LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 223 users in the forums

49ers sign Mario Manningham

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Manning to Manningham!

Is it an omen of things to come? Jesuchristo I hope so!
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Manning to Manningham!

Part Deux
The Wallace hopes are gone now. But hey, we still have our first round pick.
Originally posted by merm49:
Nice pick up. Remember, we're gonna add at least one, maybe two more WRs in the draft. Manningham can be a solid #3 for us. It'll be interesting to see how this team looks in 3 WR sets with Moss, Crabs, and Manningham at WR and VD at TE. I just hope we have Manning to throw the ball for us.

I could see us easily drafting Fleener in this scenario, unless of course if Floyd or Wright fall to us at #30. This will give us some big targets for Manning to throw to right away.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Would rather of had Mike Wallace, but at least it is an improvement from our WR corps.

We still have our 1st round pick.

Hill, Fleener, Jenkins, Konz, ... + Manningham > Wallace

The idea of signing Manning and drafting Fleener gives me a chubby!

Even without Manning I like the moves the 49ers are making.
Add Fleener and a Guard in the drafts first 2 rounds and holy $hit!
  • Dapro
  • Veteran
I don't see this on anywhere. Not on espn or rotoworld?
  • Dapro
  • Veteran

[ Edited by Dapro on Mar 17, 2012 at 8:42 PM ]
Originally posted by BigDaddy:
Meh....we needed a WR but I've read several articles saying he is a terrible route runner and never really knew the playbook. Maybe these things can be fixed.

Lol. I was just telling my buddy that he runs good routes. One of us is wrong . probably me
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Mar 17, 2012 at 8:42 PM ]
Direct order from Peyton

Originally posted by valrod33:
Peyton Manning has some weapons now. Crabtree, Manningham, Moss, VD and Gire

The heck? How do you even know if were gonna land him?
also this should also help us get inside info on the Giants offense, when we face them again regular season and playoffs.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Lol. I was just telling my buddy that he runs good routes. One of us is wrong

He's a HORRIBLE route runner. One of my best friends is an old-school die-hard Giants fan and this guy probably contributed more to raising his blood pressure than anyone else on that team. That is one of the things that concerns me about him, he's got a reputation of running the wrong route, or quitting on routes early after the ball is already in the air, leading to easy pickoffs by the defense such as what happened against the 49ers this year. He's tough, he's physical, he's a willing run-blocker but by all accounts he's isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

Early on in FA he was looking for a big money deal, to be paid like a #1 receiver, reality is a b***h though as he realized that he was overrating himself considerably, if he plays as a #3 guy for the 49ers, then its a good deal, anything more...........
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 17, 2012 at 8:45 PM ]
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
I hope we didn't overpay. His stats from 2011.

39 catches for 523 yards and 4TD's. I would have rather had Lloyd.

Manningham has had zero ducks though...
anyone have a link??
Share 49ersWebzone