produced squat.

This is where WR's come to die. Will Mario and Randy end that trend?
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
how much monies we paying him?
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by danimal:

Dirty

Yep. Its been going on Alex's entire career. We have never had a dominant WR where the blame would automatically shift to QB, but we have had a plethora of WR's come and go and none of them produced squat.

I can only think of one reciever thats left and actually done something, and even then his career was mediocre and thats Antonio Bryant.

Every other receiver has sucked elsewhere... Ashley Lelie, Darnell Jackson, Bryant Johnson, Arnaz Battle, blah blah blah blah blah
Originally posted by modninerfan:

Dirty

I can only think of one reciever thats left and actually done something, and even then his career was mediocre and thats Antonio Bryant.

Every other receiver has sucked elsewhere... Ashley Lelie, Darnell Jackson, Bryant Johnson, Arnaz Battle, blah blah blah blah blah

I agree. Its just weird, because many of them were doing something decent just before that got here.

Anyway, we have had a horrible run on WR's, and Randy Moss and Mario Manningham could be next

Dirty

I agree. Its just weird, because many of them were doing something decent just before that got here.

Anyway, we have had a horrible run on WR's, and Randy Moss and Mario Manningham could be next

Moss could fade away just because he didn't do anything the last year he actually played. But I have confidence that Manningham will work out as at least a good #2. He is a good young receiver who had good numbers before he got overshadowed by Cruz(who has more or less become a superstar). But it's not like we have Nicks and Steve Smith(when he was with NYG before he got injured), or Nicks and Cruz, to take the ball away from him. He's pretty quick and can also get downfield well. Alex just needs to throw him the ball. Also, he can make some stuff happen on bubble screens.
  • mod
  • Veteran

Dirty

I'm not gonna lie, it wouldnt surprise me if both turn out to be duds... I think some WR's are just products of their previous teams like Lelie and DJax... some were on the back end of their careers like Bruce and others had potential but turned out to be busts like Brandon Williams, Bryant Johnson, Brandon Jones... I'm kind of anxious to see what happens to Braylon Edwards and Josh Morgan... is Morgan just a product of the 49ers like Battle was? or was our offense holding him up? he did have a good start in 2011 before he got hurt.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran

Lets hope not!

Well lets all just see how Alex performs in his 2nd year under the same coordinator. He can only get better, can't get worse. Its been a looong time since we've had star WR's, let alone 2 or 3 at once. Last year, none of our WR's scared anyone. This year we have 2 that can stretch the field with speed. Along with Gore and Davis, I have high hopes for the offense.

The one thing I'm concerned about is the intensity of the defense. I hope they come out on day 1 with the same intensity so the offense can work off of that. Just because we got Moss and Manningham, doesn't mean the defense can lax a bit. If the defense can do what they did last year and the offense step up, playoffs!.

We'll have to, we have a tougher schedule next season.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Baldie:

Lets hope not!

Well lets all just see how Alex performs in his 2nd year under the same coordinator. He can only get better, can't get worse. Its been a looong time since we've had star WR's, let alone 2 or 3 at once. Last year, none of our WR's scared anyone. This year we have 2 that can stretch the field with speed. Along with Gore and Davis, I have high hopes for the offense.

The one thing I'm concerned about is the intensity of the defense. I hope they come out on day 1 with the same intensity so the offense can work off of that. Just because we got Moss and Manningham, doesn't mean the defense can lax a bit. If the defense can do what they did last year and the offense step up, playoffs!.

We'll have to, we have a tougher schedule next season.

dont say that... It could be a lot worse than last year

I'm not gonna lie, it wouldnt surprise me if both turn out to be duds... I think some WR's are just products of their previous teams like Lelie and DJax... some were on the back end of their careers like Bruce and others had potential but turned out to be busts like Brandon Williams, Bryant Johnson, Brandon Jones... I'm kind of anxious to see what happens to Braylon Edwards and Josh Morgan... is Morgan just a product of the 49ers like Battle was? or was our offense holding him up? he did have a good start in 2011 before he got hurt.

Actually to focus back on Manningham. I started to observe especially last season if not even the season before. The NY Giants seem to always have a very good WR corp, and it seems their FA's go on to do nothing while their replacement is the next great WR.

We have a a bad run on WR's.

But we also are not picking good ones either. They are either too old, or young but unproven outside of their former team.
  • mod
  • Veteran

Actually to focus back on Manningham. I started to observe especially last season if not even the season before. The NY Giants seem to always have a very good WR corp, and it seems their FA's go on to do nothing while their replacement is the next great WR.

We have a a bad run on WR's.

But we also are not picking good ones either. They are either too old, or young but unproven outside of their former team.

I'm expecting 400-600 yards from this guy... Crabtree is the one I expect to move to around 900-1100 yards... I figure Moss and Davis will be around 700.

All in all about 3600 yards from Smith.
I'm expecting 400-600 yards from this guy... Crabtree is the one I expect to move to around 900-1100 yards... I figure Moss and Davis will be around 700.

All in all about 3600 yards from Smith.

Sign me up!
SUPERBOWL!
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by sfout:
You are aware that Eli Manning has more arm strength then Alex Smith does right?

Wrong. Have you seen the size of Alex's muscles compared to Eli?

Muscle size doe not indicate arm strength, shows how much you know. Peyton Manning has been a blob of jello for his entire career and he could out throw nearly anyone, same with Brady. Muscle Memory matters more then size.

Wrong again Charles.

damn what a difference from being 22 to being 36

?

Share 49ersWebzone