There are 304 users in the forums

49ers sign Mario Manningham

Shop Find 49ers gear online
so does this mean we dont draft a wr with our first couple picks????
Originally posted by Karma:
I am ok with the signing. He has great hands and body control. We'll have to see what kind of money he got. The only issues we have now:

1. Obviously QB.
2. RG hopefully Kilgore, a draft pick, or a vet signing can shore this up.
3. KR/PR. This worries me the most. Perrish Cox has some experience but he was out of the league for a year. Williams isn't a bad option desite his untimely meltdown. I still want Ginn back. This is such a key for the team. Perhaps there is a rookie in the later rounds?
I'm fine as long as he got 10 mil or less. If they paid him anything close to what Morgan got, I'll be pissed because I much rather would have had Morgan still on the team than this guy.
Originally posted by adamcarrillo1:
I Dont See Nothin That Says Mario Manningham Signed I looked on NFL.com Nothin

its on nfl.com now
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
I am shocked but the guy reminds me of a clone of Michael Crabtree in a way. Not a great route runner and shows is not consistent catching balls all the time but is a solid player. May be someone who can push Crabtree. Overall we got a solid veteran WR core.

If he didn't know where he was going neither dd the cornerbacks, which makes it very hard to cover him. Good cb study film and the routes wr take on certain formations.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
the signing has potential... and it's not even a true blockbuster deal. I'm loving this move! Let's see what the guy can do when given a chance to be #1

Barrows tweeted it as well.
VD aside, Moss and Manningham are welcomed additions to the wr corp. Three threats in the redzone...
Originally posted by asu49ers:
so does this mean we dont draft a wr with our first couple picks????

Still going to have to add depth at WR. Although I see it as a 2nd-4th round possibility now. Marvin Jones...Marvin Jones...Marvin Jones....

I just see it on the ESPN ticker and came in here to see what's up.
Originally posted by Paul:
the signing has potential... and it's not even a true blockbuster deal. I'm loving this move! Let's see what the guy can do when given a chance to be #1

He won't be #1, this guy is basically a dumbed-down version of Josh Morgan.

OK now we're getting all the championship pieces together. P Manning is the last and most important one so far
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Manningham has had zero ducks though...

No, he just stopped short on routes and watched as the cornerback walked off with a gift interception.

he also caught a td
Hell yeah
Is this signing a clue that maybe Manning has informed the team that he wants to wear red and gold, and the dominoes are falling into place??
I am from the NY area and see many of the Giants games. I really like this signing.
Share 49ersWebzone