There are 100 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers sign Mario Manningham

Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by danimal:
Here is how I see it. I have a hard time comparing what we are excited about now to what we really had in our last game.

We were pretty excited last year with the thoughts of Crabs, Edwards & Morgan. And we were all let down.

I for one was not looking to just upgrade over the season productivity, but also upgrade our excitment level over last off season.

Crabs, Manningham & Moss == Crabs, Edwards & Morgan in terms of looking forward. We could be as equally let down this time next year with this group
i get your points.i just am thinking(and hopefully right) that there is no way in gods green earth we can not have a edwards2 situation on our hands with one of those guys.i also understand that the stench of every free agent wide out we ever signed under former coaches were disasters and its hard to forget that stuff.My daughter did raise the red flags on edwards and she was right due to his history and we all know what moss has done before but i hope we can do with him what the pats did with him. If i am wrong oh well, it will not the first time i have went out on the ledge but i do not want to be wrong cuz that would be bad for the team

I get it. Randy's age bothers me ALOT tho. I think he will be 36 by Sept! Anyway, WR's =>35 not named Rice are non factors to me.

Also unfortunately for me, no rookie WR is going to excite me, because rookie WR's not named Randy Moss are non factors to me.

I hope I am wrong too but I can't fake excitement, and only Wallace can bring me that at this point
Here are some stats from WRs over the age of 35 in NFL history
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/61505/what-precedent-says-about-randy-moss
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
Originally posted by valrod33:
I think he will wear #88

Brian Jennings will sell him #86

Jennings is gonna get cut

  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,058
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
There will be at least one rookie WR plus Coby Fleener at TE, so they'll be quite a bit better off.
i really hope you are right with fleener, i know nothing about college football but the smart people like you who do have convinced me that the mis matches we could create with he and vernon are mind boggling! then you get mcnutt in the second round or if ginn leaves, get a nice wide out who can return kicks
Originally posted by Amir:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Does anyone know this guy's charachter?

Dummy?

Thug life?

Stand up guy?

He tends to wear hoodies, so he's a thug as far as im concerned.


Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Does anyone know this guy's charachter?

Dummy?

Thug life?

Stand up guy?

sounds like a good dude from those quotes valrod posted. doesn't sound dumb either. but idk.

But his brother Wario is another story.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,058
Originally posted by valrod33:
Jennings is gonna get cut
should i get ready to bust out one of my sunday and monday posts when I was insane?
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
Originally posted by valrod33:
I think he will wear #88

Brian Jennings will sell him #86

Jennings is gonna get cut


Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by danimal:
Here is how I see it. I have a hard time comparing what we are excited about now to what we really had in our last game.

We were pretty excited last year with the thoughts of Crabs, Edwards & Morgan. And we were all let down.

I for one was not looking to just upgrade over the season productivity, but also upgrade our excitment level over last off season.

Crabs, Manningham & Moss == Crabs, Edwards & Morgan in terms of looking forward. We could be as equally let down this time next year with this group
i get your points.i just am thinking(and hopefully right) that there is no way in gods green earth we can not have a edwards2 situation on our hands with one of those guys.i also understand that the stench of every free agent wide out we ever signed under former coaches were disasters and its hard to forget that stuff.My daughter did raise the red flags on edwards and she was right due to his history and we all know what moss has done before but i hope we can do with him what the pats did with him. If i am wrong oh well, it will not the first time i have went out on the ledge but i do not want to be wrong cuz that would be bad for the team

I get it. Randy's age bothers me ALOT tho. I think he will be 36 by Sept! Anyway, WR's =>35 not named Rice are non factors to me.

Also unfortunately for me, no rookie WR is going to excite me, because rookie WR's not named Randy Moss are non factors to me.

I hope I am wrong too but I can't fake excitement, and only Wallace can bring me that at this point
Here are some stats from WRs over the age of 35 in NFL history
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/61505/what-precedent-says-about-randy-moss

This is quite interesting. Moss should do good this year. I have no doubt Moss still has the physical talent to excel, my only concern is what is between his ears. I am hopeful the passion to play in the NFL, set more records and win a Superbowl will satisfy his needs.
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by backontop:
We still don't have a WR like him. Apparently he hasn't signed his contract yet and can still walk away and sign with another team. No Manning= No Manningham

I'm sure thats it, because it wasn't like he agreed to terms prior to Manning being linked to the 49ers or anything.

you don't think that Manning came up in the conversation they had when they brought him in?

If you recall at the time the 49ers did not have a starting QB. As a WR I'm sure he asked "who is going to be throwing me the ball"

We'll revisit this exchange in a week and see who overreacted based off speculation.

who is overreacting? I'm simply stating facts! He hasn't signed his contract yet so as for now he is not currently a 49er.

You stated that Manningham wasn't going to sign his contract because Manning signed with the Broncos.

This is a falsity rooted in speculation. Not fact.

  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,058
Originally posted by LoboLtnLvr49er:
This is quite interesting. Moss should do good this year. I have no doubt Moss still has the physical talent to excel, my only concern is what is between his ears. I am hopeful the passion to play in the NFL, set more records and win a Superbowl will satisfy his needs.

well diva wide outs usually do well when you give them a one year deal plus i think he does respect our coach so i am hoping those intangibles will mean alot
Originally posted by redrathman:

WTF is Goldust doing there to him, almost looks like he is forcing him to su....... oh shouldn't say it.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Jennings is gonna get cut
should i get ready to bust out one of my sunday and monday posts when I was insane?

When?

I thought your insanity was constant.

I kid, I kid.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by LoboLtnLvr49er:
This is quite interesting. Moss should do good this year. I have no doubt Moss still has the physical talent to excel, my only concern is what is between his ears. I am hopeful the passion to play in the NFL, set more records and win a Superbowl will satisfy his needs.

well diva wide outs usually do well when you give them a one year deal plus i think he does respect our coach so i am hoping those intangibles will mean alot

me too
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,058
Originally posted by LoboLtnLvr49er:
When?

I thought your insanity was constant.

I kid, I kid.
you may be closer to the truth than you realize. insanity did run through my family, it practically galloped
I'm already sensing character issues with this guy.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/03/22/manningham-possibility-of-playing-with-peyton-wasnt-a-factor/?tsp=1




OK, here we go:

* For starters, let's begin with the end. Manningham concluded the call by saying, "Thanks for interviewing me."
What a condescending prick! I can definitely sense that this guy is a sarcastic cat.


* Manningham's signing was reported Saturday, but he didn't officially sign his contract until today. Why the delay? Manningham was vague, but indicated some of the details of the deal were being worked out.

"Just details and talking and things," he said.


Too busy with the Manning watch and hoping he could pad his fantasy stats knowing that he's gonna go up against a washed up Moss and an overrated Crabtree.


* Manningham said the possibility of playing with Peyton Manning didn't factor into his decision to sign with the Niners.

"It didn't," he said. "I wanted to go there and I knew that Peyton Manning was going to go somewhere. I thought he was coming to the 49ers, but he didn't. He went to Denver. But good luck to him with that. I wish the best for him. We've got Alex Smith and I know he's a great player. He played good last year."

Liar! That's along the lines of Alex saying he would have relished competing against Peyton for the starting QB job here.


* Manningham said San Francisco's defense was a factor in his decision. Manningham faced the Niners twice last year as a member of the Giants.

"They swarm," he said. "And they hit you. They cover you. I feel like they've got the best linebacking corps in the league."

He's a p***y and doesn't wanna get hit by Patrick Willis.
Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:
I'm already sensing character issues with this guy.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/03/22/manningham-possibility-of-playing-with-peyton-wasnt-a-factor/?tsp=1



Quote:

OK, here we go:

* For starters, let's begin with the end. Manningham concluded the call by saying, "Thanks for interviewing me."
What a condescending prick! I can definitely sense that this guy is a sarcastic cat.


Quote:
* Manningham's signing was reported Saturday, but he didn't officially sign his contract until today. Why the delay? Manningham was vague, but indicated some of the details of the deal were being worked out.

"Just details and talking and things," he said.


Too busy with the Manning watch and hoping he could pad his fantasy stats knowing that he's gonna go up against a washed up Moss and an overrated Crabtree.
Quote:


* Manningham said the possibility of playing with Peyton Manning didn't factor into his decision to sign with the Niners.

"It didn't," he said. "I wanted to go there and I knew that Peyton Manning was going to go somewhere. I thought he was coming to the 49ers, but he didn't. He went to Denver. But good luck to him with that. I wish the best for him. We've got Alex Smith and I know he's a great player. He played good last year."

Liar! That's along the lines of Alex saying he would have relished competing against Peyton for the starting QB job here.

Quote:

* Manningham said San Francisco's defense was a factor in his decision. Manningham faced the Niners twice last year as a member of the Giants.

"They swarm," he said. "And they hit you. They cover you. I feel like they've got the best linebacking corps in the league."

He's a p***y and doesn't wanna get hit by Patrick Willis.

Wow some of you have gone full on vaginal since FA started. He said nothing wrong in any of that interview. And There's nothing that points out character flaws


Stop looking for s**t