There are 163 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers sign Mario Manningham

Originally posted by cciowa:
I must be on an island all by myself but i think if the season started today, we are in much better shape wide out wise as compared to when we last played a game.Moss at 35 is better at catching a ball and commanding respect from an extra safety than ginn ever was or even morgan. Why the hate for manningham?the man can catch, he is a winner, he shows up in big games and he is better than morgans"potential".you know darn well we will add a nice wide out in the draft.Am curious as to why some are ripping the team for improving an area that needed improving and not over paying to do it. Its all about the right person and I think the front office and coach(while being a titch arrogant at times ) have a good track record of that. i just do not get the comments like"this will not turn out well,,, i have a bad feeling and of course " he does not seem happy to be here"

I agree. While they still need a WR or 2 from the draft they don't have reach for one in the first or second round. They are in great shape going into the draft and can look at almost any position except QB and punter.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Does anyone know this guy's charachter?

Dummy?

Thug life?

Stand up guy?

He's not the sharpest knife in the drawer but he sounds like a good guy. He was known in New York for making some spectacular catches......also for running the wrong route on a disconcertingly regular basis, sometimes leading to unwanted interceptions. The Super Bowl was a perfect example. He made that HUGE catch that everyone remembers......what most people didn't notice mentioned is that he f**ked up the route on the very next play and wasn't at all where he was supposed to be which was mentioned in the New York media but since they won the game and he made that big catch, notasingle$#$%wasgiventhatday.jpg

In short, talented, determined, hard-working, nice guy with big-play potential but prone to mental lapses.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 22, 2012 at 10:46 AM ]
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
nice

i actually like him a bit more than i did originally

he seems good against 1 on 1 coverage

he and crabtree is good combo and on top of that we have moss a bigger stronger WR (although old and removed from nfl for a year) and also VD

does mario play the slot though?
i think we'll see a lot of crabtree in the slot on third downs.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by danimal:
Here is how I see it. I have a hard time comparing what we are excited about now to what we really had in our last game.

We were pretty excited last year with the thoughts of Crabs, Edwards & Morgan. And we were all let down.

I for one was not looking to just upgrade over the season productivity, but also upgrade our excitment level over last off season.

Crabs, Manningham & Moss == Crabs, Edwards & Morgan in terms of looking forward. We could be as equally let down this time next year with this group
i get your points.i just am thinking(and hopefully right) that there is no way in gods green earth we can not have a edwards2 situation on our hands with one of those guys.i also understand that the stench of every free agent wide out we ever signed under former coaches were disasters and its hard to forget that stuff.My daughter did raise the red flags on edwards and she was right due to his history and we all know what moss has done before but i hope we can do with him what the pats did with him. If i am wrong oh well, it will not the first time i have went out on the ledge but i do not want to be wrong cuz that would be bad for the team
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Does anyone know this guy's charachter?

Dummy?

Thug life?

Stand up guy?

G men fans on their MB say he's a classy dude.

this. I've had two good friends who are Giants fans say, "You're really gonna like that kid."
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by valrod33:
I think he will wear #88

Brian Jennings will sell him #86
I must be on an island all by myself but i think if the season started today, we are in much better shape wide out wise as compared to when we last played a game.Moss at 35 is better at catching a ball and commanding respect from an extra safety than ginn ever was or even morgan. Why the hate for manningham?the man can catch, he is a winner, he shows up in big games and he is better than morgans"potential".you know darn well we will add a nice wide out in the draft.Am curious as to why some are ripping the team for improving an area that needed improving and not over paying to do it. Its all about the right person and I think the front office and coach(while being a titch arrogant at times ) have a good track record of that. i just do not get the comments like"this will not turn out well,,, i have a bad feeling and of course " he does not seem happy to be here"

Here is how I see it. I have a hard time comparing what we are excited about now to what we really had in our last game.

We were pretty excited last year with the thoughts of Crabs, Edwards & Morgan. And we were all let down.

I for one was not looking to just upgrade over the season productivity, but also upgrade our excitment level over last off season.

Crabs, Manningham & Moss == Crabs, Edwards & Morgan in terms of looking forward. We could be as equally let down this time next year with this group

Could be if Manningham & Moss get hurt.
Originally posted by saj4423:
Could be if Manningham & Moss get hurt.

There will be at least one rookie WR plus Coby Fleener at TE, so they'll be quite a bit better off.

i get your points.i just am thinking(and hopefully right) that there is no way in gods green earth we can not have a edwards2 situation on our hands with one of those guys.i also understand that the stench of every free agent wide out we ever signed under former coaches were disasters and its hard to forget that stuff.My daughter did raise the red flags on edwards and she was right due to his history and we all know what moss has done before but i hope we can do with him what the pats did with him. If i am wrong oh well, it will not the first time i have went out on the ledge but i do not want to be wrong cuz that would be bad for the team

I get it. Randy's age bothers me ALOT tho. I think he will be 36 by Sept! Anyway, WR's =>35 not named Rice are non factors to me.

Also unfortunately for me, no rookie WR is going to excite me, because rookie WR's not named Randy Moss are non factors to me.

I hope I am wrong too but I can't fake excitement, and only Wallace can bring me that at this point
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by saj4423:
I agree. While they still need a WR or 2 from the draft they don't have reach for one in the first or second round. They are in great shape going into the draft and can look at almost any position except QB and punter.
right,, aside from that RG and WR all we need is depth in the draft and that is nice to have alot of wants instead of needs. fleener in the first and a nice wide out in the second would be great and while i am allergic to first round wide outs, sounds like you could not go wrong there.combine that with a full off season and your mini camps and ota's, i just can see why this team and offense will not improve from last year, which was not exactly a tragic year
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
I think he will wear #88

Jennings is gonna get cut
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Fame
I think he will wear #88

or that Nate dude will sell him #82
I think he will wear #88

not before he sells him #86
I get it. Randy's age bothers me ALOT tho. I think he will be 36 by Sept! Anyway, WR's =>35 not named Rice are non factors to me.

Also unfortunately for me, no rookie WR is going to excite me, because rookie WR's not named Randy Moss are non factors to me.

I hope I am wrong too but I can't fake excitement, and only Wallace can bring me that at this point

he'll be 36 next february.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
He's not the sharpest knife in the drawer but he sounds like a good guy. He was known in New York for making some spectacular catches......also for running the wrong route on a disconcertingly regular basis, sometimes leading to unwanted interceptions. The Super Bowl was a perfect example. He made that HUGE catch that everyone remembers......what most people didn't notice mentioned is that he f**ked up the route on the very next play and wasn't at all where he was supposed to be which was mentioned in the New York media but since they won the game and he made that big catch, notasingle$#$%wasgiventhatday.jpg

In short, talented, determined, hard-working, nice guy with big-play potential but prone to mental lapses.
no one is perfect, crabs caught the nice touchdown vs the saints then dropped three right in his chest for the rest of the game. I guess unless you are jerry rice, you just hope the good outweigh the bad. that is very simple and stupid but since i am...